[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it's a "skyler is a bitch" episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
it's a "skyler is a bitch" episode
>>
>I fucked Ted
What did she mean by this?
>>
but even though i hate her, she was a good character...the show wouldn't be the same without her..but damn i'd pay so much to watch her get tortured....i feel so sorry for the actor, she probably gets hated on everyday
>>
>>68693430
So every episode
>>
>>68693430
>Wah she won't let me make drugs and murder people so I can feel like a big tough guy
It's time to stop posting, Walt.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>68693492
>>
>>68693592
every episode since she found out her husband was making drugs and selling them.
>>
>>68693430
I hate her stupid face. So punchable to date Tbh
>>
I can't believe that after so long since the show ended I still hate her so badly
>>
I've literally never seen BB past season 1 and though I enjoyed s1 it wasn't strong enough to keep my interest, and I know I could just torrent it but skylar and that hanks wife ruin it for me. Just the fact that time is taken out for these cunts is silly.
>>
>>68693430
So, all of them?
>>
>>68693724
if i didn't love bryan cranston as much as i do, i'd never get past season 1 either...
>>
File: aLPj9qg_700b.jpg (88 KB, 600x888) Image search: [Google]
aLPj9qg_700b.jpg
88 KB, 600x888
>>
>>68693724
Why does it seem for a lot of films/shows to be ruined by women appearing on them? Seriously.
>>
>>68693887
>the walking dead
>lori
>carol
>malcolm in the middle
>lois
>>
Skyler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>68693568
In a New York Times op-ed, Gunn explains how it's normal for the viewer to empathize with and root for Walt since he's the show's protagonist. Since her reactions go against Walt, she's easily seen as a foe even though she's acing in a rational manner.

Here's part of her response to the message board haters:

>"As an actress, I realize that viewers are entitled to have whatever feelings they want about the characters they watch. But as a human being, I’m concerned that so many people react to Skyler with such venom. Could it be that they can’t stand a woman who won’t suffer silently or “stand by her man”? That they despise her because she won’t back down or give up? Or because she is, in fact, Walter’s equal?"

In the end, Gunn decided it comes down to gender.

>"But I finally realized that most people’s hatred of Skyler had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own perception of women and wives. Because Skyler didn’t conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female, she had become a kind of Rorschach test for society, a measure of our attitudes toward gender."
>>
>>68694085
Or maybe
She was written to be bitchy
>>
>>68694080
This.

>>68694085
>In a New York Times op-ed, Gunn explains how it's normal for the viewer to empathize with and root for Walt since he's the show's protagonist. Since her reactions go against Walt, she's easily seen as a foe even though she's acing in a rational manner.
This also.
>>
>>68694165
I kinda get what's she's talking about...and she may be right. still hate her tho
>>
>>68694085

What the fuck is she even saying? The black part is 100% accurate. Then she goes on to bullshit about gender.

Lemme guess, people hate Chuck because he's a white male?

People who oppose the protagonist are not liked. News at fucking 11.
>>
I don't even find her remotely attractive
>>
i hate her so bad
>>
this bitch though
>>
>>68694446
>They would have hated me NO MATTER WHAT I DID
The crux of her argument is boilerplate liberal "everything sucks so why aspire to anything" morality. She gives herself a false choice, a world where Skyler WASN'T a bitch, but was hated anyway, and the show we got. Since she IMAGINES that Skylar being a better wife wouldn't have yielded any positive results, "it doesn't matter" that she was an insufferable bitch, because in her fantasy false dichotomy, people hate Skyler no matter what. The right choice is not about finding the thing that is right in and of itself. It's about stopping at whichever ethical contrivance absolves you of responsibility. You can cheat on your husband for any perceived slight, because relationships should be fought like the cold war.
>>
>>68694085
She's right. For men, there is nothing more frustrating than a wife who undermines or goes against her husband.
>>
>>68695093
i watched the show with my gf, and she hates her too, so idk..
>>
>>68695501
Well women can hate it too. But for men especially.

Wives are supposed to respect and support their husbands, and Skyler chooses not to because he's a psychopath and a criminal. Because he's the protagonist we see things through his lens and generally are behind him, so naturally she seems like the enemy. Were Skyler the protagonist, we would probably hate Walt and agree with her not supporting his actions.
>>
>>68695596
yeah i guess youre right.. i wish we could see the show from gus' pov and his story on how he got into it all
>>
>>68694085
She was a cunt from the very first episode, even before Walt even thought about doing meth.
>>
>>68695596
Except Skyler didn't respect or support his husband when he was still a pudgy chemistry teacher doing his best to hold the family together through honest work.
>>
>>68695846
Well yeah, who would hold any respect for some loser highschool chemistry teacher who also works part time at a car wash to support his retarded son?
>>
>>68695755
THIS. She gave him fucking VEGGIE bacon for his birthday. Fucking cunt.
>>
>>68695724
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Look At Me

I want my commission, Vince.
>>
>>68695945
oh god.

you're right....

you're right....
>>
>>68695945
hahaha
>>
>>68695891
I'd hold respect for a man doing his best to provide for his family, even if he got dealt a bad hand and shafted by one bad decision.
>>
>>68693430
>it's a "skyler is a bitch" episode
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>68695945
Or that handjob scene. She can't even be assed to attempt to look interested.

If anything she's staying with him for the money at this point. Because she isn't working and is home all day doing jack shit but selling her husband's stuff on ebay.
>>
>>68694160
She was written to be sympathetic but comes off bitchy.

Compare to Carmela Soprano, who certainly wasn't likable but at least a well-written character.
>>
File: doeshethingyourethatnaive.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
doeshethingyourethatnaive.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>68696057
>>
>>68696087
This just proves the actress is a real life bitch, with no desire to empathize. Just a drain on society.
>>
File: reee.gif (2 MB, 514x205) Image search: [Google]
reee.gif
2 MB, 514x205
>>68694085
>didn’t conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female

Yeah they haven't done that for about 50 years. It's literally as irrelevant as some faggot coming out of the closet, it's not "brave" it's not "attacking the social norm" because it's been publicly accepted for the best part of 35 years so how can it be? Slacktivism for feel good points at is absolute most classic, I fucking hate these degenerate "intellectuals" so fucking much.
>>
>>68696093
Is she even supposed to be sympathetic?

She lies, she cheats on her husband (no that's not a double standard being imposed on women for not 'standing with their man', adultery on tv and in movies is shorthand for 'this is a bad person'), she has no regard for him or the work he does, she doesn't have a real job of her own...

She's just an empty, bitter husk of a woman who takes it out on the main character, of course she's a hated character. Literally the only positive quality she has is, "disagrees with murdering people to further a drug empire."
>>
>>68694728
Post more of this delicious cougar
>>
File: 1452738644694.jpg (25 KB, 589x330) Image search: [Google]
1452738644694.jpg
25 KB, 589x330
>>68693430
She gives me a boner everytime shes on scene. Am i alone here?
>>
>it's a walt jr is an ungrateful retard episode

I would be so happy to get a cool car and all that drug money
>>
>>68693430
i want her to cuck me and force feed me her long elegant toes
>>
File: 41.jpg (243 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
243 KB, 1280x718
>>68696564
>>
>>68696637
But he was, until you-know-who returned the car.
>>
>ebay
>handjobs

I literally can't remember any of this

I guess I'll just rewatch this series since I forgot it already
>>
>>68696884
Very first episode for the handjob scene.
>>
>>68697305
>>68696884
The blowjob scene was censored from the TV version or something. Apparently too lewd.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.