[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actual Japanese reacting to the Ghost in the Shell live-acti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 00.jpg (50 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
50 KB, 600x316
Actual Japanese reacting to the Ghost in the Shell live-action casting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

Why is the US so obsessed with race politics?
>>
File: GITS wrekt.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GITS wrekt.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
>>68664398

lol
>>
>>68664398
>>68664477
Japs actually recognize their own movie industry and actors suck ass.
>>
>Why is the US so obsessed with race politics?

|
|>
|
|
|
>>
>>68664541
It's true, because I doubt many people are fan of Full Metal having Japanese actors. as they say, anime is better without japanese actors.

Last Airbender wasn't suppose to be Japanese but multi-cultural. What true fans want is an authentic adaptation.

Most Anime is suppose to be western people.... which is weird.
>>
>>68664541
How do they suck?

>>68664700
FMA has a Western setting with Western characters. Most manga/anime has a Japanese setting and Japanese characters.

There are live action movie and TV adaptations of manga made all the time in Japan with Japanese actors.
>>
File: notachrsitan.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
notachrsitan.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
I friggin love the way nips talk and think about things. It's a lot more free of bias it seems. I'd find it hard to see them screaming about "THEY'RE NOT CHRISTIAN!"
>>
>>68664823
Wooden acting and terrible idoling.

Imagine if every movie genre, including drama and historicals, was filled with pretty boys and young girls groomed for roles.

Now imagine the same stable of actors gets recycled into every movie, video game, top album, and television show.

Oh, and they can't act or sing and are terribly boring people and are just there to be friend simulators.
>>
>>68664398
a few japs having no problem with whitewashing doesn't make it a lesser deal. Hollywood is whitewashing everything it touches, no doubt about it.

not that I care, they shouldn't make a movie that already has a bunch of feature films anyways, but hey, that's the "creative hollywood force".kek
>>
>>68664896
>kike with plastic surgery gets cast
>whitewashing

neck yourself
>>
>>68664700
Most anime is supposed to be anime. That's their race: "anime". Unless explicitly stated "Japanese" anime characters are default characters that could be replaced with any light-skinned race.
>>
Of course they don't care, they spent literally nearly 150 years trying to become European.

That an actress of European descent can play a Japanese character is the ultimate realization of Japanese Westernization.
>>
File: ldeath.jpg (53 KB, 704x392) Image search: [Google]
ldeath.jpg
53 KB, 704x392
>>68664823
I bet there are japanese shows made in japan with japanese actors, but Full Metal Alchemist is German people that speak japanese.

Avatar is Indian and Inuit people.

But the same reason their pop songs use english in it, is the same reason why they like the look of western people. The same reason they have a mix of religious views in their culture too. They can have a manga about anywhere or one in the world and they'll speak japanese and act japanese, and it won't be exactly right.

Besides white washing is talking more about Westerns fear of negroes then getting a good actor for a movie. Besides I think Scarlett Johansson is the best choice, she looks right.
As for Death Note Light should be japanese as is part of the plot, since it centers around his town in japan, but it would make more sense is L was wordly. I don't mean they have to be from North America, but european and what not.

Canadian would be cool, but it usually comes down to schedules more then anything.
>>
Since the movie isn't going to be verbatim with a live action cast, I don't see the problem since it will be a western adaptation made by a western powerhouse.

Did the oldboy remake get lambasted for being a western remake? (disregarding it not being a good one )

What about edge of tomorrow? and that was actually good.

It's just a shit argument.
>>
>>68664944
Judaism is a religion, not a race.
>>
>>68664896
I know if you look at what Hollywood does, you'd think it's really hard to think of a new idea. It's like they go through bargain bins at wal-mart and ask if they should remake this movie.

"HEY I FOUND A MAD MAX MOVIE? SHOULD WE DO THIS?"

"OH HEY REMEMBER THE JUNGLE BOOK!"

"SNOW WHITE! CLASSIC!"
>>
>>68665071
ScarJo is an Ashkenazi Jew, which is a race
>>
>>68664991
Japanese like being a hodge podge. It's a mixture, of everything. There's no real pretensions.
>>
Because the lower IQ races (niggers and spics) need an excuse (other than being on average much stupider than whites) for being complete failures. So they blame whites, the race that abolished slavery and at the peak of slavery owned about 5% of all slaves in the US.

The sad thing and that destroys the notion of white supremacy is that whites actually buy into this shit and become self-hating cucks that then vote for Bernie Sanders and excuse nigger behaviour.
>>
File: 011.jpg (41 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
41 KB, 416x700
>>68664398
>ywn eat takoyaki today
>>
>>68664885
That has apparently become an issue with modern mainstream cinema, but you're still exaggerating. It's not like idols are even automatically bad actors.

>>68664991
The movie is not being produced in Japan.

>>68665011
I just said very clearly that FMA has a Western setting and Western characters.

>>68665054
Oldboy and Edge of Tomorrow were localized.
>>
File: wise jap.jpg (83 KB, 634x360) Image search: [Google]
wise jap.jpg
83 KB, 634x360
kek
>>
File: Lost-in-Translation.jpg (278 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lost-in-Translation.jpg
278 KB, 1280x720
>tfw no scarjo gf
>>
>>68664398
The Japs and their industry people have embraced the casting.

>"Looking at her career so far, I think Scarlett Johansson is well cast," Sam Yoshiba, director of the international business division at Kodansha's Tokyo headquarters, tells The Hollywood Reporter. "She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place."

