[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else saw this and what did you think? I enjoyed it a lot,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: junglebooktriptych3[1].jpg (713 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
junglebooktriptych3[1].jpg
713 KB, 800x1185
Who else saw this and what did you think?

I enjoyed it a lot, and seeing it in 3D was terrific
>>
I really, really wish the songs weren't in it.

When Balloo sings in the river it was too much like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors, it was just repulsive and stupid to watch.
>>
>>68694394
that was fine to me honestly, because it wasnt really a musical scene, just him and mowgli bonding realistically.
louie singing was terrible though, it was really out place because its near the end of the movie and there were no musical scenes before it
>>
>>68694394
I think it could have done without the song by King Louie, but having Bear necessities in the movie was basically mandatory and I didn't mind it
>>
Those wolf pups were cute as fuck

Also, damn. Haven't seen such great CGI fur since life of Pi
>>
I would have liked it a lot more except for the fact that it's a "kids movie" and stupid children in the theater were doing wolf howls whenever wolves were on screen and talking through the whole damn thing and crying during "scary" scenes. Seriously, nobody can control their fucking kids nowadays. If my son was being a cunt during a movie, I'll take him out
>>
As a successor to the original Disney's JB, it's pretty damn good. Aside from dumb ending and Louie singing I did not find anything wrong with it.

That aside, I adore the book and old soviet cartoon which was much closer to source material. Fucking Kaa man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUvtFMKueLU
>>
>>68694344
at the part where Mowgli was looking at the men talking around the fire (before he stole the torch) I remember the 3D was fucking mesmerizing; watching all the embers float around in the air

>>68694394
the songs are iconic, they pretty much had to be in there.
>>
>>68694344
Maybe I should have seen this instead of staying home depressed all weekend.
>>
>>68695961
In the final scene when Mowgli is in the tree with the fires burning around him I was mesmerized by the embers floating around in 3D
>>
>>68695289
what was wrong with the ending? The alpha female part?
>>
>>68695062
watch it in gold class bro
>>
>>68694344
Most was great. Songs sucked. They even changed the damn lyrics. At least Phil Harris and Louie Prima could sing. It would have way better had they just done it straight and left out the songs.
>>
Would you stop with these nuanced reviews? It's giving me a headache.
>>
>>68695961
>the songs are iconic, they pretty much had to be in there.

No they didn't. And there was more iconic songs that they didn't include. If it only has two songs it seems like it can't make up its mind as to whether or not its a musical.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.