[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were directing Jesse, how would you have gotten a better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: hehe.jpg (78 KB, 1005x1079) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
78 KB, 1005x1079
If you were directing Jesse, how would you have gotten a better Lex Luthor performance out of him?
>>
>>68711271
I don't think it could be done, he did great Was not his worst performance. It was natural dialogue that worked. It was the script that suffered.
>>
>>68711271
Hired someone else.
>>
>>68711271
I would have got them to rewrite the script for a start. It's where all of the problems in this movie stem from.
>>
>>68711271
You cannot fix miscasting by telling the miscast actor to "act better"
>>
>>68711271
Well the dialogues would have to be changed first. Less jokes and awkwardness, more perverse implications, more of a machialevic presence instead of "me so evuuul at dem red capes lol" no day vs night either. Just the fact that he has evil crazy plans. No laughing at his own jokes either. Just more threatening by silence and looks.
>>
>Superman is balding
>Batman is a fat ass
>WW is anorexic and unintimidating
>Luthor is weaselly and unauthoritative
Is this the most miscast movie in the history of movies
>>
>>68711271
I would have sent Jesse to get Bryan Cranston to play Lex.
>>
File: 1451378409590.jpg (42 KB, 413x429) Image search: [Google]
1451378409590.jpg
42 KB, 413x429
>>68711389
>telling the miscast actor to "act better"

That's exactly what you do.

It's the difference between Jackson in the Star Wars prequels and Jackson in Hateful 8.
>>
>>68711471
kek
>>
>>68711471
>not Clancy Brown

Cmon son
>>
>>68711271
>OK Jesse, try it again but this time dial it back a notch. You're a succesful businessman who knows what he wants, not a 12 year old in a candy store.
>>
>>68711441
I could see Henry Cavill play a young Lex Luthor actually
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461531451667.jpg (36 KB, 960x852) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461531451667.jpg
36 KB, 960x852
"Hey Eisenberg you're not Luthor anymore, you're the riddler"

Done.
>>
I think he'll be perfect 2 or 3 movies from now. But as of yet it was a weird introduction to this universe's Luthor
>>
>>68713330
>I think he'll be perfect 2 or 3 movies from now.

no one will care about him 2-3 movies from now.
>>
Boys! Mmm, DC Comics meets Zack Snyder! Ah, I love it! I love bringing people together! How are we?

Ow! Wow, that is a shitty director! You should not make a movie with this person.
>>
>>68712000
>who knows what he wants
Even he doesn't know what he wants in this movie
>>
I hated how he casually dropped that his dad beat him well past the point of anyone having sympathy for him. Did he even have a reason for wanting to kill Batman? Or Superman? Or creating the mutant? Or was he just a terribly executed Joker
>>
I really liked his Lex actually. I found it freshing that he wasn't the super serious boring old guy, it would've made the film even more serious than it was.
>>
>>68711271
The actor can't fix a poorly written character

And I have the feeling Snyder told Jessie to "act crazier"
>>
>>68711271
Tell him to shave his head from the start and talk more like the Quip Man, rather than Batman Forever's Riddler.
>>
>>68713607
Lex is supposed to be the rich, charming badass tho. Like an evil Bruce Wayne. Making the character Joker without makeup just doesn't make sense.
and yes, I'm quoting TGWTG
>>
He was fine, and people making joker comparisons are off base.
>>
>>68713805
He was shit what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>Hey Jesse?

>Quit doing all the shit you're doing

>do some other shit instead, do literally anything else
>>
>>68711271
Dumb gay Lex Luthor is the only way Eisenberg could have played it. It would have been even worse if he tried to play it completely straight
>>
>>68714097

Snyder should have just let him be Jimmy and get shot in the face for laffs.
>>
>>68711271
Made him play lex rather than some joker wannabe.
>>
>>68713703
I don't care.
>>
>>68714281
Go to bed Snyder.
>>
>>68711483
How can you guys spend so much time on this board and not grasp even the basics of filmmaking? I'll never understand it.
>>
>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

I thought he was pretty good desu
>>
>>68713703

>not muh Luthor
>>
I'd go the Marvel route and make him sympathetic.
>>
>>68715735

>not muh Roland

Fuck off.
>>
File: tumblr_mx4766bDay1r73qi5o1_400.jpg (135 KB, 400x470) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx4766bDay1r73qi5o1_400.jpg
135 KB, 400x470
I'd make Lex go full sperg and recast him
>>
>>68715646
This is what someone who hasn't read much Greek tragedy thinks Greek tragedy is about.
>>
>>68716015
Like you?
>>
>>68711271
I would have fired him and casted bryan cranston instead
>>
I still think he's the perfect Riddler.
>>
>>68715530
>How can you guys spend so much time on this board and not grasp even the basics of filmmaking? I'll never understand it.
literally nothing but capeshit threads, GoT threads, BBC cuck threads, and mommy threads. You're the retarded one for even posting that anon.
>>
File: Luthor - Birthright.jpg (333 KB, 900x456) Image search: [Google]
Luthor - Birthright.jpg
333 KB, 900x456
>>68711271
>>
>>68711271
His performance is fantastic already
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.