[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could Kramer afford food and rent in NYC when he never had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: hoochie mama.jpg (179 KB, 924x876) Image search: [Google]
hoochie mama.jpg
179 KB, 924x876
How could Kramer afford food and rent in NYC when he never had a job???
>>
he was holding
>>
His schemes.

The real Kramer supported himself through patents on wacky novelty inventions that sorta kinda sold sometimes.
>>
He was a drug dealer that's what's so insane about all this
>>
Gambling addiction.
>>
Rent control and mooching food off of neighbors.
>>
>>68695723

This. The real Kenny Kramer was a pot dealer and neighbor to Larry David, and many comedians and comedy writers used him as their connect.

That's why despite Senfeld and Newman not getting along, Kramer consider Newman his best friend. He was on the take, keeping Kramer's incoming packages from getting screened.
>>
>>68695675
It was before 9/11. You could get away with anything
>>
>>68695675
Wasn't he on strike and getting strike pay?
>>
>>68695839
>Kenny Kramer
shieeet, it's fucking true
>>
about to blow your mind brahs. prepare yourselves.

Kramer is Bob Sacamano
>>
>>68695839
mind=blown
>>
>>68695675
he blew newman for rent money
>>
>>68695839
Larry david smokes weed?
>>
>>68695675
>rent control
>mooching off Jerry
>schemes

See: the race track episode where he cleans up at the end. His lawsuit against the tobacco company, etc
>>
OH I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW
>>
>>68695984
What exactly does that mean? Are you saying this just because Bob is never seen?
>>
Kramer would always "fall ass-backward into money."
>>
>>68696092
WHO TOLD YOU TO PUT THE BALM ON?
>>
>>68696182
just a personal theory I have and kind of like
its probably contradicted in the show though somewhere
>>
>Tommy
>>
>>68696068
> a writer from Fridays is a total pothead?

I know, it's astonishing
>>
Not having a job doesn't mean you don't have money. Kramer was clearly a hustler.
>>
he was a pickpocket
>>
File: larry and hurley.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
larry and hurley.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>68696068

David used to occasionally partake, mostly socially, and doesn't have a problem with it, but has never been a regular smoker. Often, since Larry was the intermediary, Kenny would just come into his house unannounced and do the deals there.

There's an episode of Curb where Larry gets some weed for his dad (the one with Jorge Garcia. He got the Hurley role on Lost because that episode aired the night before on HBO and the producers loved it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pHThkpyGE
>>
He AirBnB'd out his apartment when he wasn't using it
>>
i read somewhere that he got an inheritance from his father who died. is that said in the show somewhere or was that just a fan theory?
>>
>>68697317
jerry got ipad
>>
>>68697432
No, its true. They literally say in an episode he fell ass-backwards into money.

>plebs here not watching the show
>>
>>68696092
>His lawsuit against the tobacco company
All he got out of that was his face on a billboard.
>>
Kramer leeched a lot of what he wanted.

You have to remember, he had the karvorka. The lure of the animal.

George said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOGhxLmcQ7Q
>>
He had irregular odd jobs. He also wrote a book. He also mooched off jerry most of the time so he didn't really buy food.
>>
>>68695839
Makes sense 2me m8
>>
>>68697715
> not watching overacting unfunny Jews: the show

if I needed that I'd hang around my family
>>
>>68697432
do you have a vid of this?
>>
>>68695675
One time, I met a guy in the middle of the Arizona desert. He was a New Yorker who, as a hobby, biked from one side of the country to the other. Bicycle, not motorcycle.

I asked him about himself because gosh that's wacky.

He didn't pay rent. His landlord needed to fix something. A socket or a pipe or something like that, and refused. He said he wouldn't pay rent until he did. The cyclist's lawyer looked at the paperwork and said "don't pay a fucking cent." And, if I believed his story (and we weren't in the kind of time or place for a fanciful lie), he hadn't paid rent in years. The landlord and he deadlocked on something stupid. Like, because he wouldn't fix whatever it was, the tenant could sue him. Apparently letting a yuppy weirdo live there for free was cheaper than the proposed legal bill, in a case he would certainly lose.

And this was REAL LIFE. Maybe Kramer had a similar deal? What if Kramer WAS the landlord? Or, they're called Supers in apartments, right?
>>
>>68695675
I always assumed some kind of inheritance. He is the type to be randomly so nice and friendly to a person they leave him a large sum in their will
>>
>>68698751

Your post read like a pasta until it didn't. Anyways, Kramer wasn't the super.
>>
>>68698921
>Your post read like a pasta until it didn't
More than one paragraph, right?

Also, okay, so Kramer wasn't the super. Now I know.
>>
>>68698751
Nice theory, but Kramer was in danger of getting evicted in The Reverse Peephole.
>>
>>68698751
The supers are a couple of guys that appear in some of the early seasons.

Educate yourself before you blather on inanely.
>>
>>68696471
When Jerry is sleeping in Kramer's apt (Kenny Rodger's Chicken episode) he (Jerry) cant sleep and is up all night talking to Bob Sacamano, who sells fur hats down at battery park
>>
>>68695839
DEEPEST LORE
>>
Was Kramer a racist? Or was he insane?
>>
>>68699422
What if Kramer called Jerry as Bob Sacamano?
>>
The fan theory is that at some point prior to the show Kramer actually invented something useful and made quite a bit of money off of it, and that is why people always take his wacky ideas seriously.
>>
>>68695675
drug dealer.
>>
File: Richie.png (170 KB, 641x433) Image search: [Google]
Richie.png
170 KB, 641x433
>>68695839
>tfw I never liked Newman
>tfw I now realize that Newman was a total bro, keeping his friend from getting busted, in exchange for a little piece of the action
>>
It was specifically mentioned he had inherited a nice amount of money from his grandma.
>>
>>68695675
He was on strike!
>>
>>68695675
That's the joke.
>>
>>68695751
NIGGER NIGGER
>>
>>68695675
wasn't he the heir of the inventor of the rubiks cube?
>>
>>68702750
>"total bro"
>committing federal offenses and betraying the trust put in him by the United States of America to support degeneracy and hispanic drug cartels
Newman should have been hanged for high treason.
>>
>>68696092
They literally describe him in one episode "His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down two thousand dollars to live like him for a week. Do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors, and have sex without dating."

He is mentioned as having come into a large amount of money when he was younger, he won 18 grand at the track one episode. He made a successful coffeetable book that got optioned for a movie, he was a Calvin Klein model.
>>
>>68704204
He was a good friend
>>
same for george
>>
>>68696259
that filename tho
>>
I've always wondered if the laughter from the studio audience is real... or if its a track.

Also that blooper reel of Jerry cracking up over Kramers catchers mitt face is genuinely hilarious
>>
nigger
>>
>>68706346
It's real. There was one commentary track I was listening to where a guy points out that you can hear his laugh slightly ahead of the rest of the audience because he knew what joke was coming.
>>
>>68695675
He had a lot of money from his various lawsuits with Jackie Chiles... only the ones where he failed were shown in episodes though because those ones were funny
>>
>>68696259
how the fuck are you supposed to use this sit on the floor like a damn chinamen?
>>
>>68698751
>believing someone you met at burning man
>>
>>68706346
it's real. it's pretty well known that larry david hated how the audience would cheer when kramer entered jerry's apartment because it caused awkward pauses.
>>
>>68707027
Is that in Arizona? I thought that was in Nevada. And, hey, if you want to know the deetz, it was a little diner called Coffee Ern's.
>>
same for jontron

>eh I don't feel like doing a video for a couple of months
>goes back to sleep
>rent just automatically gets paid somehow
>I should buy a new car
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.