[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Scarjo in Ghost in The Shell >"OMG, WHITE APPROPRIATION!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Valkyrie.jpg (57 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie.jpg
57 KB, 736x414
>Scarjo in Ghost in The Shell
>"OMG, WHITE APPROPRIATION! YOU'RE ALL SUCH RACIST PIGS!"

>A nigger playing pic related
>"This is absolutely fine. Go back to /pol/ and cry, little white racists lol xD"

The left is a mental disease.
>>
>>68273887
I want all capeshitters to jump off a cliff
>>
File: bane.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>Batman's ultimate foe is a Hispanic luchador
>they cast a white English guy
>immediate meme material
>>
At what point did they ever confirm that chick was Valkyrie? She's just as likely to be Monica Rambeau. Which would actually be great, since Monica's one of my favorite marvel characters.
>>
>>68273996
No she isn't considering its a Thor movie you fucking retard
>>
It's a rumor. And you only made this thread to shitpost, not because you're outraged or offended.
>>
>>68273887
>Idris Elba in Thor
>"OMG, SOCIAL JUSTICE RETARDS! YOU'RE ALL SUCH KEKS!"

>All white cast in Gods of Egypt
>"This is absolutely fine. Go back to tumblr and cry, SJW babbies XD"

/pol/cucks are actually this stupid
>>
>>68274047
Nigger it's a cosmic Thor movie. She could also just be an alien. And secondly, when have Valkyrie and Thor ever fucked? And don't give me that Loeb garbage in Ultimate, that was shit and not even Valkyrie.
>>
>>68273887

Yes, whitewashing is a morally wrong, racist practice because it's taking much needed space away from the minority and giving it to the oppressive majority. The opposite doesn't do that. Glad you understand how basic societal power structures work.
>>
It's actually the opposite, /tv/ is down with Scarlett as Major, using the whole "she's a robot," as justification, while going batshit over the Thor casting.
>>
>>68273887
>>68273996
>>68274098
>>68274119

Why do you guys get into all this comic book lore?

Couldn't you read about real-life history or something?
>>
>>68273887
>The left is a mental disease.

You're getting upset with the casting choices of blockbusters and the reactions of an anime imageboard, go outside for a while
>>
>>68274182
>go outside for a while

This is your solution to everything yet it solves nothing.
>>
>>68274109

this
>>
racism = prejudice + power
>>
>>68273922
First post best post

Capeshit is a mental disease
>>
>The left is a mental disease.

No shit.

They're curretly freaking out in my state over men not being allowed to use the Women's Restroom.
>>
>>68274109
Egyptian gods were Aryans from Thule.
>>
>>68274109

But it wasn't?...
>>
>>68274119
Valkyrie is a lesbian but if you honest to god think fucking Ms Marvel is going to be in this movie you're retarded and your reasoning isn't any less stupid with elaboration
>>
>>68274233
If that's how you feel, it'a because you haven't done it for long enough yet.

Please stay off this website for 60 days.

Don't you miss your old friends?

We're all worried about you.
>>
>>68274312
>Monica Rambeau
>Ms. Marvel
Nigga please
>>
>>68274109
*insert pic of SJW cuck complaining about whitewashing and someone replies the actor is actually egyptian*
>>
>>68273887
Maybe because people of color are marginalized and don't normally get roles? Do you realize how skewed Hollywood is in favor of whites? It is WAAAAY out of proportion to their population so don't even go there

But yeah, it's going to be really hard for the pretty white actress who would have played this role to get another one. The tragedy!
>>
>>68274317

They all moved away or died.

I don't even care about these casting choices, I just don't think "go outside" is a cure-all.
>>
>>68274109

Gods of Egypt had a cast full of blacks and non-white Europeans. Are you retarded?
>>
File: Shiggy.jpg (50 KB, 723x633) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy.jpg
50 KB, 723x633
>>68274109
Except not only was it not all white, but the gods themselves aren't even portrayed as non-whites in any traditional medium. Egypt has always been a melting pot of Arabs, Africans, and Mediterraneans.

A Valkyrie literally cannot be any more whiter, considering it comes from the mythos of a completely white secular part of the world that was isolated from non-whites for thousands of years.

You may as well get a deeply-seeded African god from deepest darkest Africa and portray them as a white person.
>>
>>68273887
it will only ever be okay if Marvel does it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.