>He added: "This is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world." Yoshiba recently returned from a visit to the New Zealand set of the movie, where he says he was impressed by the respect being shown for the source material.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/scarlett-johansson-ghost-shell-japanese-885462
>>
>>68665170
>whites, the race that abolished slavery
whites industrializes slavery and put it on a another level of evil that is was ever before.
Anglos are the most horrible thing that happened to this planet, and everybody who's smart knows that.
>>
>>68665185
Am I wrong in saying that we don't know where the new GitS is set?
>>
>>68665223
>Weebs will call this ugly
>>
>>68665233
And their space programs...
>>
>>68665226
That's the opinion of one person. Who also happens to work for the publisher of the Ghost in the Shell manga.
>>
>>68665302
>And their space programs...
what about them? first of all, this reddit meme that space program is somehow the pinnacle of human endeavor is so childish and downright wrong.
>>
File: scarlett-translation.jpg (89 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-translation.jpg
89 KB, 500x333
>>68665352
Her soft lips and nose is the best thing about her
>>
>>68665226
>>This is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world
Oh, he won't be saying that when the big studio executives bastardize the script and setting for middle Americans.
>>
>>68665226
> a corporate shill in a damage control mode talking to a corporate magazine
seriously, are you a burger, cause there is no reason for you to be thinking this way if you aren't
>>
>>68664398

Because an actual Asian guy tried to audtion for a role in a movie that's an adaptation of an Asian work that takes place in Asia and was told, "Sorry. We don't want an Asian actor." It wasn't about being a good/bad actor, it was about being Asian.

But they defend casting Scarlet with, "Anybody should be able to play any role."

That's not true. What they actually mean is that "Anyone with sufficient name draw/high connections should be able to play any role."

That's why Sam Jones can play Fury, Mamoa can be Aquaman, and Bale can be Moses, and Depp can be Tanto.

If instead of those guys, some no-name black/hawaiian/white/near eastern/native American guy had shown up to audition for those roles, they would have been turned away.
>>
>>68665233
>Anglos

Yet almost every single collony of theirs has becomes the worlds leading power in terms of living standard and pretty much everything else that we associate with civilization.
Even India benefited wildly for the British rule - they still do. Now go deeper in the Central Asia where other powers ruled locals and it`s like comparing a two different planets.

Can`t say the same about French, Dutch and other attempts of imperialism.

Yes, slavery was evil. But the Europeans discovered humanity, thrusting every single race and ethnic group in to modernity one way or another.
Europeans shouldnt apologize for industrialized slave trade and conquered nations - not their problem everyone was so backward and stuck in the past they couldnt even properly resist it.
>>
>>68664398

Major has no ethnicity or specific race so there's nothing to actually be worried about since she's an AI.

>This is all just one crafty master mind plan to spread SJW culture through to Japan and make Anime and Manga the next Capeshit
Not surprising Jews want to destroy another industry
>>
>>68665582
>Because an actual Asian guy tried to audtion for a role in a movie that's an adaptation of an Asian work that takes place in Asia and was told, "Sorry. We don't want an Asian actor." It wasn't about being a good/bad actor, it was about being Asian.

Proofs?!
>>
Japs make terrible live action movies when it's about anime/manga/vn/ln shit.
>>
>>68664398
Don't all Japs wish they were white deep down anyways?
>>
>>68664398
divide and conquer
>>
File: 14OgRaX.jpg (858 KB, 2442x2918) Image search: [Google]
14OgRaX.jpg
858 KB, 2442x2918
>>68665681
yes
>>
>>68665582
>Direct has an ideal in his head.
>Says he has an ideal and says no thanks to those not fitting it.
>THIS IS RACISM BECAUSE YOU WON'T LET ME AUDITION FOR YOUR FILM BECAUSE FILM IS SUPPOSED TO BE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND ANYONE CAN DO IT

Yup, tumblr.
>>
>>68665596
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_that_have_gained_independence_from_the_United_Kingdom
all fucking first world wonder countries, no doubt about it.
>>
>>68664398

Oi Jap, walk on... walk on
>>
Is there any nation more cucked than Japan?
>>
>>68665654
>Japs make terrible live action movies
so does hollywood
>>
File: 1461360483143.jpg (437 KB, 888x656) Image search: [Google]
1461360483143.jpg
437 KB, 888x656
>>68665766
anywhere in Western Europe
at least Japan will still be a majority Japanese in 50 years
>>
>>68665233
Please stop using Anglo technology and go back to your fucking mud hut.
>>
File: 1.jpg (38 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
38 KB, 590x350
>>68665758
>>
>>68664700
It isn't weird at all. Westerners are exotic and interesting to the east, a welcome depature from their monolithic comformative society.
>>
>>68665823
>Please stop using Anglo technology and go back to your fucking mud hut
its not like I fucking use it for free, I paid for it fair and square and you benefit from it.
so please, leave your childish arguments on /pol/, faggot.
>>
>>68664885
Not to mention the horrible horrible cgi in everything
>>
>>68664398
>americans have high standards
>maybe they want a better actress

TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>68665170
And whites are on average much stupider than Jews, the true master race.
>>
>>68665733
Should`ve noted that all countries that had white majority in them (heh) - Canada, US, New Zealand, Australia and others.

But oh well. Apparently only white countries can succed post-colonialism. Strange, huh?
>>
>>68664896
It's because 80% of america is white and they want to protect their investment.

