[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghost in the Shell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18
File: 1460641528957.jpg (131 KB, 636x710) Image search: [Google]
1460641528957.jpg
131 KB, 636x710
There's absolutely nothing wrong with ScarJo playing Motoko and I'm going to elaborate:

>Pic related looks nothing like Motoko
it looks as good as 3dpd can get, and you know it

>she's not played by an asian
The characters look nothing like asian

>of course they don't, it's animation, no anime character looks asian, but the the movie is set in asia so they are obviously asian
You forget the movie is set in fictional future, where people if they want can change their entire biological body for a new artificial one, and god knows asians would never do stuff like dying their hair blonde and getting plastic surgeries to look more western.
Not to mention except the look of the city I didn't feel any asian culture in the the original movie, as I said nobody looked asian, lot's of blonde/brunet people, everybody dressed western, acted western etc.

>but ScarJo is a shit actress, her acting is robotic and emotionless
Which is exactly how Motoko is in the original movie, not to mention ScarJo has a lot of experience playing badass chicks.

Now only if they don't deviate too much from the original material, it could turn pretty good, but I don't have high hopes for that
>>
>>68268300
She's a slut
>>
File: 1429998099335.jpg (110 KB, 854x688) Image search: [Google]
1429998099335.jpg
110 KB, 854x688
>>68268315

you forgot to attach an evans pic with that post, don't worry I got you covered
>>
My question is did Rupert Sanders plowed her?
>>
>There's absolutely nothing wrong with ScarJo playing Motoko
Except the fact that ScarJo is a terrible actress.
>>
>>68268448
>le i have only seen the avengers
>>
it's a fucking anime, those people in animes look more like white people than asian in fact THEY LOOK NOTHING LIKE ASIAN
>>
>>68268300
Why do they have scarjo playing an obviously male anime character?
>>
>>68268485
Yeah, should have Got elizabeth Olsen, she's already stole her avengers thunder
>>
>>68268532
Under the Skin you weebpleb
>>
File: 1456719245571.jpg (61 KB, 721x720) Image search: [Google]
1456719245571.jpg
61 KB, 721x720
>Hollywood is making GitS

>I have to sit through my favorite animated film getting defaced by SJW messages

this is like some kind of fucking nightmare Hollyjews even got their grubby mits on Japanese stuff now
>>
It would be ok for the actress to look nothing like the Major. Except ScarJo, in addition to looking nothing like her, is literally a middle aged frumpy Jew woman with characteristically protruding facial bones.

Nobody here has issues with caucasoid actresses being cast, apart from few autists, it's just that casing ScarJo specifically is a supremely awful choice.

Are you seriously considering her some box office powerhouse? Nobody gives a shit about her.

Remember that awesome action film Lucy?
>>
>>68268699
>I have to sit through
No you don't.
>>
>>68268300
>absolutely nothing wrong
If there really wasn't, there'd be no reason to have to set up a multi-tier argument to force/convince others. Doesn't make sense to have to try so hard if it was "absolute".
>>
>>68268746
yes I do
>>
>>68268783

I'm just trying to cure some people of their autism
>>
>>68268300
Gotta agree that ScarJo is good casting here. Between Black Widow/Lucy type roles and her work in Under the Skin, it's clear why they would cast her.
>>
>>68268315
So's Kusanagi
>literally offered to /ss/ with some street kid she knew for like a day
>>
>>68268918
/ss/ is pure you fucc
>>
>>68268300
Motoko is Asian and she looks Asian. Even if she didnt look Asian you should assume characters with Japanese names living and working in Japan are Japanese. If you didnt anyone could make the argument all the kids in Nisekoi, Non Non Byori, KumoMiko, Azumanga Dioh, and SZS are all white.

