[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: films only high IQ individuals will understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: bvs.jpg (8 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
8 KB, 299x168
ITT: films only high IQ individuals will understand
>>
>>68707662
I understand it's flawed. Hardly anyone would disagree.

ITT: troll
>>
File: CXaKCnyWkAA8zHj.jpg (125 KB, 600x896) Image search: [Google]
CXaKCnyWkAA8zHj.jpg
125 KB, 600x896
>>
actually both high and low can, just not the middle of the spectrum (the people who cause all of the problems in the world)
>>
File: image.png (396 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.png
396 KB, 540x540
>>68707662
>>
File: rotten.png (157 KB, 574x285) Image search: [Google]
rotten.png
157 KB, 574x285
This
>>
>>68707662
The criticism this movie received really made me believe most people simply didn't get it.
>>
>>68708014
It's not a Marvel movie, what's not to get?
>>
>>68707920
agree
>>
>>68708014
Only people with autism could appreciate it
>>
>>68708014
Didn't get what?

There's like 3 movies mushed into one with 5 other movies being birthed from it at the same time.

Wait before we have this argument, what's your moms name?
>>
File: smokin_aces.png (305 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
smokin_aces.png
305 KB, 417x600
Almost nobody gets this movie.
>>
Gonna post this. I've tried to get responses on these thoughts but never have yet.

My overall feeling was that it was trying to discuss contemporary political theory, but lost its tonal foundation somewhere along the way.

Supes is the ideal citizen, while Batman is the pragmatist. These two concepts are perpetually in contest with each other.

It's worth noting too, that Bruce is rich as shit, and Clark is fucking poor.

I thought it said a lot when you see just how handily Bats rekt Superman in their bout. He wasn't fighting to win, he was fighting to hurt. Look at the extra effort he went through to get that sink so as to smash it on Supes head. This is something the cynical pragmatist would certainly love to do. To really show the new kid on the block just ow real the world actually is.

Lex's ramblings were about some of the formative necessities of a society, and the constant struggle between state and industry. That plays a backseat though because the real story was about idealism vs. pragmatism. He'll you could even make a point that the struggle was because of the state and corporations meddling in people's affairs. Bruce is played like harp from hell for the overwhelming majority of the runtime.

It's very interesting. I felt a lot of patriotic undercurrents in the movie.

That's just me though.
>>
>>68708137
>Wait before we have this argument, what's your moms name?
Thank you for proving my point.

>muh martha
>>
>>68708171
Whoa there Charles Dickens this is a meme board
>>
>>68708194
It's the resolution to the main arc of BATMAN V SUPERMAN. Of the Batman FIGHTING Superman ending arc.

What am I missing?

Protip: You'll never tell.
>>
>>68707662
ITT: Post shitty movies you like I guess
>>
>>68708171
It starts off with a 9/11 imagery... how could it not seem patriotic. That and Superman represents the ideal American values. It's not something that really is talked about IN the movie, but outside of it, so besides the quips to old school superman flying about the movie like a hornet nest whenever anyone is talking with Kent, It's assumed he's saving people often...

so anyways, why didn't Lex goto CIA about stopping Superman, they were the one in charge of doing it, not the senator.
>>
>>68708250
Mentioning Martha reveals the human side of Superman to Bruce. He would have never expected a man who is literally a god to have a family that he actually cares for.
He realized he tried to murder someone who he thought was a monster without emotions, but in reality was just a guy with great powers but also a human side.
Was it a bit rushed? Sure, but that's how it goes. So deal with it or go fuck yourself. Possibly both.
>>
>>68707662
you forgot to say pic unrelated
>>
>>68708144
I don't doubt that, it seems to have some implications in it.
>>
>>68708250
Yeah but it was how bruce dad say martha and coz he think "oh noes, I'm kill nao, just like Crime Alleyman wuz, I are have epifanny."

Is so deep, u dum.
>>
>>68708309
1% chance that people don't have a mother.

You got to admit Superman was stopping by to fuck with Batman enough to justify he was emotionless.
>>
>>68707662
>muh symbolism
Its not even smart. If you want a surprisingly smart movie, 9 is smarter and the symbolism is so much fucking better.
>>
>>68708294
Lex was obviously intimidated by Big Guys.
>>
File: LouisTherouxAutisticOutburst.png (167 KB, 530x564) Image search: [Google]
LouisTherouxAutisticOutburst.png
167 KB, 530x564
>>68707662
Guys, I've been on a hiatus from 4chan for several months. Can someone please tell me what this BvS shit is? Please tell me this is a meme.
>>
>>68708372
That movie is about me.
>>
>>68708309
Everyone gets that.
>was it rushed, sure.
That's the problem. It's all rushed. We're told we should care, but the film is too rushed to build real connections to these versions.
You deal with it.
Also this, >>68708337 kek
>>
>>68708381
It's a meme. It's like Pestposting, you ironically call a terrible movie good, this brings in the (You)'s
>>
>>68708392
How so?
>>
>>68708438
Jesus the movie moves along so quickly it feels like a pointless movie to show.