Which is weird because the chinese market and the rest of the international market is so big now you'd think it'd kind of make it more about popularity and charisma. I guess it kind of already is. Even non-whites look up to white people more and find them more attractive, generally. I guess the thing to do is to cast someone popular who's not black or middle-eastern. But then the resulting group would be mostly white, so there you go, I guess.
>>
>>68665933
>Average IQ of Israel: 96
>Average IQ of Germany: 102

kikes BTFO
>>
>>68664398
>>
>>68665733
If you extend it to the whole of Europe and not just the UK, you get only 5 countries that have not been even partly invaded or collonised by Europeans
>>
>>68665233
>everybody who's smart knows that

You mean everybody who's a faggot cuck thinks that
>>
>>68664398
I'm only seeing a BIG NOSE.
>>
>>68666014
well, it is a known fact that the white man is the devil.
>>
>>68665071
then what's a non-religious jew?
>>
File: 1459014197892.jpg (710 KB, 1764x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459014197892.jpg
710 KB, 1764x1920
>>68666053
pure coincidence, move along
>>
>>68665352
She was such a qt before that face lift.
>>
>>68665654
They adapt manga a lot more often than you think. If you actually have experience with watching Japanese movies you've probably seen many adaptations without even realizing it.
>>
why did nobody complain this much about Edge of Tomorrow?

Was it because they changed the character names?
>>
>>68665582
>Death Note American adaptation
>it'll take place in Japan

Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>68666442
It wasn't a direct adaptation
>>
File: Thermae_Romae-04.jpg (234 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Thermae_Romae-04.jpg
234 KB, 640x427
>>68665654
>Best live action adaptation I watched from manga/anime
>It's actually yellowashing

TIP TOP KEK A LOT

actors without dialogue were actual white people anyways.
>>
File: isjjssiw.png (5 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
isjjssiw.png
5 KB, 216x200
>>68665397
plus that sexy raspy voice

HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGG
>>
>>68665185
Funny enough, Oldboy was localized, twice. It's a Japanese manga redone in for the Korean film then later American. And sure, people hated the Spoke lee joint but why was there outrage for the Korean one?
>>
>>68665582
But those are two different movies being made by two different directors.

You can be angry at the Death Note movie for refusing to give an Asian guy a chance at the film, but be okay with Scarlet playing a completely different role in a completely different film.

Like, if some black guy punched me, I'm not going to be angry at all black guys. That's discrimination.
>>
>>68664398
>americans
>high standards
>still falling for the superheroes and exploding robots genre movies
>still falling for the ex [insert here government / federal agency] agent movies
>still falling for tumblr stars performing in muh special snowflake movies
hahaha oh wow
>>
>>68666442
Hipsters have actually heard of ghost in the shell, and mistakenly think they know enough about it to bitch
>>
File: Vrataski_Rita.png (271 KB, 402x618) Image search: [Google]
Vrataski_Rita.png
271 KB, 402x618
>>68666442
All You Need Is Kill is not nearly as big as GitS.
Besides, Rita Vrataski is a white american. The only real bits that could be said to be whitewashing would be changing the MC from being nip. The United Army that's fighting the war is meant to be multi-national.

But yeah, if more slacktivists had known about All You Need Is Kill then we probably would've seen a similar amount of shit-flinging for the sake of it.
>>
File: Aeon Flux.jpg (447 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Aeon Flux.jpg
447 KB, 2560x1920
>>68664398
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO GUYYYYYYYYYYS

DO YOU REMEMBER ME ?!
>>
>>68667870

not anime, not good.
>>
>>68667745
EoT actually changes the character, it didn't just cast Tom Cruise as a Japanese character.
>>
File: Iseriouslyhopepunpun.jpg (43 KB, 305x230) Image search: [Google]
Iseriouslyhopepunpun.jpg
43 KB, 305x230
>>68664398
The Funny thing about this whole thing is that the west has historically always been overly sensitive to such offenses, while Japan couldn't give two shits.

Back in the day a Japanese Prince came to visit the UK, and in preparation the government ordered all productions of The Mikado to be halted. Once the Prince got there, he was pissed because that was the one thing he was looking forward to seeing:

>When Prince Fushimi Sadanaru made a state visit in 1907, the British government banned performances of The Mikado from London for six weeks,[n 7] fearing that the play might offend him – a manoeuvre that backfired when the prince complained that he had hoped to see The Mikado during his stay.[57][58] A Japanese journalist covering the prince's stay attended a proscribed performance and confessed himself "deeply and pleasingly disappointed." Expecting "real insults" to his country, he had found only "bright music and much fun."
>>
>>68664398
>Random Japanese strangers have more grasp on the art of filmmaking than even most film critics do
LOL
>>
>>68664398
what if they had cast a black actress?
>>
I wish America was racially homogeneous like Japan. It just goes to show that racial politics is such a huge distraction to national discourse. There are bigger issues to deal with. We done goofed by not sending Africans back to the continent.
>>
So only whitecucks get butthurt over this?
>>
>>68668150
>I wish America was racially homogeneous like Japan

Literally wouldn't be America
>>
>>68668128
if you can choose the appearance of your synthetic body why would anyone want to look like a baboon?
>>
File: 1458149505404.png (110 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
1458149505404.png
110 KB, 200x337
>>68668180
yes
>>
>>68668244
Of course it would. White people don't need other races to prosper.
>>
>>68664398

Because the US is one of the most racially diverse countries in the world. With diversity there are bound to be problems. Japan on the other hand is very homogeneous. If you've visited a country like that you'll know.

