[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why Disney is so beyond criticism at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: Walt_disney_pictures.jpg (291 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Walt_disney_pictures.jpg
291 KB, 1366x768
Can someone explain to me why Disney is so beyond criticism at the moment. And no, I'm not accusing them of "buying critics," the Disney boner extends to regular people as well. It seems like people actively hate everything but Disney films at the moment. Game of Thrones premiers last night, it gets ripped to shreds. X-men trailer drops this morning, all anybody has to say about it is how awful Jennifer Lawrence is. Meanwhile, Jungle Book is the greatest thing since Zootopia, and will remain so until Civil War becomes the highest grossing film since the newest Star Wars. It's starting to get crazy.

What the hell is it about Disney that you people love so much more than literally any other form of entertainment.
>>
they know how to make good movies
>>
>>68727070
What specifically is so great about them?
>>
>>68727070
TFA was mediocre at best
>>
>>68727012
They paid us all off op, every last one of us.
>>
File: ok-hand-sign.png (33 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
ok-hand-sign.png
33 KB, 256x256
>>68727012

People like innocent shit. Haven't you learned that by now? Humans are selfish, so whenever you hear youtubers or twitch faggots say "THANKS FOR SUBBING" and "I READ ALL COMMENTS" they are really not. Nobody cares about you. People want money, pleasure, and influence.
>>
To be fair they've made quite a few great movies that several generations hold as cherished childhood memories.
>>
>>68727012
>i never really read reviews: the post.
This board alone is heavily critical of disney especially mcu.
Disney makes movies that sell. Outside of this board they do well because they don't want to lose money
>>
>>68727136
You want bullet point analysis of why each Disney property is good.
>>
>>68727012
they don't buy critics, they buy talent and studios.
>>
>>68727012
>Game of Thrones premiers last night, it gets ripped to shreds

Maybe because Game of Thrones is terrible.
>>
>>68727012
>"you people"

These people (mostly) liked Zootopia, thought Jungle Book meh and TFA a ripoff pleb fest. Whom exactly are you asking?
>>
File: disney-worships-satan.jpg (126 KB, 960x734) Image search: [Google]
disney-worships-satan.jpg
126 KB, 960x734
its the Devils work
>>
>>68727221
>This board alone is heavily critical of disney especially mcu.
This board is pretty heavily critical of TFA, but any criticism of Marvel is met with a literal army's worth of Evans memers.
>>
>>68727012
They bought the right companies.
>Pixar
>Marvel
>Lucasfilm

In addition they're making good remakes to beloved animated classics as well as keeping with the tradition of producing new ones.

Disneys next real fail is likely gonna be Pirates 5.
>>
>>68727352
>i don't understand shit posting
They do that to b8 and people fall for it.
There is literal threads daily to criticise marvel.
>>
>>68727352
Because Marvel movies are enjoyed as popcorn flick, you may also have noticed the silly company wars.
>>
File: 1449441768984.webm (3 MB, 1028x800) Image search: [Google]
1449441768984.webm
3 MB, 1028x800
>>68727352
>This board is pretty heavily critical of TFA

It's 4 people from /co/

/tv/ knows The Kino Awakens is a masterpiece and Rey is queen.
>>
>>68727012
They have an innocent, yet traditional image. The movies aren't that special anymore, but they keep getting good reviews because they have a certain confidence about them. The animation, the character design; it all evokes confidence. Because of this, it is impossible to criticize.
They are one of the few entities that are seen as 'good', so they always have an advantage.
>>
>>68727243
I would at least like something more than, "because they know how to make good movies."

I could just as easily say that they only make literal abortions, but if back it up with nothing than it isn't a very strong argument.
>>
>>68727524
Fine, they're comfy as fuck and expertly engineered to sell well.
>>
They have the most money and can hire the best people for the job. They also manage the fuck out of everything so nothing actually risky will ever be produced. It isn't that hard to understand. Game of Thrones is a shitty television show, not a global media empire.
>>
>>68727564
>comfy as fuck

the other anon asked for arguments, not memes
>>
>>68727616
>They have the most money and can hire the best people for the job.
>literally who television directors and the guy who directed "bring it on 2" are the best directors money can buy.
>>
>>68727165
It was a mediocre at best film. It was a good flick.
>>
>>68727799
All language is memes.
And yeah, they're comfy. Warm, safe, unchallenging and familiar. Tell me they aren't.
>>
>>68727816
The Director isn't the only person making the movie dumbass.
>>
I know /tv/ is allergic to the word "fun" but that's why.

Especially right now, when there's a lot of social tension and grim shit on the news. When the news is bad, people like fun movies, they like to escape a little and decompress.

It was the same reason musicals and animated fairy tales were so popular in the 30s and 40s, people just wanted to get away from all the bad news for a while.
>>
>>68727012

I honestly don't know what alternate universe you live in that has Disney "beyond criticism".

TFA got blasted for being a New Hope remake. Age of Ultron got Whedon exiting stage right and even managed to run him off of Twitter.

Disney happens to be on a roll where little if anything they're doing is absolutely terrible. TFA might have been a rehash but it was an entertaining rehash. AoU might have been coasting on the Avengers' laurels but they had alot of momentum to coast off of.

