[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Recommend some true hidden gems, and I don't mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 560x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 560x647
ITT: Recommend some true hidden gems,

and I don't mean underrated or cult classic movies, I mean movies that you're confident only you have seen or heard of and that you think deserve to be classics. Any genre is welcome. Give a short description of what the movie is if you want.

I'll start: "The story of Ricky" a Chinese movie about a man blessed with super human strength who's sent to a corrupt prison after dishing out revenge vigilante justice. Watch dubbed for full enjoyment, starts off as a so bad it's good movie, then gets legitimately great later on, fantastic practical gore effects.
>>
File: 220px-Station-agent-poster.jpg (18 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
220px-Station-agent-poster.jpg
18 KB, 220x326
The Station Agent.
Bout a man with dwarfism ( Peter Dinklage ) who mives to an abandoned train station in a small town and befriends some of the locals
>>
>>68681201

Story of Ricky is pretty famous as a cult film, still entertaining though.

If you're looking for something similar you should check out Adam Chaplin.
>>
>>68681201
Story of Ricky is a well known cult film though...
>>
File: bedevilled.14681.jpg (486 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
bedevilled.14681.jpg
486 KB, 1000x1500
>>68681201

riki-oh is not a hidden gem though

>girl on an island with an abusive family
>gets raped and beaten by her husband
>the mother and the family of the abusive husband encourage the abused girl not to speak out against her husband and stand by while abused girl's husband does terrible things to her
>abused girl goes crazy while picking potatoes and decides to kill the entire family
>>
>>68681485
I've seen Adam Chaplin, I really enjoyed it, one guy wrote, directed and starred in a movie, pretty impressive.
>>
>>68681522
>>68681485
I never knew Ricky was a cult film, whoops.
I found it after looking up obscure Kung fu movies.
It's hardly a cult "classic" though.
>>
>>68681351
I'll check it out.
>>
>>68681746
I believe it's on netflix
>>
Pontypool - A great take on the contagion genre, don't want to reveal too much.
>>
The Dirties. One of the most conceptually weird, pitch black comedies I've ever seen.
>>
The Courier of Death

Little fat guy gets revenge on the people that killed his wife.
>>
>>68681201
YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW
>>
>>68681660
It was popular enough to be featured nightly on The Daily Show in the intro to 5 Questions for years. This was back when Kilborne was hosting in case you're a little too young to remember.
>>
>>68681583
Thanks for spoiling the entire thing, faggot.
>>
File: StM.jpg (49 KB, 400x610) Image search: [Google]
StM.jpg
49 KB, 400x610
I'm sure people have heard of this but not enough.
>>
File: small_mrgo05.jpg (177 KB, 765x432) Image search: [Google]
small_mrgo05.jpg
177 KB, 765x432
Mr. Go (2013)
>>
File: Silent Tongue.jpg (15 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
Silent Tongue.jpg
15 KB, 182x268
>>68681201
Silent Tongue, starring River Pheonix, and directed by Sam Shepard. Not exactly low profile when it came out, but I never see it anywhere, and nobody knows what I'm talking about when I mention it. Great western ghost story. Can't find any good copies online, or for sale either.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 220x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 220x318
>>68682181
10/10 movie, I got super depressed after watching it. It's one of those movies that's disturbingly a little "too real" I had a couple friends who were so much like the two main characters, it was almost like the movie was about them.
I'm so happy someone on this board has seen that movie.
>>
File: deadbeat-dawn.jpg (37 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
deadbeat-dawn.jpg
37 KB, 400x592
>>
>>68682644
Why does Kevin fucking Smith's name have to be on that poster, he had nothing to do with it besides promoting it, it would be a massive turn off if I hadn't already seen it.
>>
>>68682709
This looks good.
>>
File: I bought a vampire motorcycle.jpg (21 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
I bought a vampire motorcycle.jpg
21 KB, 182x268
OP, you might enjoy this. The gore is good, and the dialogue is hilarious. Only problem is many scense are too dark. Worth it, though.
>>
for other Chinese CAT III movies you should check out The Untold Story, Ebola Syndrome, Red to Kill, and Dr. Lamb

>that you're confident only you have seen or heard of

it has 9k imdb votes and a bluray release, do you seriously think that applies even when using hyperbole?
>>
File: lunatics a love story.jpg (25 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
lunatics a love story.jpg
25 KB, 182x268
Lunatics: A Love Story
>>
Hard Rock Zombies.
Lead singer of a band wants to fuck a 13 year old but gets killed by a werewolf along with the rest of the band who are later brought back as zombies to stop Hitler and save the girl from being fucked to death by other zombies. Their music sucks though.
>>
>>68682911
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

>>68682987
I'll check out red to kill and Dr. Lamb, I've seen the untold story and Ebola syndrome, those movies were fucked. Any other category 3's?
>>
>>68682353
Kilborne must have been a fan. He never changed the clip during his move and asked some celeb if he knew where it came from once during 5 questions
>>
>>68683414
Thanks Google
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.