[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
walk-out movies thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1459286757060.jpg (9 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
1459286757060.jpg
9 KB, 184x273
i shall start

this film reminds me of boyhood. both have no story

is this the new hip way of making films?
>>
>>68720177
Its got a story but its intentionally meandering and above the protagonist so you ever only see it obliquely. It was a better adaptation of pynchon then i was expecting.
>>
I actually walked out of that too but only because the girl I went with wanted to fuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkk dude I put my cock in her right in the theater parking lot ba bingo here we go baby oh shit I'm about to cum already sorry that doesn't usually happen
>>
>Muh plot
>>
>>68720291
send her to fuck Chad. why delay the inevitable?
>>
>>68720291
Bet she already fucked chad
>>
PTA killed that shit. 6/10, you silly twat.
>>
Project Almanac and Man of Steel
>>
Well made movie, but its too long. If it was 90 min id love it even as is(depending on the edit obviously.). For its current run time, i think there would have to be something more.
Inside Llewyn Davis left me with a very similar aftertaste.
>>
>>68720177
>plotfaggots
Literally has no valid opinions.

The noir genre would drive you insane.
>>
>>68720177

Do you have ADHD or some other form of the plebs by any chance?
>>
I separate American whites by a dividing line.

Lebowski or Sportello?

Trick question, because the answer is Marlowe..
>>
Never ever walked out, but I remember Shrek 3 was the first one that made me legitimately feel that way, like half our into the flick. To this day I can't understand how they could go from that GOAT second one to the cringefest that the third is.
>>
>>68720596
>Marlowe
Fair point, my nigga. Fair point.

>tfw I'm in the Sportello camp.
>>
File: 1460789448693.jpg (37 KB, 269x328) Image search: [Google]
1460789448693.jpg
37 KB, 269x328
>>68720573
no... i dont walk out on 2001 by kubrick or drive sequel or mulholland ....BUT i walk out on plotless films that were done that way due to lack of skill or by mistake...or simply badly made
>>
>>68720177
>i do not comprehend the film's story
>film must have no story
>>
>>68720682

But this movie has a plot. They imagine some drug cartel applying this shit to the heroin trade:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_integration

So they do production, manufacture, importation, distribution of the drug and then rehab and even dental reconstruction (because heroin hurts teeth or so it seems). Some guy turns into this colossal scheme and tries to figure it all out despite being a washed up hippie who doesn't know if he's making all this shit up in his head
>>
>>68720536
i think the road trip scene lasted way too long. everything else in Inside Llewyn Davis was tops, though.

my main gripe with Inherent Vice was that the film did not elevate the material in the book. PTA made a wonderful film out of the material in Oil. he failed to do the same with IV. the film, while not an overall failure, failed to reach Pynchonion levels.
>>
>>68721140

Pynchon is literally impossible to adapt faithfully tho
>>
>>68720643
Shrek 3 has its moments but yeah pretty much everything is embarrassing or walkout tier

>that medieval school

Shit was awful
>>
>>68721183
yeah, i'll give you that. maybe i'll watch the film again soon and see how it holds up. as far as Pynchon goes, i'd love to see a multi-season HBO series of either Mason & Dixon or Against the Day.
>>
>>68720929
its stupid. dental & rehab make no money compared to heroin. so this plot is already broken
>>
>>68721324
>wanting the likes of DABID be near a mile from Mason & Dixon

That's sick
>>
>>68721607
DABID?
btw, i hold books in higher regard than films and have no qualms about adaptations. i say go for it, they don't ruin the books for me at all. however, more often than not, the films fail to live up to the source material. sometimes, though, they can and it's glorious when they do, but for me, it's books first, movies second.
>>
File: Ant-Man.jpg (41 KB, 313x442) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man.jpg
41 KB, 313x442
>>68720177
I stood up during a pre-screening of Antman and screamed, "ALL JEWS MUST DIE", then went about walking to the nearest exit, to my surprise, the audience gave me a standing ovation as I left.
>>
Only movie I walked out on was Hail Caesar. Not because it was that bad, I just reached a point where I didn't want to sit there anymore. Left and went for a walk around the block instead, enjoyed it a lot more
>>
Probably not a good theatre movie because of complex plot and length but great movie. Doc is THAT niggah.
>>
File: 1461482648830.png (279 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461482648830.png
279 KB, 500x500
>Walking out of a movie
>Not finishing the movie so you can form a meaningful argument why you dislike it
>>
File: 1438883652484.jpg (77 KB, 440x560) Image search: [Google]
1438883652484.jpg
77 KB, 440x560
>>68720177
>>
Inherent Vice
The latest James Bond movie
Boyhood
High Rise
The first Hobbit movie
Star Wars The Force Awakens
>>
It was nothing like Boyhood and had a very complex story.

OP's a retard.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.