[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to write a new sitcom by next Monday. I have one already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: vqitfw9ti5hrh59.jpg (11 KB, 200x258) Image search: [Google]
vqitfw9ti5hrh59.jpg
11 KB, 200x258
I need to write a new sitcom by next Monday.

I have one already co-written that I was going to submit to some writing contests and openings but my writing partner is an unreliable alcoholic and I have to cut ties with him. Seriously.

So /tv/, what's a sitcom that big networks would respond to in the >CURRENT YEAR?
>>
A sitcom where Bill Evans is transported to ancient rome and has learn the strange culture while providing jazz lessons to the citizens.
>>
>>68678093
Kudos to you for knowing who based Evans is.
>>
A transgendered black cripple owns a gay bar
>>
a retired cop runs a bicycle repair shop on mars
>>
Two Drug addicts wanna make a Burglary but accidently steal a baby. They try to get rid of it through several ways, but nothing works. Finally they get their shit together and sell drugs to afford a flat. Thats the background story, main story is about the now big family drug business, led by the now 16 year old daughter (who is also friggin hot).
>>
Zombie apocalypse sitcom/parody
>>
A group of slightly mis-matched yet close friends who meet up regularly in a coffe shop or bar to talk about their sex lives and go on hilarious random adventures.
>>
>>68678204
>transgender
>not nonbinary

that post triggered me m8
>>
>>68677963
Republican version of TWW.
>>
>>68678204
>>68678340
One concept I had was a bunch of jobless/job-seeking millennials do oddjobs to survive in the city while dealing with their own (kooky) side stories. They congregate at the bar one of them manages.

>>68678364
>>68678221
Can't write those

>>68678301
Go on..
>>
>>68677963
you just wrote one in your OP
>>
>>68678426
Not really a sitcom, and nothing happens. Unfortunately he's just a loser (in the real definition).
>>
>>68678410
>concept
I was just shitposting, but if you are a decent writer it might be ok.

>>68678457
The alcho writer could be one of the jobless characters, and having him hanging out in a bar could lead to at least one joke.
>>
A smart and hardworking well-adjusted man becomes roommates with a crazy drug dealer, and their lives intertangle
>>
>>68677963
A sitcom about two transbians and a guy who moves into their apartment thinking they're two hot cis chicks.

He falls in love with the negro girl next door, who over the season realises that she's actually a trans man. This cause a lot of problems until the guy realises he's actually a trans woman.

Then one of the transbians realises they want to be cis again. Then there is a love triangle between the black tranny man and the guy tranny woman and the remaining transbian

The black tranny man and the tranny woman have a baby who realise that xe is a tranny at 6 months old.

Once everyone has fell in love with the characters and your well into season 10, kill them all off one by one.
>>
>>68678573

>>68678535
I'm a good writer, my profs at nyu loved my work and said they'd help me sell and pitch but I literally never write. I feel immensely guilty about it and can only share this awful feel anonymously.

>>68678573
I like this.

>>68678579
You caught on the CURRENT YEAR reference at least. A bit on the nose though.
>>
>>68678579
8.5/10 would watch
>>
>>68678702
>I like this.

Then write it pham
>>
It will have to be something with capeshit. What about a sitcom about a bunch of superheroes with useless powers in a cringe comedy scenario. Similar to The Office.
>>
>>68678702
>my profs at nyu loved my work and said they'd help me sell and pitch but I literally never write
>I don't take advantage of my connections because I'm a lazy faggot

You should probably kill yourself then faggot
>>
>>68678702
>A bit on the nose though.
Ok how about a neo-nazi, a muslim extremist and a feminist, who are each in charge of their own society at university, and clash over politics. They all gradually begin to realise that they're fucking idiots
>>
A sitcom about nothing. Starring 4 friends living in new york
>>
>>68679141

It would never work.
>>
>>68679053
In my defense I'm doing an mba right now...

But yeah, suicide is on the table

>>68679131
Actually like it
>>
>>68679141
that would never work. are goyim really this dumb?
>>
File: 1396223508228.jpg (827 KB, 1265x2609) Image search: [Google]
1396223508228.jpg
827 KB, 1265x2609
>>
File: 1396223605699.jpg (576 KB, 1263x2132) Image search: [Google]
1396223605699.jpg
576 KB, 1263x2132
>>68679263
I think a drug-addled sitcom would be a great thing. Something like a reaking Bad spin-off, amirite?
>>
File: 1396251025427.jpg (973 KB, 1263x3442) Image search: [Google]
1396251025427.jpg
973 KB, 1263x3442
>>68679381
>>
>>68678924

This is good. They all sit around in HQ. Plenty of opportunity for sexy costumes and guest capes that can mock the current capeshit.
>>
>>68678924

I'd watch this.
>>
Can you guarantee Mark Paul Gosselaar to star? If you can I've got an idea.
>>
>>68679548
>>68679494
Not bad at all. I'm not sure I can workshop and come up with creative but useless superpowers within a week though.
>>
The gov't got caught sampling the population's phone conversations, we know that.
What we don't know is, they formed a George Orwell "Big Brother" policing organization that secretly slips in and takes people back to their headquarters for interrogation and "re-education". The people taken are everyday people who are deemed subversive by the text, photos, videos and social media posts that they sent/created.
In this re-education camp, seriously strange things go on, and it is all anyone who has been captured can do to stay sane and cooperative so they may be released.
Meanwhile their friends and family are given outlandish excuses as to where they went to--a free all expense paid trip to Europe, an internship with a big corporation far away, volunteering overseas for UNICEF, etc.
The ones who make it back become paranoid in their behavior, which of course is noticed by their acquaintences. It's "Big Brother" in the modern age of texting and Social Media. Oh, and "the Big Z" is often mentioned, who could be Zuckerberg? You get the idea. Run with it.
>>
>>68680230
that's not a sitcom
>>
A r9k neet living in his mom's basement is forced to get a job/grow up after she dies

His neighbors would help him. Chad, girl next door, kooky old guy

Episodes plots could be about part time work, trying to grow up, and navigate modern life

Central tension would be him wanting to go back to his old lifestyle vs growing up
>>
>>68680683
I don't think /tv/ would watch a show that's basically a mirror of their lives
>>
>>68678301
This. Watch Shaun of the Dead and basically do that but drag it out more. People would eat that shit up.

Have it be about a fuck up called Fred and his ragtag band of fuck up friends who use their lifelong skills gained from being fuck ups (ability to scavenge, sleep anywhere, stay awake for days at a time, one of them can hotwire cars, one /k/ommando type guy knows how to create guns from stationary, one used to do pirate radio no-one listened to so can broadcast/search for aid) to survive, but their laziness and stupidity constantly gets them into trouble. The first season revolves around them bumping into a group of serious and organised survivors and getting them all killed through incompetence. Call it the Walking Fred.

I expect a special thanks in the credits.
>>
>>68680683
I thought of that before. I want to see him living homeless and forced to actually survive.

Not exactly a sitcom though
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.