Also, isn't Ghost in the Shell supposed to be about the soul/mind in a man-made body? The main character has a robotic body, somebody in the video even said "she could be played by anybody"
>>
>>68668469
40% of your population would disagree
>>
>>68665170
you need some serious help
>>
>>68668568
Gee, you're right. Where would we ever be without inventions like peanut butter?
>>
Having johanssen play Mikoto is absolutely perfect!

And for you american liberals...

Shut the fuck up.

And dont you fucking EVER group us with your american lowlife Niggers.
>>
>>68665681
thats disgusting desu
>>
>>68664398

>"Blond hair only suits foreigners"
>calling 'everyone who isnt Japanese foreigners

It is an acceptable use of the word, but its so generalizing and vague. Would be interesting if the use of the word 'foreigner', like those two girls used it, was common practice among most Japanese.
>>
>>68668546
interchanging someones body with robotics is race bait dehumanizing bullshit to begin with.
>>
>>68668710
>And for you american liberals...
>Shut the fuck up.
>And dont you fucking EVER group us with your american lowlife Niggers.

lol

Do you think our liberals actually give a shit about you or racism?

They really don't.

They just love to stir up race hate where there is none..
>>
>>68668795
Exactly, and it could be an interesting topic for the new movie to explore, but it probably won't. Race wasn't brought up at all with the shells in the original movie either I don't think.
>>
>>68666442
I heard critics and a few on /tv/ say Edge of Tomorrow is """"original""""
>>
>Anime are just fiction so I don't understand why people criticise it
BASED
>>
> ITT liberals desperately trying to convince Japs why they should be offended

lol

The world would be a lot less racist & bigoted place if we didn't have liberals.
>>
>>68665654
But their Westerns are fucking spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk8r_edNuQ
>>
>>68668469
It literally wouldn't be america because it has been a colonial country from day 1, there has never been a time where america was 100% white unlike european countries or asian countries.

If anything, a racially homogenous america would be, you know, 100% native americans, not 100% white.
>>
>>68664398
>Scarlett Johansson
>Whitewashing

Something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>68669375
That's not really a fair point. Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world. The main difference is western sensibilities are too centered around stupid shit.
>>
>>68669483
the other races arent actually people anon dont you know your history.
>>
>>68669483
You realize that the Japanese aren't the native people of Japan, right? The Ainu people are the native people of Japan, and they've been historically discriminated by the Japanese.
>>
File: AinsleySmile.jpg (189 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
AinsleySmile.jpg
189 KB, 2197x1463
>>68665809
america stops being white in less than 5 years
>>
>>68667916
This.
>>
>>68664398
Social media is giving a voice to vocal minorities, quite simply.
>>
>>68669560
>Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world.

And they literally don't give a shit who is cast as mikoto.

The only people I've seen trying to make this into a think are your fucking american liberals.
>>
The Japanese still idolize white people and have their own film/TV industry where their population can see themselves represented as their culture is. Asians in western countries don't have representation of them in the media they watch, they're constantly marginalized as if they don't exist and continue to be underrepresented and only represented in certain ways.
>>
>>68669624
>Social media is giving a voice to vocal minorities, quite simply.

try to keep up. No minorities are complaining.

It's liberals trying to start race wars writing all these articles about whitewashing.

Actual japanese don't give a shit... most of them fucking LIKE the casting. I mean, have you seen what happens when Japs make anime live adaptations?

Attack on titan was unwatchable crap.
>>
>>68669560
>Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world.
This is a meme. Why don't you post some cat image macros while you're at it?
>>
>>68669560
>Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world
then why do they have so many whites in their anime?
>>
Jesus christ. I had no idea liberals entertain themselves in such evil ways.

why are your american liberals such racist pieces of shit?
>>
>>68669854
It's also true.

I say this as an outsider who lived in Japan for a while.
>>
>>68669977

Moral superiority. So they can look down on others... I don't know.

Liberals try to start race shit whenever they're bored.
>>
>>68664398
ME JAPANESE DESU
ME TAKEU GREATU PRIDEU IN NOT OFFENSU ANYONE
THIS GOOD CASTING
SANK YOU PREASE NO TRABBLE
AM BESTU ARRY

*jerks off to loli boy cartoons*
>>
>>68670014
It's true when you assume that every country is supposed to be like America and every real or imagined slight against you is because you're a foreigner.
>>
>>68668263
kek
>>
>>68669483
I don't understand what you're saying, America is what it is because of white people. There would be no western world without it. Natives wouldn't have built the economy or society we have today. You're clearly an idiot so let me spell it out for you: everything good about America was done by white people. It would be teepees and campfires if we hadn't come here.
>>
>>68665071
Jews have the benefits of being white with a backdoor built in to dodge all criticism because they belong to a marginalized group. When confronted with their own whiteness in any negative connotation they are the first to bring up the fact that they are Jews.

They truly have the best of both worlds in this super PC western society that we live in now.
>>
>>68664541
No amerifat, they just say that 'Animé' is a special kind of culture and characters are often white.
Watch japanese cinema before you criticise.
>>
>>68666747
Cause muh incest and shiet
>>
>>68670242
>They truly have the best of both worlds in this super PC western society that we live in now.

Do you think the political correctness propaganda is an accident or something?
>>
>>68667870
you know, this is my worst fear with Ghost right now, I fucking loved aeon flux, I was so fucking disappointed of the live ation movie, so much wasted potential
>>
>>68664398
>video about whitewashing
>half white mud blood producer
>>
>>68664541
Japs and the whole of asia bar China (because they lost all knowledge of social interaction thanks to Mao) are all about saving face. In asian culture, and Japan is the extreme end, its better to be polite to someones ideas or opinions than tell the truth. Truth is less valued compared to the west which we uphold as the strongest virtue.

