[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without any memes, what the fuck is going on? This show is so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: photo.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
Without any memes, what the fuck is going on? This show is so fucking horrible it's starts to loop around and become hard to watch again. I know all the DABID memes and all that, but how the fuck can it be so absolutely atrocious?

> Brienne showing up at the right place at exactly the right time AGAIN
> sandsneks killing everyone on their side for no reason.
> boring as fuck monologues all over the place
> retarded MELISANDRE IS ACTUALLY OLD plottwist
> literal Monty Python dialogue

It still manages to produce quality memes, but it's really getting hard to watch at this point.
>>
Every good thing about the show is taken straight from the book. The more they strayed, the worse it got. Now they're completely off book.
>>
The Sansa & Theon tender moments got to me. That & the sense of Brennie being doomed & it transfering on to Sansa set against her saving the day.

After that, meh.
>>
>>68718650
Agree. I had some hopes for that season, but then I saw the first episode. Episode that is really important as this is the moment where devs should feed us with some action, some plot twists and shit but instead of that we got scene with Theon hugging Sans to give her hope and thrshtalking with her, scene with Cersei talking with Jami for waaaay to long about some emotional bullcrap. From that moment I knew, I knew that this season again will be boring as fuck and full of scenes of a) people sitting around campfire and talking b)people seating by the table, drinking wine and talking c) scenes where one guy comes to another guy that is writing a letter or something and they start talking (like all those with Tywin Lannister)
>>
This show has only been successful and critically acclaimed due to high production values, good acting, and strong source material. D&D have never been good writers or show runners. They have no idea what makes compelling or satisfying TV. They are literally retarded.
>>
How do you know some of these things aren't from the books though?

I bet Oldsandre and Snek shit is from the books. Fits GRRM too well.
>>
>>68720030
>They have no idea what makes compelling or satisfying TV.

And I presume you do, since you've obviously produced many successful tv shows.
>>
>>68720030
They must be doing something right if people keep tuning in. Most people like what they do too, it's the loud minority that hates on them. Don't forget that /tv/ and other leddit forums you visit are a vocal minority.
>>
>>68718650
I knew Melisandre is actually ugly, the books hint at the fact that everything about her is a lie.
>>
>>68720086
I haven't but even I would know better than to end my highly anticipated season premiere on some naked old hag crawling into bed after 50 minutes of just slightly advancing 20 different storylines and nothing actually interesting happening.

This show always has pathetic lackluster premieres, everyone knows this. They don't know how to start things with a bang.
>>
>>68720086
no, he knows it because game of thrones has failed to be compelling or satisfying for over three seasons now

by the way the "you can't criticize unless you can do it better" argument is for retards, you retard
>>
>>68718650
Why didnt you post this in one of the other 12 game of thrones threads? Fuck off and stop being cancer.
>>
>>68720312
>no, he knows it because game of thrones has failed to be compelling or satisfying for over three seasons now

That's your opinion. More people disagree with you than agree. Purveying your subjective opinion as an objective fact is what retards do, retard.
>>
>>68720312
It hasn't failed though. People love it. Your opinion is part of a small minority.

The ratings for the show have increased steadily and haven't dropped.

Most shows drop, even if good.
>>
File: 1461474859725.png (305 KB, 433x416) Image search: [Google]
1461474859725.png
305 KB, 433x416
>>68720084
>>
>muh D&D can't satisfy viewers meme

Season 6 premiere had 10.5 million viewers.

/tv/ and leddit are a very loud minority. Normies love GoT.
>>
>>68720543

wtf is a normie
>>
>>68720582
Norm mcdonald
>>
>>68720312
Oh man, you're getting reckd
>>
>>68720582
(You)
>>
You do realize that Game of Thrones is the only tv show in history to keep growing with each season, right?

Not even MASH, Friends, Seinfeld, LOST, etc could do it. They either hit a peak or started losing viewers.

Only autists hate on D&D.
>>
Season 1 was unironically the best season.

