[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY IS THIS MOVIE SO FUCKING GOOD HOLY SHIT.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: halloween.jpg (47 KB, 580x902) Image search: [Google]
halloween.jpg
47 KB, 580x902
WHY IS THIS MOVIE SO FUCKING GOOD HOLY SHIT.
>>
It's a big movie
>>
>>68677318

Overrated but enjoyable. Michael doesn't even kill many people in the movie despite his infamy as a movie monster.
>>
>>68677461
> overrated

die fag
>>
>>68677318
I saw it for the first time 3 days ago. 8/10 but I'm not a horror guy
>>
>>68677318

Zombie's remake is much better

seriously, I'm not even baiting
>>
>>68677318
It could really happen
>>
>>68677619
but that's just not true

it's just red neck trash and ebic violent screen shaking
>>
>>68677619
Rob Zombie - not even once
>>
Great camera work
Fun score
Very little replay value though

7.5/10
>>
File: hal211.jpg (61 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
hal211.jpg
61 KB, 720x405
>>68677619
>hobo michael
>>
>>68677318
Funny thing is I've watched everyone of Carpenter's movies except this.

I loved In The Mouth of Madness, for the record
>>
>>68678104
If you didn't actually watch this, I highly recommend it it. It may not be your typical horror movie but the suspense an use of dark lighting is done very well.
>>
It's a super low budget movie made really well with a young ambitious John Carpenter behind the camera
>>
>>68677318
How does someone watch this movie and think this? It's one of the most annoying, poorly acted films I've ever seen
>>
will he come back?
>>
>>68678589
>The way Michael walk not like a normal person but like a machine to show you he is not human
> Loomis' obsession with stopping Michael
> Jamie's panic when no neighbors agree to help her as she is being chased.

Nah man.
>>
>>68677461
>bodycount=quality

you must've been really disappointed with the texas chainsaw massacre
>>
>>68677619
aw you don't have to defend yourself, some people just have no taste
>>
>>68680489
fucker loves San Andreas, though
>>
>>68677619
>>
>>68677318
>The one scene where the girls are walking along and chatting

Abysmal acting, so frustrating to sit through it.
>>
>>68677318
It's great because no other slasher film makes you care about the victims the way Halloween does. Most of the movie is a slice-of-life about these normal and likable teenage girls and by the time the killing starts you're completely invested in their fates. Also the music, photography and pacing are perfect
>>
>>68681262
The acting is fine
>>
Saw a screening of it on Halloween a year or 2 ago. The audience laughed through most of it, it hasn't aged well at all.
>>
File: MPW-39127.jpg (76 KB, 500x758) Image search: [Google]
MPW-39127.jpg
76 KB, 500x758
>>68677318
You guys should check this out if you love Halloween

>fun fact: this movie precedes Halloween and directly influenced Carpenter
>>
>>68678906
Until the end of days
>>
>>68677461
It was the atmosphere.
>>
>>68681942
> another faggot who believes in the "movies age" meme

It's called context you disgusting pleb
>>
>>68682056
Saw it, was thoroughly underwhelmed. Besides, if you really want to back to films that made such movies possible, check out The Girl Who Knew Too Much and Blood and Black Lace
>>
1980 evil dead was better
>>
I used to be terrified of the idea that this could indeed happen one day so I freaked out one day when KB Toys had horror movie models by McFarlane at the entrance and saw the Micheal Myers model. Literally shot out the door and got tackled by a security guard thinking I had stolen something. Pleaded my case and walked away scot-free since I had no merchandise on me.
>>
>>68682244

If it needs context it's because it shows its age
>>
>>68683068
No faggot, movies don't age. It's the same goddamn film. People age, and lose the ability to understand a certain place and time because they weren't there or lose sight of it.

If you really love movies, you watch them in context and with respect for culture in which they were made. Anything else makes you a base pleb who is no better than retarded faggots who complain about a film being black and white

>wahhh it's not like what I'm used to
Kill yourself
>>
>>68677318
I still never actually have seen this movie
>>
>>68678906
I kind of hope not since H20 and all the shitty sequels after that.
>>
>>68678906
He was then..

>Halloween Returns would have followed the events of 1981’s Halloween II and paved a new continuity from there, ignoring all subsequent sequels and remakes. It would follow the first sequel’s Deputy Gary Hunt (originally played by Hunter von Leer), who accompanied Dr. Loomis to the school and is now acting sheriff of Haddonfield, Illinois. Dunstan’s approach was said to be more subtle than previous remakes by Rob Zombie, and was looking to shoot on film before he hit a roadblock with Dimension
>>
>>68678906
He doesn't need to.

All movies except the first, second, and forth do not exist.
>>
I've always been hesitant to check this one out because, it's the Carpenter film that normies love. The same normies that didn't give The Thing, Big Trouble, and They Live the successes they deserved.
>>
>>68687200
Just because normies like it doesn't mean you can't like it.

It's actually one of my cinema top 10 masterpieces
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.