Theyre mutts basically, but dont get too comfortable. Jist recognize the game and that they think your a dumb foreigner. Shits easy
>>
>>68670385
you should be its exactly whats going to happen with but with some cg.
>>
>>68665654
The Rurouni Kenshin movies were pretty good, and also an example of a Japanese title that could never be made with white actors.
>>
I liked the casting decision as soon as I saw it and agree with the japs, she looks nearly identical to the major.
>>
>>68670337
No, I was just stating a fact, they have the best of both worlds. I wasn't implying anything by it, just stating it. They have a pretty sweet deal in the west right now.
>>
>>68670081
No, it's true when you just look at how Japan is and how it treats its outsiders.

Also, I'm not an American. I'm not even a Westerner. I was told to "go home" several times when I lived in Japan for no reason other than the fact that I'm not Japanese. That's incredibly xenophobic.
>>
>>68670803
>I was told to "go home" several times when I lived in Japan for no reason other than the fact that I'm not Japanese.
There's a member of the Diet who's from Finland.
>>
>>68670941
That's nice I guess. It doesn't erase or excuse the xenophobia I and others like me experienced and still experience in Japan on a daily basis.
>>
>>68670234
What I'm saying is that counter-factic history is completly pointless (in general, but moreso in this case) because you have no point of comparision. It's easier to imagine a japanese society which is 100% japanese because it was like that at one point in time (it's still a useless exercise, but it's easier). But you can't really imagine what a 100% white america would be like because literally it was concieved as a colonial country from the moment the british set foot in the continent. A country is not imagined and concieved out of arbitrary things you like, a country is concieved by it's history.

Wether you like it or not, "american culture" doesn't exist as an ethnically "pure" entity, as much as you want to emphasize the achievement's of white american people. If you assume american culture can exist without inter-ethnic relations then you're thinking about some other, completly arbitrary construction of what you CHOOSE to believe is america.
>>
>>68669589
I agree actually, because the whole concept of a "racially pure" culture is pretty absurd, and can only come from someone that clearly misunderstands genetics and also culture. I was more or less making a hypothetical construction since that's what >>68668469
implied.
>>
>>68671020
Your personal experiences don't erase the fact that a foreigner from Europe is a member of the Diet.

There's also xenophobia everywhere, but because we have this handy meme that says Japan is the world capital of xenophobia people will think: "Oh, so that's why I experienced xenophobia. It's because Japan is the most xenophobic country in the world. The Internet legends were true."
>>
>>68670803
Even other asians get shit from these assholes, not just white people. I have asian friends who did business in nipland and they got backstabbed quick as soon as they left. Say one thing to your face and then do the opposite.

Look a the two guys in the video how their opinion changes when the interviewer raises the controversial issue and "thats what theyre saying in America", they immediately feel comfortable to speak their mind since the guy brought it up. But still very PC in front of cam. Wouldn't want the world remembering what fucking scum they are and to get nuked again i guess

Fuck them
>>
>>68671152
>Your personal experiences don't erase the fact that a foreigner from Europe is a member of the Diet.
But this fact means nothing in-so-far as this discussion is concerned. It's like saying there's no racism in America because there's a black man in an American band.

>There's also xenophobia everywhere
Yes, but having lived in multiple different countries, I have to say I never experienced it as frequently as I did when I was in Japan. It's the only country I've left because of xenophobia.

>Japan is the most xenophobic country in the world
After North Korea, sure it is
>>
>>68671278
It's easier being white in Japan than non-Japanese Asian.
>>
>>68671352
>But this fact means nothing in-so-far as this discussion is concerned.
Then why does your anecdote mean anything?

>It's the only country I've left because of xenophobia.
And many others have stayed there without any problems.
>>
>>68671436
>Then why does your anecdote mean anything?
Because it's the experience of myself and others.

>And many others have stayed there without any problems.
I never met a "foreigner" in Japan who didn't experience a problem at least once so no, I'd say you're wrong. Even the ones who loved Japan admitted there's a problem (they just blame it on a minority, not realizing that a majority passively allows it to happen).
>>
>>68671022
You can look at parts of Europe, the white parts, and draw a reasonable conclusion that white people would have done fine without influence from other races. American and white culture are synonymous.
>>
>>68671536
>Because it's the experience of myself and others.
Yet other people's experiences don't matter. Only yours does.

>I never met a "foreigner" in Japan who didn't experience a problem at least once so no, I'd say you're wrong.
You mean foreigners in a foreign land sometimes experience problems? Well clearly this proves Japan is the most xenophobic country, just as the legends foretold.
>>
>>68664825
They have bias, just different ones. Especially regarding gender.

Their idol system for female celebrities is ridiculous.
>>
>>68665081
Not so mich that new ideas are hatd, but they're considered risky investments.
>>
>>68671593
>Yet other people's experiences don't matter. Only yours does.
"Other people" you've invented to counter my real lived experiences and the real lived experiences of others.

You've never been to or lived in Japan as a "foreigner" or else you'd have said so already. So all you can speak on is from your own imagination, of what you think Japan is like.