In recent history they've avoided making stinkers like BvS. But if you think they're immune to being shredded when they actually do crap out a turd like that one you're absolutely insane.
>>
>>68727012
This might blow your mind but it's possible for a large amount of people to like something you do not.
>>
>>68727964
And? It was stated that Disney has enough money to buy the best people for the job. That would imply the best director as well. Also, would you honestly say that the Marvel movies represent the best of any aspect of filmmaking? I'm not saying they're "bad", but break it down piece by piece. The cinematography is bland, the CGI often video game caliber, the stories safe and familiar, the acting is average (to be fair, the actors are great, but they aren't given all that much to do), the soundtracks are forgettable (I literally couldn't hum the Avengers theme with a gun to my head)... None of it is outright bad, but none of it is all that impressive either.
>>
>>68728573
>safe and familiar
This is their greatest strength you moron.
>>
>>68728644
That's fine, but it is also fucking boring as sin. If you're saying that is the highest a film can aspire to you're out of your goddamn mind.
>>
>>68728748
Straw men burn easily.
Point me to where I said that's the highest a film can aspire to. Tell me how boring isn't subjective.

You wanted to know why Disney is below ed, its because its safe and familiar. The end.
>>
>>68727012
fucking I don't know man it baffles me
it makes me believe the jewish conspiracies tbqh

i tend to think those idiots are either literal shills pulling shit out of their ass, if not a bunch of infantilized fanboys.
I just don't understand how someone can be so defensive on behalf of a corporate property
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>68727012
Their movies are all accessable, innoffensive flicks with quippy humor that's enjoyable at the time but is largely forgettable as years come and pass. In a world where safe spaces are a thing, they're succeeding by playing off on nostalgia, feel-good emotions and making sure not to trigger or make anyone think about any possibly too negative ideas and emotions. In a wprld where men and women are becoming increasingly infantalized, treating them like children is paying off big time.
>>
Safe movies

Simple Plots

Plain cinematography and editing

Basically Plebs: The Studio
>>
>>68727012
Disney have both the finances and the know how to get the right people for every single project they do. I hate capeshit, but will acknowledge that they consistently get it right - and while /tv/ hates TFA, some people here would have to admit that it was made with a great deal of care with regards to the practical effects and other things people hated about the prequels and loved about the originals.
>>
>>68728644
Read the fucking post you're replying to.
>>
>>68729357
OK. Now what?
>>
File: anastasia.jpg (20 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
anastasia.jpg
20 KB, 182x268
This is pretty great
>>
This is a retarded comparison. People not liking how far GoT has strayed from it's story and how big Jlaw's ego is has nothing to do with whether they like a Disney movie.
>>
>>68729484

I LOVE ANJA
>>
>>68727012
Zootopia was great. Jungle Book is great.
>>
>>68729830
how old are you?
>>
>>68729929
>>
>>68727352
>literal army's worth of Evans memers.
>army of Evans memers
>"""""""""""""""""""army"""""""""""""""""""""
You falled for this?
>>
>>68729510
You are a retard, that's why.
>>
>>68729510
>b-b-but muh mature kino
>>
Honestly they made most enjoyable movies for me in recent years

Sw 7, ant man, guardians,frozen,winter soldier ,big hero6, inside out

What else do you want desu?
I was so hyped with bvs yet wb failed again, new harry potter looks crap too

When you go disney movie even without looking name you can say you are in treat . Not masterpieces for that matter but who cares outside of /kino/ posters.
>>
boy the flood of paranoid dc fans sure makes me want to see their movies
>>
>>68730716
super hero movies are fucking retarded
>>
>>68729484
not Disney famajam
>>
>>68730750

So what?

It's still a cartoon
>>
they make genuinely enjoyable movies.
>>
>>68730771
Okay, great. Thanks for contributing nothing to the thread.
>>
Zootopia almost drove me insane. I don't even know what opinion to have on it because I have 6 conflicting ones. It's like, a Shakira plug, Nazi propaganda, a legit study on how racism is used to subvert people at large, and a psy op to make the next gen of kids worse than German furries.
>>
>>68730771
>it's still a cartoon

with that logic you can say fucking underdogs is by the disney greats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvsdjmn1ae4
>>
>>68730803

I contributed a nice image of a nice movie.
>>
>>68730832
You are legit retarded
>>
>>68730832
And a metaphor for the conspiracy theory about invention of cocaine.
>>
>>68730885
You can't prove that.
>>68730917
Yes, also a child friendly, utterly meaningless allegory for the war on drugs. Forgo about that one.
>>
>>68727524
>>68727136

Sounds like you literally just want to argue and will just "nuh uh" anything anyone has to say, so why should we waste OUR time for YOUR benefit?

Why don't you instead tell US why you don't like their films, and then we'll decide if you're worth arguing with. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>68727012
>tfw we'll never get an unapologetically accurate film about Walt Disney's life because the company is lawyer'd up like a motherfucker
>>
>>68727012
See
>>68731042
>>
>>68727136
You literally want me to explain to you why their movies are good? Jesus christ, THIS is the state of /tv/.

Everybody please look at this. These are the people you post with.
>>
Disney has a formula for safe, easy films that feel like spectacles.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone accuse Disney of pushing the boundaries of filmmaking or art, but they have a stable of franchises with built-in appeal (and, to their benefit, a link to animated films that makes every new animated property feel like its already old just because it has the Disney name) and they are good enough with each of those properties to make them decently appealing to the masses (yes, people on the whole like quips and shit).

It's fast food cinema, but like a Chipotle or Noodles & Co rather than a McDonald's or BK.
>>
>>68727352

>LaughingEvans.jpeg

DCucks, everyone
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.