Funnily enough, all the fan girls and normies never even watched it in season 1. It was "too boring" and too political, which is actually what made it great.
Then the red wedding happened and everyone wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Then the show just got dumbed down to suit the normies
>>
>>68720764
This
>>
File: hYyjryE.webm (263 KB, 640x354) Image search: [Google]
hYyjryE.webm
263 KB, 640x354
>>68718650
The show was much better when GRRM was helping produce, season 5 had it's moments and stuck to some source material but season 6 is already full blown going into fan fic territory and as a result they will try to kill a lot of secondary characters who otherwise would benefit the story staying alive.
>>
Im just a pleb but I never read the books. I didnt hate last night's episode. I enjoyed it. Im interested to see why Stannis and Jon were in the flames. S5 E8 was one of the best things I've seen on TV ever, right up there with BrBa and the 6 minute long take in True Detective. GoT is only dying to book nerds.
>>
>>68718650
Most of the acting is actually ultra-shit at this point. Truly the emperor has no clothes..
>>
>>68720764
Completely agree. The quality dip ever-so-slightly dipped in season 2 (when they strayed from the books) but the show maintained a decent level of quality. I consider season 4 to be the start of the downfall into shit.
>>
>>68719037
>people sitting and talking
Is George Lucas writing the screenplay?
>>
>>68720764
Yup. So you should stop watching and leave this thread.
>>
>>68720764
Now we just get boring monologues and random violent scenes that exist for shock value rather than fitting in with the story. It's literally the Walking Dead now.
>>
File: melisandrebath.jpg (36 KB, 656x326) Image search: [Google]
melisandrebath.jpg
36 KB, 656x326
Why isnt she old here?
How is it that Brienne has GPS?
How did Theon and Sansa survived without breaking their legs?
>>
>>68721047
How did the sneks get on the boat?
>>
loving the strong independent womyn theme, hope it continues
>>
>>68721111
They had teleport.
>>
>>68721152
If only Stannis was a strong womyn, he may have been able to take Winterfell off guard.
>>
>>68721029
>how dare you hold opinions different than mine!
>>
>>68721047
>
>They followed the seven good men
>They jumped into snow
>>
It was nice to see Brienne get some resolution/renewed purpose. She was so cute reciting her vows.
>>
Babby autists can't handle the fact that dabid and dan are cleverer and more successful than they will ever be

TV is inundated with historical epics, capeshit and the walking dead. All have shit writing and have no end game in sight. Mixed in with shit actors and shit production quality.

Game of Thrones is the best looking tv show(the most important thing about prime time telly), it's the only show that has an ending in sight and the viewer get rewarded for not being an brain dead.

Come back and say got is shit when everything else on telly can actually hold a candle to it because sadly there's fuck all else on TV.
>>
It's alright in small doses even though it took 6 seasons for winter to come.
Also it's a show for women so I don't know what you expect.
>>
>>68721047
Why isn't Stan the Man with Brienne
>>
File: 1461225003546.jpg (15 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
1461225003546.jpg
15 KB, 234x230
>>68720582
>>
>>68718650
there's one explaination. this is the first season d&d dont have a book to draw from and it's exposing their flaws as writers
>>
>>68721303
>seven good men
>not Ser Twenty Goodman
>>
>>68718650

This was the BvS of episodes. Too many pointless storylines, couldn't spend longer than a few minutes with each character, motivations made little sense and tons of cringe + plot holes.

If they don't cut/merge storylines soon then I have a bad feeling about this season. Still got Greyjoys and Bran to fit in this clusterfuck yet
>>
It is obvious now that season 1>2>3>4>5>6, but it's still good enough to watch. The only thing I really hated in this episode was the "le top 5 best things in life".
>>
>>68718650
> boring as fuck monologues all over the place
How is this a new thing at all

Monologues that don't stand close inspection have been a thing since S1. The characters sure love to talk about how good it feels to kill or what the price of honor is.
>>
>>68720543
Its new viewers plus old viewers going well ive watched up to this point might as well just watch till the end even if it is shit.
>>
>>68718650

> literal Monty Python dialogue

THANK YOU! Glad to know I'm not the only one to notice the Spanish Inquisition Dothraki skit!

We all noticed as writers D&D suck, but they also have to change shit up to save money. Guessing the Cunt Coup the Sneks did were to spur on the plot in the books of The Golden Company invading Westeros and marching towards King's Landing. Which is why it was so rushed and out of place.

At this point they are keeping themselves afloat with fanservice and sjw pandering.
>>
>>68722614
Yeah that was forced as fuck. Like Monty Python but not funny
>>
Are the sand sneks only there to make people like the Boltons?
>>
>>68722053
cuz hes ded lol
>>
>>68720543
Everyone was hyped for new season.
A lot of people are going to stop caring after that first episode.
>>
What was going on with this episode.

Sand snakes kill prince of dorn and his son WHYYYYYY

Pointless scene with blind girl

Why the fuck did mel become get naked, is it only to fulfill a nudity quota? It was pointless.

Why the fuck was mary sue in the woods and magically finds sansa?

This episode was shit, and how long till jon snow comes back to life?
>>
>>68723379
And dont forget dany queen of prok pies getting away yet afuckinggain
>>
>>68720230
was more like 30 minutes. I mean wasn't the episode 43 minutes with like 5 minutes of 'what happened last time' and three minutes of intro and one of credits.

Its hardly near an hour.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.