[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lin and Pegg provide new Star Trek Beyond details
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: startrekbeyond.jpg (24 KB, 575x324) Image search: [Google]
startrekbeyond.jpg
24 KB, 575x324
Lin:
>I felt like it was important to really deconstruct the idea of Star Trek, the idea of the Federation and why it’s special. We’ll really be poking at a lot of different things.

Pegg:
>They've come to rest at a Federation outpost, a sort of diplomatic hub...We're gathering a great community within the galaxy, but to what end? What does it all mean?

>Set once more in the rebooted Trek universe established by J.J. Abrams, Beyond finds Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura and the rest two years into their famous five-year mission. And, truth be told, the voyage is wearing on them. Their momentary R&R is interrupted by Idris Elba's blue-faced alien antagonist Krall, who instead of showing his distaste for the Federation's ideals and reach through a strongly-worded letter to his local council, decides to unleash violence upon the poor Enterprise and its crew.
>>
>Star Trek 2017 news just gets better and better
>Star Trek Beyond news just gets worse and worse
As it should be.
>>
>>68640010
Eh, this movie sounds better than Into Darkness at any rate.
>>
>>68639166
>3 films in
>still haven't cast new picard
>>
>>68640193
You already know the right guy for the big role. Getting casted will just be part of his plan.
>>
>that retarded flashlight from Prometheus
>>
>>68640010
>>Star Trek 2017 news just gets better and better
If that bullshit about it being between TNG and TOS is untrue, then sure, I might agree with you.

Not so sure, because of that staple (which I haven't read since whether is was true or not), and >Kurtzman
>>
>>68639166
For me, these shitty new Star Trek movies are all alternative universe movies. It gives me some hope there's still the TOS/TNG/Voyager/Enterprise/Continues universe still kicking around somewhere.
>>
>>68640527
>Continues
Next on the list to be shut down.
>>
>>68640527
>for me
They are explicitly alternate universe, you're not special for realising the obvious
>>
Didn't the movie go into massive reshoots? I hear we'll get a new trailer at a fan event next month. About time the marketing actually started.
>>
Any word on whether the new TV series will be in the canon universe or the reboot bullshit?

Pls say canon
>>
>>68641907
http://collider.com/star-trek-beyond-new-trailer-fan-event/
>>
>>68641948
http://www.slashfilm.com/new-star-trek-tv-series-details/
>>
>>68640247
Who?
>>
File: 95-155_V2.jpg (243 KB, 1103x1800) Image search: [Google]
95-155_V2.jpg
243 KB, 1103x1800
>>68639166
??????????????????
>>
>>68642047
Oh fuck bb, that's perfect

>far enough to get away from Enterprise bs
>just before the tech started getting too Deus Ex Machina
>>
>>68640271
this one?>>68642183
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.