I'm telling you how it is. Your fantasy is not reality. Deal with it.
>>
>>68671436
Mate asia as a whole is xenophobic in the extreme. Nothing really wrong with that imo, just dont live in a bubble and preach to others about what youve read or heard. Go and fucking travel
>>
WEEBS BTFO

SUDOKU IMMINENT
>>
>>68671593
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchi-soto
>>
>>68664398
ScarJo is too ugly for that role
>>
>>68664398
Niggers mostly
>>
>>68669854
When people say it's the "most xenophobic country in the world" they're wrong on a technical level (the most xenophobic country in North Korea) but right on a hyperbolic level because Japan is an extremely xenophobic place to live, especially for what would be an otherwise modern country.
>>
File: ghost_3.gif (981 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
ghost_3.gif
981 KB, 500x273
I just want to point out that being for jap actors in movies isn't being be in favor of nigger's propaganda in movies

nobody likes niggers outside of USA
>>
>>68671687
>"Other people" you've invented
No, I'm pretty sure I didn't invent Marutei Tsurunen.

>You've never been to or lived in Japan as a "foreigner" or else you'd have said so already.
Doesn't matter. Your experiences are still just your experiences, they don't account for the entire reality of Japan and have no special status compared to other people's experiences.

>>68671688
I wasn't talking about Asia as a whole.

>>68671771
That's a concept that applies everywhere in Japan, so you're actually arguing that the xenophobia is not actually xenophobia.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (547 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
547 KB, 1280x720
>>68664477
how will weebs ever recover from this?
>>
>>68672063
You've never lived in Japan, never been to Japan, and thus have nothing of value to say about living in Japan and what the country is like as a "foreigner."

I, on the other hand, have done these things, and I am telling you that Japan is extremely xenophobic when it comes to outsiders. I'm sorry if this ruins the fantasy you have about Japan, but it's the truth, it's how things are. It's the harsh reality.

Here's a final (You) since you have nothing of value to contribute to this discussion and I've said all I need to say.
>>
>>68672063
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_Japan#Other_groups

Please stop trying to deflect or deny ingroup-outgroup preference.

You're just making things worse
>>
Europe wasn't seclusive and xenophobic and look where it got you :^)
>>
>>68672386
Like most people you greatly overestimate the value of personal experience.

>>68672475
If it's something that applies everywhere in Japan to everyone, how is it xenophobia specifically?
>>
>>68672338
>>68664477
these 2 are so cute

CUTE

I want an anime with them voicing
>>
>>68673527
Really? They're average.
>>
>>68673614
I know but they act so cute

Do all Japanese women act this way?

Truly, I have been missing out
>>
File: anglo-euroglobe.png (471 KB, 4972x2517) Image search: [Google]
anglo-euroglobe.png
471 KB, 4972x2517
>>68668150
>>68668469
Literally everything would be better right now if Whites were on top again, in their own countries and in the colonies and territories of the rest of the world under their spheres of influence
>>
>>68673527
i want them to film a shot for shot remake of the movie on their phones after it comes out with the one on the right playing motoko.
>>
>>68673123
xenophobia isn't different from ingroup preference outside of scale.

It's just an issue of scale. If you're drastically different from the ingroup, you will be drastically excluded.
>>
>>68673794
There are different in-groups with different ideas of what the in-group should be like and how the out-group should be treated.
>>
File: 1461106068084.jpg (47 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
1461106068084.jpg
47 KB, 453x576
>>68672386
why does this contradict every other account I've heard of from many different people
>>
>>68673635
>Do all Japanese women act this way?
Yeah, most of them.
>>
>>68673778
Left would be a better Motoko

Then again maybe not, she's so cheery, aaaah I'm so enamored
>>
>>68664398
As an asian american, I think I can safely say most asians don't give a fuck

they're too busy studying for their math exams

if you really want to argue with this the Major could be played by anyone, she doesn't have an explicit ethnicity and that's kind of the entire point because her body is cybernetic
>>
File: garbage.jpg (57 KB, 676x960) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
57 KB, 676x960
>normie japs have shit taste
FUCKING NORMIES WHERE EVER THEY ARE
>>
>>68673872
that doesn't matter if a person is different from all the ingroups. that just makes him more excluded because he has less ingroups to matriculate into.
>>
>>68674123
As an Asian-American you in fact cannot safely say that. Being Asian-American tells you nothing about what people in Japan, China, Korea, Vietnam and Singapore think about anything.

>>68674144
Marutei Tsurunen is Finnish and a member of Diet and the guy who runs J-List is from America.
>>
File: 1398195632685.png (237 KB, 594x383) Image search: [Google]
1398195632685.png
237 KB, 594x383
>>68666442
Because this time the plebs actually know it's based on chingchong.
>>
File: 1460851003066.jpg (221 KB, 720x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460851003066.jpg
221 KB, 720x1000
>>68674139
God this film is going to be so terrible, why must it exist

Hollywood ruins everything
>>
>>68674365
that doesn't prove me wrong. he sounds like an exception
>>
>>68673875

I've been there too. They'll be polite to you to your face because it is engrained in their culture, they'll even take you out to drink and show you a good time etc...

But you will *never* be one of them.
>>
I just hope the zakus don't look too fake
>>
>>68664596
That a Jew behind that post?
>>
>>68674595
It proves that Japan is not some inpenetrable super in-group. There are foreigners who work there, have spouses and children, and run businesses.

>>68674631
>But you will *never* be one of them.
Yeah this is that American thinking I was talking about.

