[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just came back from seeing this What's /tv/ opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 10-CLOVERFIELD-LANE-691x1024.jpg (100 KB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
10-CLOVERFIELD-LANE-691x1024.jpg
100 KB, 691x1024
I just came back from seeing this

What's /tv/ opinion on it?

Also, what's the connection between this one and the original Cloverfield? is it just the name or is there more than that?

Really solid movie, pretty good IMO
>>
better than the original cloverfield 2bh
>>
>>68264511
Finally saw it last night. I liked it quite a bit.
I couldn't help but compare and contrast it with The Invitation, which I also recently saw. 10CL is a single-setting film with tension done right. I was intrigued by the characters and really didn't know where the story was going next. The music was also fantastic.
>>
File: 1460410245957.jpg (5 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1460410245957.jpg
5 KB, 240x240
>>68265458
>mfw john goodman kills the bearded guy
>>
>>68264511
>what's the connection between this one and the original Cloverfield?
Little references like an ad for the same cola, a mention about a satellite company.
It's not direct a sequel and it's not necessarily even in the same universe, but on the other hand it could be since the first movie was such a vague clusterfuck.
>>
>>68265589
When MEW was restarting the air filtration system, the camera glanced over an invoice or something for a japanese company. Was that a reference?
>>
If they're on limited power and energy how come the lamps were on all day? Wouldn't you want to save as much energy as possible?
>>
>>68265715
Because it's a fun movie, not The Martian. Go watch a documentary, faggot.
>>
File: 1459033076502.jpg (51 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1459033076502.jpg
51 KB, 567x642
>>68265589
I like to think that this took place shortly after the bomb went off in new york

Maybe the aliens who are related to the first Cloverfield monster came to earth because the first monster fucked some shit up
One thing that doesn't make my theory acceptable is that the phones are smartphones and not those flip flop things from 2007

Either way, it's a good movie, but I think JJ is starting an anthology universe set around Cloverfield

>mfw the portal and half life movies are also set around the Cloverfield universe
>>
File: Testing (2).png (372 KB, 592x497) Image search: [Google]
Testing (2).png
372 KB, 592x497
>>68264511
>Also, what's the connection between this one and the original Cloverfield? is it just the name or is there more than that?
I have theories, theories for days.

>>68265664
It's a reference to Tagruato, the company that owns Slusho. (basically Icees laced with cocaine, slogan is "You can't drink just six!"). They did some shady underwater drilling, which awoke the monster in the first movie. Tagruato also owned a company that Howard worked for, Bold Futura.

I'm going off the basis of Dan Trachtenberg (the director) saying they took place in two different timelines. I think that Tagruato's antics have caused an apocalyptic event in several different timelines, and with the next movie (I'm placing bets on it being JJ's "The God Particle") we're gonna see exactly how ass-ravaged the multiverse is thanks to the Japs.
>>
>>68266254
Wow, thanks for the response. Very interesting.
>>
>>68266380
The ARG (Alternate Reality Game) got fairly in-depth about all this. I only followed casually for 10CL but the original ARG had a chance to get really in depth about this sort of thing.

Have a look: http://cloverfield.wikia.com/wiki/Cloverfield_Alternate_Reality_game
>>
File: cloverfield-large.jpg (27 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield-large.jpg
27 KB, 720x405
Why is MEW so fucking perfect?
>>
>>68264511
Favourite movie of this year desu.
John Goodman's performance was fucking GOAT and shit my pants in the gun scene and knife through vents scene. Definetely a 8/10, ending fucked it up from being perfect, but I didn't mind it all too much.
>>
>>68267684
I thought the ending was good, after all the intriguing and asking ''what the fuck is out there?'' I thought it paid off

In fact, I wanted to see more of the aliens
Pretty pleb but I just loved it
>>
>>68264511
saw it yesterday myself, it's a meh movie. Quite underwhelming.
>>
>>68266938
I ask myself this question every night when I worship to her like the goddess she is
>>
>>68267684
>gun scene and knife through vents scene
Holy fucking shit this movie was crazy good on sound design.
>>
File: 2726727327.png (1 MB, 1644x514) Image search: [Google]
2726727327.png
1 MB, 1644x514
>>68266938
THIS
>>
>>68266938
she's not
>>
>>68268014
Behead those who insult the one true goddess
>>
>>68268167
stop blaspheming
>>
Why was the fat man doing up his buckle when Mew originally came too in the room. Did he... Dubs confirm it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.