[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate this show, /tv/? Hard mode: don't use the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138 KB, 1367x888) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138 KB, 1367x888
Why do you hate this show, /tv/?

Hard mode: don't use the word "reddit"
>>
Very similar to a popular link sharing site that uses "karma" as a token of status
>>
>>68272213
It's a good show. The theme is great too
>>
>>68272213

It's boring and panders to 20-somethings who think their life is harder than it is.
>>
reddit is thataway
>>
>>68272213
I don't hate it. I think it's a very apt character study of someone who is manically depressed.
>>
Reddit
>>
Because without ever having seen it I can not only tell I don't like it, but I REALLY don't fucking like the animation.

Also grow the fuck up. I'll watch kill la kill and adventure time unironically, do you think some porkpie on a image board will change this let alone bother me?
>>
because tv is full of shills
>>
>>68272213
I love this show, can't wait for season 3
>>
I don't hate it, its a great show. That episode at the end of S2 where he was caught trying to fuck his friend's daughter was crazy. As common as antihero/flawed main characters are in television nowadays, they did a great job of making Bojack out to be a terrible person
>>
>>68272256
This. It isn't a 'funny' show. It's actually pretty dramatic and serious.
You really do feel for Bojack. He's a dickhole, but he's not I'll intentioned.
He's just broken and lost and doesn't really know how to be a good person despite how hard he tries.
>>
The animation is creepy as fuck to me for some reason, anyone else ?
>>
>>68272213
>DUDE IM A DEPRESSED ASSHOLE LMAO
>>
well the animation and art direction is shit
also the protagonist deserves every bad thing that happens to him for being such a selfish asshole, though that's kind of the point
actually, other than diane all characters seem like unlikable selfish assholes
>>
>>68272542
Yeah, I feel like a lot of people judge this show as a comedy when it's really a drama with comedic elements.
>>
>>68272213
Its decent without being good, hard to describe really.

I think I audibly chuckled once in the entirety of the show. Tries to salvage itself too much on "Dude i'm like having problems and here's a long winded arc on how to fix it lmao"
>>
>>68272742
That's the point though.
Bojack CAN'T fix his life, because he's fundamentally broken from the start.
He just tries to emulate what everyone else is doing. He tries out things that he THINKS will fix his life, but they don't and it propels himself further into depression and feelings of emptiness.
That's why he watches rerun after rerun of his show, because in his TV world, life was simple to him and made sense. It's pure escapism. It's what he clings to to keep him going.
And whenever he learns how real life actually is when he tries something from his show the impact hits him hard because the illusion is temporarily broken.
>>
>>68272735
>judge this show as a comedy

I can't imagine why anyone would judge a show that devotes more screentime to their clumsy attempts at humor than 'drama' as a bad comedy.

The BEST that can be said about Bohack is that it TRIES to be good. It incorporates a running continuity and something of an overarching narrative. If the show was in the hands of a more consummate director Bojack might really have been a good show.

Unfortunately, Bojack is NOT in the hands of a professional and it shows. The drama is blunt. The humor is ponderous.

Hopefully Bojack's lasting achievement will be to open up the doors of the animation industry to more talented predecessors who want to make mature animation in the US.
>>
>>68272213
Because they watch the first three episodes and drop it. Can you blame them? The first three episodes are fucking garbage.
>>
>>68272213

liberal propaganda, as any other tv show.
>>
>>68273108
this. they were a fucking chore to get through but I stuck with the show and it really paid off in the end. Great show.
>>
I quite like this show. I remember seeing it in my queue and ignoring it for a good year, mainly because the animation style was off-putting and one of its selling points is having jesse "YEAH BITCH" pinkman as a VA. Finally gave it a shot on a hungover Sunday and proceeded to finish both seasons within 3 days.

I really wish Flaked was never made though, because Will Arnett basically took Bojack Horseman's character, converted him to live action, and then took out all of the humor and put in 150% drama. Flaked is a terrible, horrible show
>>
>>68273095
The thing is though, the show is pretty smart. It styles itself like a bad sitcom because it reflects Bojacks life and career. He is a living bad joke. That's the point.
The drama is forced because he forces it. Because he can't live without it. He can't just be happy and content with living like his 'ripoff' can, so he sabotages it constantly.
>>
>>68273256
>The drama is forced because he forces it

The drama is forced because the writers don't know how to write realistic drama.

Take Bojack's childhood for instance. How would you show that Bojack had a troubled & unhappy childhood? Would you let the audience glean it from his strained relationship with his mother? Drop hints through exchanges Bojack has with the rest of the cast? Or would you make like the Bojack writers and do a flashback where his mother delivers a long trite monologue that hammers the viewer over the face with her horribleness?

There is no subtly or nuance in Bojack.
>>
>>68273487
>he doesn't find Bojack's childhood flashbacks hilarious
How over-the-top they are is part of the comedy. It would be a lot less funny of young Bojack wasn't constantly wearing a sailor outfit.

It's not like people are praising the drama from those scenes anyway.
>>
>Dad gets Netflix
>Bojack's one of the first shows he sees
>Likes the crappy earlier episodes
>Hates how it gets dramatic in the later episodes
>Doesn't even finish the first season
>>
>>68273555
It's kind of the point as well. Bojack thinks he's a special snowflake when he's really just a walking stereotype of a 'struggling artist'.
The show mocks him for it constantly and he's kind of self-aware of it, but he then buries that with a shitload of alcohol and distracts himself with the over-the-top shenanigans that surrounds him.
>>
it's a good show

but the "feels" are way overrated and ham-fisted

the REAL reason to watch Bojack is because it's funny

sit on a sharp dick, you pieces of shit
>>
>>68272213

I fucking LOVE Bojack.

But it really does rip off the constant visual gags and animal-people from Ugly Americans.

Fight me.
>>
File: 1457995749789.gif (967 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457995749789.gif
967 KB, 500x281
>>68272213
I don't hate it, it's just not a very good show. It tries to be comedy and a hard drama at the same time and ends up not being particularly good at either aspects. Most of the jokes fall flat on their face and the drama is soap-opera tier with the characters spelling out how they feel and why that is.
>>
The characters are unoriginal and not complex enough for it to work as a drama o to have much variety as a comedy.
>>
it starts off too slowly and makes everyone who doesn't give it enough time assume its just a shitty cartoon with no depth, the good episodes come in later in both seasons
>>
>is that a broom or a gun
>>
>>68272213
Because whenever you think there's going to be a moment of nuance and subtlety the characters just blurt out the point of the episode in some retarded monologue and then proceed to learn literally nothing from that monologue
for example Bojack always wonders why he's unhappy yet in pretty much every episode he has a whole spiel about why he isn't happy well fuck him then cause then he's just being unhappy on purpose and maybe if that was the point it would be clever but no the show is about his search for happiness
>>
People think the drama is good, because they were expecting Family Guy and got something slightly better. If it was live action no one would give a shit.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.