Why do you expect that you should be accepted as Japanese, especially when you're just visiting?
>>
>>68664398
Of course they think that. The actual otaku are inside or too camera shy how would you interview them? And data manipulation is pretty simple, you only have to cut the ones that disagree or skew it in favor of the positive responses.
>>
>>68674825
>>It proves that Japan is not some inpenetrable super in-group

of course, but just because they live and work there doesn't mean they will be part of the ingroup. A person can do both while being excluded, much like attending school while being excluded by certain cliques because, again, cliques and groups have ingroup preferences that, generally speaking, foreigners by definition do not share
>>
>>68674715
Why would you have any hopes whatsoever. This is just Dragon Ball Evolution again.
>>
>>68675060
Yeah I guess a member of the Diet and the owner of an international business employing Japanese people who both have wives and children just aren't part of the super ultra hyper in-group known as Japan.
>>
File: tfw a and pol are sluts.jpg (34 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tfw a and pol are sluts.jpg
34 KB, 500x273
>>68664398

>she's beautiful
>western people look more anime than asians

/pol/ and /a/ blown the fuck out, will they ever recover
>>
>>68674846
More importantly who cares what the Japanese want. Its not a movie for them. Its for US, and we want jap actors(apparently)
>>
>No one has a problem with it until they are told what whitewashing is
kek
>>
>implying Ghost in the Shell is any good in the first place
dead on announcement
>>
Isn't that the japanese stance on anything? "It can't be helped!" For most part the aren't a very confrontational group. People will tell you to leave or mock you in a really subtle way there.
>>
>>68674631
>But you will *never* be one of them.
but you aren't one of them
>>
File: Screenshot (133).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (133).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>68664398

anime isn't real you weebs
>>
>>68675196
>western people look more anime than asians
According to you people a scarecrow is going to look indistinguishable from a white human being if you just put a blonde wig on it.
>>
>>68665654
Not really. Less known works SoL stuff tends to flow really well into film. To the point you'll just think it's another regular japanese films if you aren't familiar with the source. And even if you exclude those their track record is at least better than DB Fusion and all the drivel that made it's way here.
>>
>>68675455
if I took off the mask, would he die?
>>
reminder asians are robots and the movie is actually about an american.
>>
>>68675487

>I have no idea what i'm trying to say, I hope this sounds smart

it didn't
>>
File: 1416877154123.jpg (85 KB, 651x720) Image search: [Google]
1416877154123.jpg
85 KB, 651x720
>>68675455
>>
>>68666442
Because no one fucking cares about Edge of Tomorrow. It's like comparing a indie band popular in your city to a rock legend.

So when you hear it's getting a adaption your fist reaction is really? That's cool. Maybe it will bring more awareness to the source.
>>
File: 1425239472880.jpg (13 KB, 269x338) Image search: [Google]
1425239472880.jpg
13 KB, 269x338
>>68664398

Kikes have no control over Japanese so the can't brain wash them into hating whites the way niggers do

Jews fear the samurai
>>
>>68664398
>be asian in asia
>look around you: see asian
>look on tv: see asian
>"huh they changed 1 asian character to be not asian? who cares lol"

>be asian in america
>look around you: see white
>look on tv: see white
>"wow now they even changed 1 of the famous asian characters to be not asian? I cares"

Point: Whitewashing does not matter in country that doesn't suffer from white supremacy
>>
>>68675577
>I'm pretending to be stupid so I don't have to deal with something that's inconvinient for my agenda
>>
>they did CGI yellowface tests on Scarlett

http://screencrush.com/ghost-in-the-shell-whitewashing-scarlett-johnasson-vfx/
>>
>>68675694
>>"wow now they even changed 1 of the famous asian characters to be not asian? I cares"

It's a god damn cyborg, she changes body several times in the franchise. It can look like just about anything, that's the whole thing with GITS, transhumanism.

>White supremacy
I guess you rused me all along huh
>>
>>68675196
Oh, wow two asian girls that by the look of it aren't too invested in the media agree with you. How will the other side ever recover?
>>
>>68664896
TOO MUCH INDIANS IN BOLLYWOOD!!!!
>>
>>68675698

Sorry you're post meant absolutely nothing, fuckboi.

Stay mad
>>
No surprise here. Japs worship whites and want to be them. This confirms that nobody in anime is really Oriental.
>>
>>68675668
Scarlett Johanson is a jew
>>
>>68676135
XD
>>
>>68664398
professional complainer has become a viable career path
>>
>>68676135
>oriental

fucking racist.

Asians don't like that term RACIST PIECE OF MAN SHIT
>>
>>68676010
>she changes body several times in the franchise
Yet she doesn't pick a body from a different race. In the movie and show they are for most part variations of the main body. When her fear of dissociation is one of the main themes you don't increase it with a white body for no good reason.
>>
>>68676075
You people keep thinking that anime characters have to be white just because they have blonde hair and blue eyes.

So clearly, a scarecrow would look white if it just has a blonde wig on.

