[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: Eyes_Wide_Shut.jpg (173 KB, 809x1200) Image search: [Google]
Eyes_Wide_Shut.jpg
173 KB, 809x1200
explain
>>
if you didn't watch the film with your eyes shut, you missed the entire fucking point
>>
Imagine the shit "they" cut out.
>>
>>68671245
kubrick died shortly after showing the completed movie to producers of a """""heart attack""""".

how much of it has been cut/edited/changed we will never know.
>>
it's about marriage
>>
MKUltra
>>
File: Rated-R.jpg (551 KB, 2722x958) Image search: [Google]
Rated-R.jpg
551 KB, 2722x958
>>68671245
>explain

you missed the opening credits
>>
Kubrick's fellow Jewish elders wanted him to make a pro-cuck propaganda film.

Kubrick, however being big on family believe it or not, decided this was the last straw and made the cuckold film as requested but also did what he could do expose his fellow Hollywood elites.
>>
>>68671407
I have a feeling that there is a subtext to the it that has nothing to do with women or marriage at all

>>68671400
The movie felt complete tho
>>
It's about temptation and how you want to know more about this cult just like you want to fuck other people when you're married.
>>
>>68671653
There is always a strong socio-political message with all his other movies, what's bothering me is that i can't put my finger on what exactly is the message in this film.
>>
>>68671407
>literally filmed at rothschild mansion
>freemason symbolism all over
>seemingly disconnected subplot about prostitute child (daughter of costume shop owner) only makes sense when seen in context of the party (he would obviously not have been allowed to show a pedo orgy)
>kubrick made several remarks throughout his career how you should "stay away from powerful people" and how they scared him
>other films, especially the shining, are also full of masonic symbolism
>it's about marriage

ayy
>>
>>68671245
Every director has a turd or two
>>
The Illuminati contorls everything, so Kubrick coudn't come out and expose them in the natural way. He instead decided to expose them through the art of kino.
>>
>>68671713
Like all of his films he's using that classic, "things aren't as they appear to be on the surface", and sure, on paper people are married by a holy union of some sort and with the state's approval and blessing but why then do marriages breakdown along with the family unit? It's obvious people go out and search for extramarital affairs, religious answers in the form of cults, drugs, money, power, ecstasy and so on and so forth. Pretty sure this has haunted Kubrick and all his films are about there do we get this impulses and urges?
>>
>>68671713
Well in the 90s, people were still fairly close-minded compared to today. A man still owned his wife. The idea that the woman was a lustful being scared men even today.
>>
>>68672079
>Well in the 90s, people were still fairly close-minded

you know how i know you're a jew?
>>
>>68672079
That's sounds like simplistic interpretation desu. It's all cues from the surface. I know its just my assumption but there has to be some deeper meaning to it, even if its still about marriage or feminism.

>>68672051
What do you think is the parallel between his crazy manipulative or brutally honest wife (depending on your perspective) and the orgy cult produce in terms of meaning, add to that 'minor' threads like the gay hotel receptionist and the russian selling his daughter. What's the ultimate meaning here.

As far as i'm concerned it seems like an endless cycle of self criticism with no solid impetus.
>>
>>68672464
>What do you think is the parallel between his crazy manipulative or brutally honest wife
Not even Kubrick knows this, that is why, like in all his films, he uses dream logic to answer unknowable questions. This is to say Tom's character is going down this bizarre almost initiation ritual series of events that all have this weird and eerie feeling about it all but just like in The Shining, the viewer is left disoriented (the layout of the hotel set is alway fucking with you) like all of this is a bizarre nightmare set in your ordinary world. This is something Stanely talked about doing if he ever would direct a Kafka adaptation. Where the ordinary life bleeds over into the metaphysical words without our knowledge or consent, leading us deep into another world made up of our doubts, insecurities, fears, paranoia, and everything else that scares both Jung and Freud.