Scarjo is a fat, ugly shitty actress who cant play Black Widow right and probably cant even pronounce transhumanism much less understand it.
>>
>>68268813
Then don't cry, if you claim that this will fuck up your beloved source material and you are willing to give your money to the 'hollyjews' then you are a part of the problem.
>>
>>68268918
>/ss/
If only antje traue or Eva green were in this id watch
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1200x600
Here's why I don't like scarjo as Motoko.

Her tits are too big and her body is too doughy, you need someone who can believably pull off gymnastics level athleticism.

You need someone who can project hardcore military level authority, scarjo is a shit actress.

Pic related would have been a better choice.
>>
>>68268699
I'm gonna be furious when the inevitable Akira cash grab happens.
>>
>>68268448
99% of Motoko is staring blankly at something, a fucking KStew could play that
>>
>>68269089
It's been happening for like 5 years, don't doubt it will eventually rise from production hell.
>>
Scarlett is this generation's Milla Jojovich
>>
File: 565.jpg (18 KB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
18 KB, 565x318
i don't give a shit about ghost in the shell but you have to be a legit retard to not see that this character has an asian facial structure. look at the shallowness of the bridge and the line from the eyes to the mouth. now look at scarjo
>>
>>68269041

Oh fuck of with that creature, she looks even less like Motoko than ScarJo
Also Motoko has pretty big boobs, and ScarJo's boobs are a lot smaller now
>>
>>68269202
What I mean is scarjo doesn't seem fit, fit enough to believably and realistically pull off "gymnastics level athleticism". She's too soft looking.
>>
>>68268300
I hope the movie has a gratuitous lesbians scene with makoto, as in line with the manga.
>>
>Pleb Alone Complex
>good
Reminder that anything past the original movie is shit
>>
>>68269315
>Arise
kek, next you'll be using Innocence.

She looks like a Russian jew, checkmate yellow fags
>>
>>68269315

Nobody gives a shit about alternative series, and OP as most of people here was obviously talking about the original 1995 movie
>>
>>68269382
>robot
>believable
>>
File: mad brute.jpg (166 KB, 1191x779) Image search: [Google]
mad brute.jpg
166 KB, 1191x779
>>68268918
>mfw that little faggot rejected the Major
>mfw the anime copuld have done a Mezzo/Aika and put a reals ex scene
>mfw we got fucking blueballed
I'm still mad as fuck.
>>
File: Motoko.jpg (72 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
Motoko.jpg
72 KB, 1024x600
What are you seeing on this face that makes you think she's Asian?
>>
If you have a problem with this, you are a liberal scumbag race baiting piece of shit. Everyone freaking out over this, but no one gives a shit about Tessa Thompson playing Valkyrie, I'm sure it will be celebrated that Tessa will play Valkyrie.
>>
>>68269476
You're right, she's a robot, I mean Motoko could be played by Lena Dunham, Rebel Wilson, Melissa Mcarthy, or Amy Schumers body type and it wouldn't even matter because Motoko is a robot, right?
>>
>>68269542
haircut
>>
File: tankhatch.gif (2 MB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
tankhatch.gif
2 MB, 500x279
What the fuck is the point of remaking one of the most artistically accomplished animus of all time?
It won't be anywhere as good, there won't be a ghost city scene, or picrelated. Fans will be buttdamaged, normies won't give a shit about womyn driven sci-fi, it will flop horribly
>>
>>68268300
>implying she's playing Motoko Kusanagi
She's playing Major Monica Kasanowski
>>
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Ghost in the Shell
>Yukikaze
So, we're in for a decade of Japanese sci-fi adaptations? L-Legend of the Galactic Heroes please, Hollywood-sempai
>>
>>68268918
/ss/ is literally god tier
>>
>>68270314

Now how Serial Experiments Lain kino would look like?
>>
>>68270767

A sequel to lucy?
>>
THE LAUGHING MAN IS KUZE

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160414005815/en/Paramount-Pictures-DreamWorks-Pictures’-“GHOST-SHELL”-Production
>>
File: This is a superhero in the MCU.jpg (134 KB, 640x889) Image search: [Google]
This is a superhero in the MCU.jpg
134 KB, 640x889
Is there anyone she won't do?
>>
>>68268300
Your last point fails.