>>68676135
Projection.
>>
>>68676266
Whoa whoa, calm your bitch tits down. Since when did Oriental become offensive? It just means Eastern. Aren't Asians from the East?
>>
>>68676341
White is the default since everybody knows it's the standard of beauty and power.
>>
>>68665071
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews
>The Jews (/dʒuːz/;[11] Hebrew: יְהוּדִים ISO 259-3 Yehudim, Israeli pronunciation [jehuˈdim]), also known as the Jewish people, are an ethnoreligious group[12] originating from the Israelites, or Hebrews, of the Ancient Near East.[13][14] Jewish ethnicity, nationhood and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation,[15][16][17] while its observance varies from strict observance to complete nonobservance.
>>
>>68676533
Projection.
>>
File: 1429828871257.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1429828871257.webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>68664398
>>68665207
>>68672338

you know world has gone to shit, when the japanese are the voice of reason
>>
>>68676334
It's an american film, they're going to use american actresses. So how many famous action actresses are there out there really? It's basically Scarjo and Emily Blunt. Scarlett sucks pretty hard but she's a big name. They're not going to gamble with a less famous lead actress in a big film like that. Race is pretty much irrelevant in the setting. And anime characters are often pretty ambigious. You could do them one way or the other.
>>
>>68666603
This looks stupid retarded!
>>
>>68676675
>And anime characters are often pretty ambigious.
But they are still Japanese.
>>
>>68676474
I dont know I remember calling a jap girl oriental and she got offended
>>
>it looks more anime-ish if the actors aren't japanese
Man, even fucking japan gets this shit. Anime characters are not asian for fuck's. They live in japan 99% of the time, but they are clearly not asian, so hiring a white person to play them in a movie is really no big deal, even japan gets that, yet of course here SJWs are up in arms defending people for no reason.
>>
>>68676706
When they draw characters in a european setting they mostly draw them just like they would draw japanese characters.
>>
>>68664896

i want to make sure, you realize that's not what whitewashing means right?

that it's an ironic usage of the word?

the closest thing you can use is "appropriating". but then you'd sound even whinier than you do now. because no, it's not a real problem.
>>
>>68676833
>They live in japan 99% of the time, but they are clearly not asian
If the story says they are Japanese then they are Japanese.
>>
>>68665118
>Japanese like being a hodge podge

a japanese hodge podge.
>>
File: unnamed.png (149 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
149 KB, 300x300
>>68665226
>He added: "This is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world."

It's like he doesn't know that this hasn't been already happening for the past decade
>>
>>68676675
That doesn't change what I said and the lead isn't the only box office magnet. They could surround some japanese actress with big names. They could get a better director. Or they could just gamble once. It's not like their ideal of a moneymaker works every fucking time.
>>
>>68676956
Fuck off. I'm talking about visual wise. Design wise, the characters are drawn white, they have white skin, they have white features, larger eyes, etc.

Obviously story wise they are japanese you sperg lord.
>>
>>68665950
>countries where slaves were imported vs. countries where the population was subjugated outright

Yeah, must be genetic superiority
>>
>>68665976
>implying average white is german
>implying average german is white

keep 'em comin
>>
>>68677056
Welcome to hollywood.
>>
>>68676833
Nice sample group you have there. Two girls. That changed their mind when he brought up Death Note.
>>
>>68677017

what did you expect from the most xenophobic nation on the planet
>>
>>68674559
pro90
>>
>naruto
>takes place in japan
what?
>>
>>68665226
>director of the international business division at Kodansha's Tokyo headquarters
He has stakes on this. If anime turns into the new cape that rice eater will get so much american money he will be able to afford Hollywood actresses as escorts.
>>
>>68677124
>Design wise, the characters are drawn white
https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/08/30/guest-post-why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/
>>
>>68664398
I mean, it's worth remembering. These are japanese people in japan. They're not victims of racism over there. Hell, the japanese themselves are racist as hell. Their culture is pretty openly xenophobic to essentially anyone other than white people. They have no reason to be offended. It would be like if the Japanese made an adaptation of an American franchise, and casted Japanese actors, instead of American-Japanese actors, no one here would give a shit. It's japanese americans who are theoretically upset and victimized by this.
>>
File: 1456862121745.png (330 KB, 388x392) Image search: [Google]
1456862121745.png
330 KB, 388x392
>>68668710
>Mikoto
>>
>>68665876
>he paid money for devil technology and complains about the people who invented it destroying the world

no, i get it, you should have received it for free from the government.
>>
>>68665226
>He added: "This is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world."

"So we have to make it no longer feel like a Japanese property"

>Logic
>>
>>68665933
>much stupider

the correct word is more dumblier
>>
>>68677441
Again he is the director of the international business division at Kodansha. He doesn't care about quality if it sells and Hollywood comes back for more his paycheck will go all pufferfish.
>>
>>68665170
>Stormshills think people take them seriously
L M A O

M

A

O
>>
>>68665207
This is it. This is the one single thing that retarded Americans forget. Its all made up. It does not fucking matter. Any real GITS fan would completely disregard this movie anyway
>>
>>68665876
>I pay Anglos so I can use their Anglo technology, it's not like I use it for free!
>Anglos are the most horrible thing that happened to this planet, and everybody who's smart knows that.

You can't make this shit up
>>
>>68664398

Because it's 40% non-white and half of white people think that means it's 100% white like they're in deepest darkest Russia or some shit.
>>
File: 1312827282453.jpg (16 KB, 225x266) Image search: [Google]
1312827282453.jpg
16 KB, 225x266
>>68664398
>Japanese people in Japan don't take into consideration what it means to be minority ethnic in the Western world

WHAT A SURPRISE
>>
>>68672338
Hory Shit
SJWs BTFO
>>
>>68664398
WOW ITS ALMOST AS IF NOBODY OUTSIDE OF AMERICA GIVES A SHIT ABOUT RACE IN MOVIES AND FINDS THE IDEA OF WHITEWASHING COMPLETELY RETARDED, WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT?
>>
>>68677339
That link is kind of silly. Yes it's true that everyone is defaulted to white to us, but i'd also say that's the case for lots of people not just white.

The thing about marge doesn't make sense, people assume marge is white because the simpsons has black and asian characters who are distinctly different from the normal yellow people, so naturally the yellow must be white.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.