I think cinemas charge for long runtimes. We just have to wait for the DVD, and then for a year after the DVD to see the real movie.

maybssss..
>>
>>68708559
He's 9
>>
>>68708569
>Waiting a year after release of DVD for extended cut.
Doubtful in this case.
>>
>>68708581
>rimshot
>>
>>68707920
Fucking agree
>>
>>68708559
It's more about brainwashing then gods. Reality is democratic. He's a smart guy. The depression is more from electroshock does that. But the memories remain. It's a long story, that I don't know if it's true. One day we'll talk about it. Maybe. Or maybe I am crazy. It's always a possibility.

Lemme say the same reason why NIN lyrics seem so crazy ties into it. There's a reason why Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool and Deadpool mentions 4chan. I remember finding 2ch and thinking it would be awesome to have that in english. You ever wonder who the anonymous person that was talking with Moot and Snacks in the early post on /b/? IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!
>>
>>68707662

The plot was a vehicle for the visuals. The innocence and brilliance of youthful perception. A love letter to our world and what is in it.
>>
File: 1377225358714.jpg (80 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1377225358714.jpg
80 KB, 456x386
>>68708309
>>68708309
Holy fuck, I'm so tired of people explaining this thinking it's a valid justification. We fucking get it anon, it wasn't subtle. I mean Christ, the film even had a fucking flash back to Bruce's parents death with a highlight on his farther shouting Martha, literally paralleled a shot of Clark yelling it, just so the audience could clue in on the fact that Bruce was doing to someone else what was done to him. And just incase that little recap wasn't enough, they even have Lois run up and straight up explain the connection, on the off chance that playing the damn alley scene twice wasn't enough for you.
No one missed this, alright? We get it, we get what the movie was doing.
Stop trying to paint this as some misunderstood little art house film. It was about as nuanced and understated as a fucking Transformers sequel.
>>
>>68708900
Honestly, I thought Megatron's arc through 1-3 was pretty Shakesperian.
>>
File: blackmeme.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
blackmeme.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>68708753
>>
>>68707662
>Autism speaks.
>>
>>68708955
Yeah, the series did best when it focused on the Robots themselves.

The 4th is by and away the best.

Looking forward to Optimus killing his God.
>>
>>68708955

Hmm but what's about the face ripping, is it a metaphor? Hell when you think about the Transformers being robots in disguise could be an allusion to twelfth night..
>>
>>68708171
> I've tried to get responses on these thoughts but never have yet.
You got responses in the other thread. You just ignored them because no one agreed with you on it being political.

You're just choosing to make a connection to 9/11 because a building fell over. There's nothing actually hinting at as a political message.

By comparison, the themes of power, comparisons the mythical tales and beings is actually rooted in specific dialogue, imagery and actions.
>>
>>68710734
I posted that before I got responses.

I've been active in that thread.

I didn't even make the 9/11 connection and I actually don't see it.
>>
>>68710532
It would have helped if from 2 onwards the deceptacons weren't a faceless hoard, and the designs of all the bots were more recognizable.
>>
>>68710537
What about the giant wrecking ball testicles? Was that a reference to Freud.
>>
>>68710949
Sometimes a wrecking ball ixs just a wrecking ball. Agent Simmons interpolates human scrotum onto decepticon norms.
>>
>>68710821
Oh I thought the reply to your post here was you continuing on, sorry.
>>
>>68711120
No worries.
>>
>>68707662
As a high IQ individual I definitely understand why this film is shit.
>>
>>68711490
Yeah, I like Nordic symbology more than Christian ones. Christian mythos are muddled at best, new and old conflict. Thor and Loki is a tale as old as time. I really would have rathered to see something like that but Marvel has a pretty good grip on that.

I always saw Joker as a Loki character... Batman was always a Devil character, Superman is just god. Most of the time they show that it's him flying above people apathetically.

It's just such a bad character, who's never had luck in movies. Superman is really not enough alien and not enough human. He's just a REALLY REALLY REALLY strong Brand.
>>
>>68712464
Please tell me this is satire.
>>
>>68712575
I'm looking down as I type this, and whispering "No" as I post.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.