[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they make a TV or web series of Batman in thi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: arkham-1.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arkham-1.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1080
Why don't they make a TV or web series of Batman in this style and atmosphere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnB6FkImT5s

Best capekino experience and it's wasted on a vidya.

>tons of villains, not just one central one
>tons of action
>fight scenes are amazing and unlike any movie from any universe
>tons of emotion
>still some quips and humor mixed in
>great story

I'd watch this any day over the Flash and Arrow and that awful shit.
>>
>>68623276
Arkham Origins was fucking horrible. The Rocksteady games are GOAT though
>>
That guy directed this made Deadpool instead.
>>
What's all this "Kino" shit from?

I would prefer a Batman series than a movie anyways. TV lets you get away with the sort of fucked up shit batman should be shown fighting.
What are the odds you'll get something as edgy as the Joker actually being Joker, or the Dollmaker making Ted Bundy style skin costumes?
>>
>>68623365
>I would prefer a Batman series than a movie anyways. TV lets you get away with the sort of fucked up shit batman should be shown fighting.

A TV series using the CGI style of the Arkham series and the fight scenes would be amazing.

It seems to be the only iteration of Batman that does him justice. The villains are actually fucked up and the fighting is actually intense.
>>
Have you not seen Flash and Arrow?

I doubt DC/Warner are dumb enough to bring down the last 2 potential money makers down that low
>>
>>68623404
Here's a goo example: Scarecrow
>Batman Begins: Crane puts on his sack and the best "halucination" they could come up with was shakey cam
>Arkham Asylum: Batman gets stuck with some fear toxin and visualises Gordon getting dragged off and murdered, his parent's corpses taunting him, endless streams of paper flying all over the place and a giant Scarecrow that literally swats him like a fly if he's seen
Now imagine that in a TV series where they could get away with even more mind fuckingly trippy stuff?
The Dark Knight trilogy kind of sucked
>>
>>68623485
>Have you not seen Flash and Arrow?

Yepp, its awful.

>>68623518
That's one prime example.

Batman Begins, great movie, although completely ruined the scarecrow character.

The Arkham series actually has me believing the Scarecrow is a menacing and terrifying villain.
>>
>>68623365
Bundy didn't make skin costumes. That was Ed Gein.
>>
>>68623598
You get the idea. WB wouldn't dare put a serial killer who makes skin suits of his victims in a fight with Batfleck but a TV series version probably would
>>
will they ever make a batman where he fights morgan edge and maxwell lord
>>
>>68623518
>YEAH DUDE! WEED!
Fuck you.
>>
I wonder why the Arkham games just fit so well into a comic book universe.

I don't question the existence of a character like Freeze in the games and take it just as seriously as the Nolan films.
>>
>>68623774
very presumptuous of you
>>
>>68623878
Because they do it correctly.

No other live action has done it correctly.

Scarecrow was a joke in Batman begins, and as "menacing" as Bane was in TDKR, his voice was fucking retarded and he was just another human really.

The Joker in TDK was the only acceptable one but even he wasn't as edgy or dark as he is in Arkham series.

The villains are done so well in the Arkham series.
>>
>>68623276
Vidya can be up to 100 hours long. 3 hours is long for a movie.
>>
>>68623878
>I wonder why the Arkham games just fit so well into a comic book universe.

Because Rocksteady are clearly fans of the material. Only thing that was dumb was the Arkham Knight, and that honestly felt like someone from on high with a dumb idea mandated that.

I want them to make a Superman game where I can enter low earth orbit.
>>
people who use the word "vidya" should be dragged into the street and beaten to death
>>
Asylum and Knight Scarecrow were practically completely different characters and yet they were both GOAT.
>>
>>68627798
it was Johns idea, one of the higher up at DC.
he is also the one in charge of the Batman solo movie
>>
I feel like Batman is too big of a character to get a tv show.
>>
>>68623518
Scarecrow's design in this alone was fucking horrifying, and I kind of loved it.
>those fucking Freddy Kruger hand needles
Seriously, that shit's cool as hell.
>>
>>68627798
>He's an entirely new character!
>but it's literally Jason Todd
>n-no, h-he's never been in a game before
>yeah, I know, Jason Todd
>w-we promise it's not Jason Todd

>it was literally fucking Jason Todd all along

wew
>>
>>68628719
>he is also the one in charge of the Batman solo movie
scared.jpg
>>
>>68629166
he had a new costume, this makes him a new character
>>
File: 1459679495808.png (77 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1459679495808.png
77 KB, 268x284
>>68629212
>In an interview with Newsarama, when asked if the Arkham Knight was either an entirely new character or simply new to the Batman: Arkham series, Rocksteady Studios developer Dax Ginn responded with, "Completely original. Batman has not encountered him before, so this is a completely original design and role that the Arkham Knight brings."
>>
>>68629305
Well what do you expect from a guy named Dax
>>
>>68629305
>"Completely original. Batman has not encountered him before, so this is a completely original design and role that the Arkham Knight brings."

Well, it's true. That Batman never met someone called Arkham Knight before :^)
>>
I wish Arkham Knight delved deeper into the weird post Bruce Batman shit instead of wasting its time with badly retelling Under The Red Hood.

Nightmare Batman is sp-sp-spooky.
>>
>>68629594
the dlc was a total waste too
no one acting as if anything happened or maybe just having a line about it to make fun/criticize Bruce
>>
video games are the new kino

get with the times grandpa
>>
File: will-ferrell-zoolander.jpg (20 KB, 520x276) Image search: [Google]
will-ferrell-zoolander.jpg
20 KB, 520x276
>>68623518
Television doesn't have the budget for that shit. Even Daredevil is mostly courtroom drama and girlfriend bullshit with a hand full of fight scenes.
>>
File: 1460894146579.png (91 KB, 282x264) Image search: [Google]
1460894146579.png
91 KB, 282x264
>>68623308
>implying arkham knight was good
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.