That's on one level of interpretation because the other could be Kubrick getting back at the unseen forces ruling this world for taking his daughter away from him. She got swept away into joining Scientology. Then once you program that into your mind, you'll start to see a lot of Scientology connections besides Tom Cruise.
>>
>>68672464
>What's the ultimate meaning here

the man died few days after screening his finished movie, we'll never know.

i think his wife is simply meant to create what he percieved as an incredibly strong emotional wake-up call: "things are not what they seem", "everything you deemed safe/took for granted is questionable" etc.

notice how he symbolically combined the marriage plot and cruises' characters journey with the "end of the rainbow" (rainbows everywhere - cruise leaving everything he took for granted behind and searching for truth/insights). it's basically just a different form/symbol for "taking the red pill" (the matrix).

this might seem far-fetched, but i think the shop owner selling his owner is simply his way of putting the idea of underage sex slaves into the audiences mind, because he would have never gotten away with showing a direct scene.

hint: if you haven't been sleeping under a fucking rock: there were pedo scandals involving "the elites" in practically every western country, with connections to former presidents, their secret societies, their friends and colleagues - and no one seriously got hurt despite tons of connections.

if you truly want to know more, look into the occult symbolism in EWS. there is so much occult imagery going on that must be lost on almost all of kubricks audience, that it seems ridiculous to assume that it was meant to be about "marriage", "lost of trust" or similar worldly themes.

kubrick tried to convey a message, and he literally died just a few days after presenting his initial cut.
>>
File: 1454487510217.png (114 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
1454487510217.png
114 KB, 353x353
Any other interpretation is just idiotic.
>>
>>68671853
yes don't you get it?
>>
Man got bootyblasted after his stoned wife said she got hit on at a party he almost had a threesome at and told him about some hot guy she got wet over.

Then got even more bootyblasted when she had a nightmare about being gangbanged and decided to cheat on her but didnt because as it turns out people who dont give a shit about others are really fucked up weirdos you shouldnt aspire to be.
>>
>>68671713

It's about the mighty and their shit. Plenty of people have confirmed that ceremonies such as the one showed in the movie are real. People are raised to be sex slaves to the mighty ones. It's much darker in real life, as it involves pedoes, and that's shown in the movie too, with that blonde girl who changes personality from one scene to the next. Very creepy.
>>
Is Eyes Wide Shut considered Lovecraftian?
>>
>>68672079

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>68673749
it could be.... really...
>>
>>68673749

Never thought of it, but why not... The cult part, sure.
>>
fucking adore the atmosphere in this flick
>>
>>68673959

>orange for inside
>blue for outside
>all the time
>>
>>68671245
Never watched the movie but the book was about an unfaithful husband trying to get laid and having cuck fantasies.
>>
>>68671245
It's about how women are fucking awful when it comes to trust and marriage.

Based Cruise was too much of a great guy for all the bullshit in the movie.
>>
was it a dream. i didn't get it.
>>
It's about capitalism and social classes. They teach their daughter to be materialistic with Christmas shit, the Russian guy tries to sell his daughter, the parallel between Tom Cruise flashing his doctor card everywhere and the password, and him getting spotted right away because he didn't come in a limo.

And the main character is named Bill.
>>
>>68674141
no watch again 10x for literally 0% more understanding of the film but maybe 10000000x more understanding of our natureh
>>
>>68674087
doesn't mean anything.
stephen king's "the shining" was also completely different from his movie adaptation.
>>
>>68673719
thank you for that summary

>>68673749
>>68673911
photoshop some Cthulhu imagery in that scene and it would still blend in seamlessly
>>
File: Eyes Wide Shut Ending.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Eyes Wide Shut Ending.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Literally perfect.
>>
>>68674466

Nice. I half-remembered this.
>>
File: Nicole Kidman Axilla.webm (3 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nicole Kidman Axilla.webm
3 MB, 1080x1080
>>
>>68674740

>she takes a piss
>she takes a whiff
>EDGY

What's the point of this? Was it that innovative in 99?
>>
>>68674129
This. Kubrick was a misogynist, which was okay.
>>
>>68674929

Most people would cuck others given the chance.
>>
Kubrick said it's his best film and most people say it's his worst so, we're missing something lads. What is it though?
>>
>>68675188
that "most people" are too wrapped up in themselves to understand it
>>
>>68671245
I think he bought in to /pol/ memes about jewish elders of zion type stuff. maybe he wanted to tell us about the hollywood pedo ring or something.

