[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides the original Godzilla what movies would /tv/ consider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 05dvd1650.jpg (704 KB, 2825x2079) Image search: [Google]
05dvd1650.jpg
704 KB, 2825x2079
Besides the original Godzilla what movies would /tv/ consider essential kaijukino?
>>
Gamera Heisei trilogy

Godzilla vs Mothra (original, but remake is good)

Terror of Mechagodzilla

Rodan

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

All certified kino
>>
>kino

I really should filter that word.

Sheep who parrot shit because they think it sounds cool both bore and sicken me
>>
>>68624263
return to plebbit then and leave us to discuss fine cinema in peace
>>
File: godzilla hospital.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
godzilla hospital.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>68624263
what the hell means kino?

well, fuck that. This is a Godzilla thread.
>>
File: beastfrom20000fathoms-large-jpg.jpg (115 KB, 760x536) Image search: [Google]
beastfrom20000fathoms-large-jpg.jpg
115 KB, 760x536
Would pre-Godzilla monsters like King Kong and Rhedosaurus count?
>>
King Kong rules
>>
>>68624149
GMK

Godzilla 1985

Godzilla Final Wars
>>
>>68624547

I miss this scene so much
>>
>>68624547
whoa, brutal. This must be from the G'85 movie? Has that ever been released in English? Is there a rip somewhere?
>>
>>68624547

>Godzilla will never be this hardcore again

Feels bad, man.

>>68628500

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack!

You can tell from his eyes (all white)
>>
File: 1461119293812.png (598 KB, 1366x571) Image search: [Google]
1461119293812.png
598 KB, 1366x571
Today I will remind them.
>>
>>68629452
it looks truly terrifying, a bit like Rancor from Jedi in my opinion, at least the teeth.
>>
>>68624050
In terms of actual artistic merit, I'd say GMK followed by G85. The rest are mostly excellent genre movies but critics will never take them seriously.

I think the first two Daimajin films are fantastic and stand up as supernatural period pieces, but they never get much attention. Funnily enough they have nice blu ray release.

>>68628500
It's GMK, which is on region 2 DVD.

G85 has never had a legit released outside Japan, but there are plenty of places you can buy a bootleg. Though you may as well torrent it.
>>
>>68624263
no, please don't! We'd miss you!
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (3 MB, 1662x2304) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
3 MB, 1662x2304
Submitted for /tv/ approval, what do you think? Should I add influential American movies like Kong?
>>
>>68629844
Daimajin was surprisingly good. The third is fairly goofy, getting into "friend of all children" territory, but holds up in the end.
>>
File: kaijukino.jpg (587 KB, 948x1820) Image search: [Google]
kaijukino.jpg
587 KB, 948x1820
>>68630587
>>68630158

shit that's not the pic
>>
File: kaiju movies.png (1 MB, 1110x1344) Image search: [Google]
kaiju movies.png
1 MB, 1110x1344
>>68630158
Looks pretty good, nice variety of Toho, Daiei and Ultraman. I'd leave off Kong because then it's general monster movies, kaiju movies have their own style.

I made this a while ago as a general guide since there's already a few for Godzilla.

>>68630439
>The third is fairly goofy, getting into "friend of all children" territory, but holds up in the end.
Strange, considering how closely it followed the others that were pretty adult. And yeah, the ending on the mountain is great and brings it back to form.
>>
vs. Hedorah is the only other actual art film, for the most part.

The best Godzilla movies though are:

Invasion of the Astro Monster
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla
The Terror of MechaGodzilla

Return of Godzilla
Godzilla vs Biollante
Godzilla vs Destroyah

Godzilla 2000
GMK

All of them are worth watching, and in varying degrees are better than others.

You should also check out the Gamera series. Even though they are mostly subpar films, they have better sets, cinematography, and actual gore until Toho caught up in the 70s. 90s Gamera films are legit great though
>>
>>68630158
Yo, I'm sorry but the original Gamera is a terrible film. The worst in its series by far. Also Destroy All Monsters isn't that good and Idk why people love it so much. Ghidorah the 3 Headed Monster and Astro Monster are much better
>>
>>68631119
3 headed monster is fucking dogshit that focuses on the unlikable human cast and the retarded spy / space princess subplot and the monsters barely have anything to do with anything going on
>>
>>68631154
I just like the scenes at the mountain mainly
Also Ghidorah never has much to do with what's going on. He is always a minion under the control of aliens, but is talked up to be the ultimate evil and Godzilla's nemesis. He's just a pawn though, and DAM is the best example of that (or worst, I guess). Totally underwhelming villain and a lazy, pathetic final fight in that film
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.