Just because Motoko is robotic and cold, doesn't mean there's a sense of humanity behind her. The SAC series covers her quite well and paints her different then the first film.

ScarJo CAN NOT act. Simple. There has to be a slight sense of conviction in the character and I don't have the faith in her to show that without making greatly obvious or missing it completely.

And just because she's played badass before doesn't mean it should apply here. Watch Lucy and you'll see how she's most likely going to play Motoko. She was dreadful in that movie and it's worrying because ScarJo's range is quite limited.

Now as for Batou, I love the actor they choose but just not for this role. You wait. Once they debut an image of him, fans will rage harder due to him looking nothing like the character we imagined. Also worried about Beat as Aramaki.
Laughing Man, I'm not too concerned with. Pitt is a strange, good actor and I think he'll nail the role.

Now my main question is the shooting location. They're filming in Wellington. So does that mean it'll be a stand in for a made up cyberpunk world or is it the new fill in for Japan?
>>
>>68268713
>Are you seriously considering her some box office powerhouse? Nobody gives a shit about her.
>Remember that awesome action film Lucy?
the one with budget 40m and box offices 450?
>>
>>68270314
Psycho Pass when.
>>
>>68271400

Pitt is now listed as Kuze, they're merging the characters.
>>
>>68269315
>Arise
triggered
>>
Hi, I'm Lasaru Ratuere, and I'm playing a member of Section 9.
>>
>>68271321
sit on my cock
>>
>>68270314
>still no Camerons Battle Angel Alita
>>
>>68268969
>pink nipples
>asian
>>
>>68271535
We'll never get it.
A) he's busy with the Avatar franchise until 2023
B) he handed over to Robert Rodriquez to green screen the whole thing
>>
Where can I find the trailer that you got that screenshot from?
>>
>>68271438
about 5 years, when they run out of all the not-completely-shit anime to adapt (and fuck up)
>>
>>68271499
Ishikawa. Calling it.

>>68271450
B-but why?
>>
>>68268300
Scarjo is excusable, but take a look at the rest of the production cast, especially the director.

This movie is going to be fucking awful.

I'm still hoping it's just some nasty joke and they're not actually making it.
>>
File: o_733041.jpg (18 KB, 591x335) Image search: [Google]
o_733041.jpg
18 KB, 591x335
Scarlet's eyes are too small (in proportions), she's short and she can't act. Otherwise it's a good choice.
>>
>>68268300
>it looks as good as 3dpd can get, and you know it
she looks like the average fat american, plus she can't even act
>>
>>68271321
Good films
>>
Whatever Motoko's actual ethnicity is doesn't fucking matter because she's literally just an e-brain.
And considering Japan's obsession with western civilization, a Jap using a body designed to look like an American female isn't that farfetched in a cybernetic near-future.

Morans.

ScarJo is still shit tho
>>
>>68271679
She is not fit. Ever heard: "runs like a girl?"
>>
whats the budget of this flick?
and whats the budget for the anno hideaki gojira flick?
>>
>>68271723
yeah let's just cast an abbo or a subsaharan niggress
shouldn't matter, right?
>>
>>68269773
This scene is what comes to mind every time I see news about the remake. There's no way they'll do that tank fight justice
>>
File: pVdL-ABC.jpg (114 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pVdL-ABC.jpg
114 KB, 900x900
>>68269542

I believe her original ethnicity is likely Japanese, but her cybernetic body looks to be Eurasian in appearance.

Either way, ScarJo was the wrong fucking choice. The only reason she's been chosen is because the producers don't believe they could otherwise make even by relying on GitS fans alone. No, they have to throw some well-known, amateur celeb with big , fake titties and a recognisable ass in order to draw in the familiar teenage boy crowd.

