[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the chances this will be bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: SpiderMan_Homecoming_header-1.jpg (56 KB, 575x275) Image search: [Google]
SpiderMan_Homecoming_header-1.jpg
56 KB, 575x275
>Written by the guys that did the awful Vacation reboot
>Directed by the guy that did some shitty horror movie and a mediocre at best drama
>Sony still has creative control
>Casting has been iffy (really hope MJ hasn't been one of the actresses cast yet - we have yet to get a real MJ on screen, we got Gwen in TASM and Raimi's MJ was basically Gwen); Still not sold on Holland either (that could change after Civil War though)
>Shoehorning in Iron Man
>Michael Keaton dropped out
>Putting him in high school for the 3rd fucking time despite the character being out of high school since Amazing Spider-Man #28 (1965); prepare for more high school drama to appeal to the YA demo
>Doing multiple villains again (cause it worked so well with Spider-Man 3 and TASM 2 right?)

They'd have to really fuck up to be worse than the TASM movies, but its really hard to get excited about this.

They really need to nail the tone and characterization - something SM 3, TASM 1/2 all messed up for the most part. Also cast Katherine McNamara as MJ!
>>
>>68647478
>>Doing multiple villains again (cause it worked so well with Spider-Man 3 and TASM 2 right?)
the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>Michael Keaton dropped out

All we know is that he was approached. I doubt he ever actually signed on for anything. Gotta be picky after starring in two Best Picture winning movies.
>>
>>68647478

Sony is still involved so the chances are pretty high.
>>
>>68647478
Who the fuck even knows anything about this movie

Let alone knowing it just to try and dash hopes about it. Christ.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck. Come back when there's literally anything other than general details known.
>>
>posting this thread on /co/ and /tv/
How sad.
>>
>>68647478
I'm just going to ignore anything not marvel produced.
>>
>>68647478
Didn't that gossip website said it might be a disaster?
>>
>>68647828
But its literally being produced by marvel.
>>
>>68647478

>Sony still has creative control

are you just assuming things? Pretty sure Marvel has the creative control, Sony just gets a say, which is fair given that they're the ones paying for it.
>>
>Sony JUST + Marvel quips

baka
>>
File: katherine teeth smile.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
katherine teeth smile.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>68647478
>Also cast Katherine McNamara as MJ!
Katherine McNamara is a qt. She was excellent in Monsterville.
>>
>>68648292
Best MJ suggestion tbqh
>>
Spider-Man will have quips, Peter will have high school problems. So it will be perfectly inoffensively fine, but expect fanboys to jizz all over it.
>>
so what does Marvel have control over, and what does Sony have control over?
>>
>>68647988
>>68648856
im pretty sure that sony gets to make the movie and marvel just watches over their shoulder since its a part of mcu now.

sony has full rights to all the spider-man characters and can do whatever spin-offs they like (heres hoping for a venom/carnage movie, seeing as how R rated super hero movies are gonna be in 'style')
>>
File: katherine pretty hair.jpg (323 KB, 1280x1770) Image search: [Google]
katherine pretty hair.jpg
323 KB, 1280x1770
>>68648569
Could be hard though with her in Mortal Instruments.

Also, I don't see Iron Man in the film as a bad thing. Makes me think Disney is in control and right now I have confidence in them.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 416x416
>>68647478

Based Sony is sabotaging the MCU from the inside using their most beloved character to do it

Amy Pascal is the hero we deserve.
>>
>>68647478
>>Sony still has creative control
HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR SPIDEY REBOOT?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.