[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stand up comedy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: bill burr.jpg (26 KB, 634x492) Image search: [Google]
bill burr.jpg
26 KB, 634x492
What is, in your opinion, the best stand up? The stand up that addresses the issues you have with today's society and that you agree on. Something that really strikes a chord.
https://youtu.be/VbGnaCNEgg0
>>
>tfw bill went bald
>>
JUST CHECKIN IN ON YA
>>
>>68726862
>stand up that addresses the issues you have with today's society
no thanks. i want to watch comedy to laugh not listen to some fucking lefty blabber on about shit they dont understand
>>
>>68727653
It's also funny.
>>
>>68726862
Saw freckles on Friday night, him and Tom Segura are currently the only comedians I really give a shit about.

I used to love alt comedy when it was novel but God damn it just won't end now. Somebody should kill Moshe kasher
>>
Esther Ku, obviously.

I really don't understand how she has a career.
>>
>>68727653
This. I can't watch any comic that does political material. Norm Macdonald will always be my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBM8XGbVOFs
>>
>>68728730
She jerks off on her podcast I guess

Her and Brodie Stevens had a podcast for a while, pretty sure Brian Redban dragging her dumb ass around is the only reason she exists as a comic
>>
>>68726862
Aerie Spears is really good.
>>
>>68726862
>I like faux philosophic stand up
>>
>>68728730
I just youtubed her and nope. She is not funny.
>>
>>68729822
Weaboos, Koreaboos and Asianfever betas I guess.
>>
>>68726862
George Carlin. Chris Rock.
>>
>>68726862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac
>>
Love me some Dave Chappelle
>>
File: he come out stew.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
he come out stew.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
Stew and Billy Coppercrotch are probably the best of their respective nations right now.

I find them both hilarious in different ways, but I agree with Burr more.
>>
Rant comedy gets boring after a while
>>
>>68726862
Anything Eddie Pepitone and Doug Stanhope say on this topic i find myself nodding in agreement.
>>
Every Golden Globe opening by Ricky Gervais
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnIGdb-sT-s
>>
File: 2m2na.jpg (341 KB, 1299x820) Image search: [Google]
2m2na.jpg
341 KB, 1299x820
OH, HELLOOO
CHYARMED I'M SHUER
>>
Louis CK.. man.

He changes his entire act every year. It's fucking amazing how much different content he has out there.
Bootleg his videos. He wouldn't mind.
shameless, oh my god, hilarious, live at beacon theater, etc.. anything and everything between 2005-2015 stuff. To be honest if you go too far back, he was rather shit. I mean he's been doing stand up since like the late 80's or something. His 90s acts are meh. OK, really shit. Something just clicked and he got really really good at some point after the turn of the century.
Bill Bur is good. Dave Chappele is good. Tons of good ones out there. but so many comics are kind of one dimensional and don't have all that much material throughout their careers.
>>
File: 1315010001557.jpg (42 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
1315010001557.jpg
42 KB, 506x316
>>68731479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R37zkizucPU
I'm guessing you might have seen this already, but he goes into detail about what happened between his shitty early career and his success.
Also very touching, and incredible to see how sensitive and humble he can be.
>>
>>68731479
>He changes his entire act every year. It's fucking amazing how much different content he has out there.
A new hour of material every year is the least you should expect from a stand-up comedian.
>>
>>68731479
his stand up is becoming shittier every year, imo desu senpai

his material was funnier before
>>
>>68731646
The vast majority ride on the same set for years
>>
>>68731634
Nice. Thanks.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.