Should have got a haafu actor..
>>
>>68272351
She is not really eurasian.
She is made to look like a human size doll, reason why Oshii made her eyes so big and cold compared to other characters. Besides if Oshii wants to represent a character with japanese features he does, like in GB, patlabor 2, or even his collaboration on Jin-Roh
>>
The Aeon Flux movie sucked balls, but seeing Charlize Theron in this kind of getup kind of makes me think that if she were younger she would have made a really good Motoko.
>>
>>68268300
>if they don't deviate too much from the original material

>Laughing Man already confirmed to be merged with Kuze's character

It's shit.
>>
>>68269152
>I have only watched the 1995 movie
>>
>>68271964
It's not a remake, it has a new plot that seems to be taking from both SAC seasons, tank fight probably won't be in it.
>>
>>68272508
I honestly don't get this. It's not like the audience needs an actor/face to connect to the Laughing Man. Why combine two separate storylines, when you can save that shit for the sequel if all goes well?
>>
>>68268300
The problem isn't the casting, the problem is this could be another Dragonball: Evolution; a generic popcorn flick disguised as an adaptation. The original GitS is slow paced and methodical. American audiences don't want that. They want chase scenes and quips.
>>
>>68272645
Even if they wanted to give Laughing Man a different identity they could've just come up with a new character. Why do they have to go and ruin the brilliance that was Kuze? They definitely won't have time to build up his relationship with the Major in this one movie. Ugh.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 620x932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 620x932
>>68272351
>and a recognisable ass
When I think of Motoko, somehow I never imagined cottage cheese thighs and ass.
>>
>>68272762
It's going to be brutal.

Part of me believes the sequel will then move on to the '95 film but expand greatly on the story.

As for Arise, I have no clue about it. Heard awful things about it. Not sure where to start. IF I should do the OVAs or try the episodes. Part of me wants to say fuck it since Sabat is voicing Batou.
>>
So how am i supposed to watch GITS? there are like 3 animes + the movie (or movies, i don't know)
>>
File: the sanders.jpg (193 KB, 900x1024) Image search: [Google]
the sanders.jpg
193 KB, 900x1024
>>68272739
>leave animekino to me
>>
>>68272936
Watch the 1995 film and it's sequel, Innocence. Then watch SAC 1+2, followed by Solid State Society.
Pass on AAA.

All three series are disconnected from each other and different takes on the manga (though not direct story retellings).
>>
>All these people buttfrustrated that they cast a white girl to play a character that looks like a white girl.

Lmao okay let's just pretend that casting choices aren't made to 1) get notable actors that will attract consumers to see the movie and 2) look like the character they're trying to portray and get an Asian because feelings.

Hey how come no one bought tickets for the live action adaptation of a niche anime movie from the 90's? If only we had some way to attract people other than the minority of fans who already watched it - hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>68272764

Yeah well, neither did I but that's what we're getting.
>>
File: pepe.png (48 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
48 KB, 500x464
This is going to flop like Gods of Egypt
>>
File: 1460307935448.jpg (495 KB, 1305x1265) Image search: [Google]
1460307935448.jpg
495 KB, 1305x1265
>>68268300
Have you read the script for this film? It leaked and its garbage. The Major is the whole other character.
>>
So is Ghost In The Shell the Blade Runner of anime
>Both have pretty shallow story
>Both have amazing visuals
>Both have great soundtracks
>>
>>68273163
If you're going by the GitS movie, yeah it's kind of shallow. But the first show is far from shallow.
>>
>>68270314
>code geass never
>>
>>68273135
Haven't read it but found out that the original draft was from some nobody who's only credit is Street Kings. Then it's be rewritten by another nobody who was behind Straight Outta Compton.

Ew.
>>
File: 1376528972272.jpg (14 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1376528972272.jpg
14 KB, 264x240
>Fidelity is not important
>It's good that she's a terrible actress who stars in capeshit and box office bombs because her robotic (GET IT?) acting will give the movie that all important fidelity to the source material!
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.