Honestly the movie was a good watch but I have no idea what it meant.
>>
>>68675830
I mean, it's about two people who are getting bored with their lives and try to find new things that excite them? I don't know, enlighten me
>>
>>68675996
i don't think the movie has an enlightened interpretation, though maybe that should be enough
>>
>>68676050
Yeah it perfectly captured the essence of a bored couple but I don't know why he thought it was his best. We will never find out fampais
>>
>>68676050
i'm gonna riff. i think it's one of the most mundane movies i've ever seen. definitely kubrick's most mundane movie and yes i love barry lyndon. maybe that's why it's so good.
>>
>>68675188

It is his best film.

>88
>>
>>68675188

he was killed by the illuminati and they completely changed his film so that the true message would never get out

we'll never know what he was trying to say
>>
its about the fake moon landing kubrick made
>>
It's a tribute to the virtue of monogamy.
>>
>>68674740
>that girl double-clutching a tooth scrub like a cock
>>
>>68675188
"most people" are teenagers who can't relate to relationships or marriage. They like "epic" films.
>>
>>68671629
>The movie felt complete tho

Are you fucking kidding?
>>
File: 1461524601871.jpg (217 KB, 809x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461524601871.jpg
217 KB, 809x1200
>>68671245
>>
>>68673507
>hint: if you haven't been sleeping under a fucking rock: there were pedo scandals involving "the elites" in practically every western country, with connections to former presidents, their secret societies, their friends and colleagues - and no one seriously got hurt despite tons of connections.

you probably should have expanded on that a little bit. even though there's tons of info out there, a LOT of people have no idea about this shit.

look into the Franklin scandal and Marc Dutroux for starters.
>>
File: 1363505326359.jpg (72 KB, 276x287) Image search: [Google]
1363505326359.jpg
72 KB, 276x287
>>68680052
>look into the Franklin scandal and Marc Dutroux for starters.

Please get your conspiracy shit out of here and go to >>>/x/ or >>>/pol/, which ever autistic shithole serves you best.
>>
It is about a lot of things. Every reasonable interpretation is valid. The most obvious themes of the sketchy secret society of the elite and marriage and drugs and sex are all clear. The visual symbols and recurring color palettes of scenes and rainbows and such are all relevant. Kubrick dying and the official edit are both valid conspiracies and its a movie about conspiracy, like pottery.

Its the best Kubrick movie, its beautifully complex and intriguing on the surface. Great casting.
>>
>>68680124
Mason shill pls go
>>
>>68680124
>he doesn't know
>>
>>68671245

The movie is about fidelity.

On all levels of character. from the insanely rich, to the poor. To giving into it, and refraining. From legal to illegal (the young girl).

From a simple hooker on a corner, to a mansion orgy.

The film revolves around the struggle of fidelity between cruise distrusting himself, and his wife.

Think of all the temptation: two girls at the party, daughter of his patient, hooker, the young girl, the orgy. All of these temptations while struggling with what his wife shared with him about her fidelity.
>>
>>68680052
well, the problem is: you can only tell so much w/o losing people immediately.

if i talked to myself 10 years ago about fairly mundane conspiracies (9/11 etc.), my younger self would immediately disregard all these things as complete lunacy.

normies or generally uninformed people you have to ease into these things - try to get them to discover them for themselves or they won't listen.

>>68680124
>34 witnesses all mysteriously die
>get your conspiracy shit out of here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaf7q9RKjgo

what i'll never understand is:
what do you shills gain from this? do you honestly believe your owners will treat you better for covering their lies?

>good doggie
>>
>>68680330
>From a simple hooker on a corner, to a mansion orgy.

whoopsie, you spelled mason wrong
>>
>>68680598
The problem with your evidence is that you have no way of knowing whether the people providing it are telling the truth or not.

I read a little just now about Dutroux and it all seems to point toward how utterly incompetent the Belgium police is (especially when you factor in the abysmal way in which they acted before, during and after the recent terrorist attacks), rather than a government cover up.

It's a big jump, going from "the police and government investigators are inept" to "the elites are having huge pedo orgies."
>>
It's a movie about tits and dragons.
>>
>>68680954

>34 witnesses die, but the real reason is police incompetence.

That's not an explanation.
Look up money laundering, and pick up the pieces
>>
>>68679067
no
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.