[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American don't know how make good fight scene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: the raid 2.png (296 KB, 625x293) Image search: [Google]
the raid 2.png
296 KB, 625x293
And yes daredevil fight scene suck
>>
agreed
>>
True
>>
>>68268249
No shit
>>
>>68268249
>And yes daredevil fight scene suck
Sure thing nigger
>>
>>68268249

they should have had it be that that guy was the one who killed his brother so the fight had more emotional impact
>>
>>68268249

It's because the guys in the Raid films actually beat each other up a bit. Not as bad as it looks on camera, but they're making real contact. American actors are pussies and the laws won't allow it. An American filmmaker would be committing career suicide if he staged a fight like this. Somebody breaks a wrist, and he's drowning in legal red tape for the rest of his life
>>
>>68268421
That's not the only reason. Asian films focus heavily on the fight scenes as part of the movie. So they do hundreds of takes over and over to get everything right. Most western studios get pissy if you start wasting takes on action sequences because resets are expensive.
>>
>>68268249
John Wick and Kingsmen had good shootouts if that counts
>>
actually the daredevil s1 fight in the hallway is the peak of capekino
>>
>>68268557
>Most western studios get pissy if you start wasting takes on action sequences because resets are expensive.
That would explain it. I know Tony Zhou gets a bad rap around here but I feel like his Jackie Chan video gets the point across really well.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
>>
>>68268249
>American don't know how make good fight scene
Neither do asians
>ching chong haaaaaaaaaaaaah
>10 pulled punches in 2 seconds
>stand still for 2 seconds
>wave arms around too much
>repeat
>>
>>68268641
What happened? That fight was amazing but every other daredevil fight was trash
>>
File: undefeable.png (225 KB, 407x321) Image search: [Google]
undefeable.png
225 KB, 407x321
>>68269985

>>hing chong haaaaaaaaaaaaah

Yeah see ya
>>
>>68268249
fuck off rajesh
>>
>>68268249
And this is coming from a guy who has shit grammar
>>
>>68268642
why does he have a bad rep around here?
>>
>>68270320

I'm not gonna lying my english is shit
>>
>>68270373
People pretend to be patrician and say he's not saying anything new or special, that anyone with even a cursory knowledge of film form knows this.
>>
>>68268249
Good thing normal non-nigger people grow out of action movies in their teens, after accepting that movie fights are just ballet for men.
>>
>>68268249
Eat my shit. The fight choreography in Cap 2 is on par with any Chinese wirework fight scene ever filmed.

Just not as good as some of the non-wirework fights they've filmed.
>>
>>68268249
you're missing the point, the raid 2 fight scenes are amazing and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen but is a whole different genre to what americans tend to do, this is a cartoonish over the top fighting movie and it excels at that, but usually american movie go more for the semi realistic approach, it would be like comparing sicario to james bond or zero dark thirty to kingsman
>>
>>68271154
this
>>68271112
you're retarded, cap 2 is good but you have to be suck marvel's cock way to hard to even compare them
>>
https://youtu.be/GE1M3mS77W4
>>
>>68268249
Kylo Ren Vs Rey is the best fight scene.
It has weight to it unlike asian action films.
>>
>>68270119

I blame ninjas, every scene with them is fucking retarded since the team can do burtal unarmed fighting a lot better than martial arts weapon stuff.
>>
>>68268249
agreed
>>
File: tumblr_o52i1aEH711svme7ro1_500.jpg (61 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o52i1aEH711svme7ro1_500.jpg
61 KB, 500x496
>>68268249
They used to.
>>
Fight scenes in general are cringy and retarded. So unrealistic... just something for testosterone filled autists to stroke to
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.