[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a greater pleb filter in film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: robert_bruhson.jpg (25 KB, 387x300) Image search: [Google]
robert_bruhson.jpg
25 KB, 387x300
Is there a greater pleb filter in film?
>>
Dreyer works even better as a pleb filter.
Malick is good too since plebs always misunderstand his work.
>>
>>68264327
I dunno, I think the average pleb would be more dissuaded by Bresson's affinity for long, vacant stares and monotones.
>>
>>68264327
Dreyer is overrated as fuck. Bresson's Jeanne d'Arc is far greater.
>>
>>68264327
dreyer's joan of arc movie is literally the pleb version of bresson's
>muh angles, muh emotions, muh drama
>>
>getting cucked by Godard

TOP FUCKING KEK BRESSON
>>
>>68265032
>implying
>>
>>68264327
Malick is a bad filmmaker though.
>>
Freddy Got Fingered
>>
>>68265071
>it's real haha
>>
The only realist cinema worth watching is DeMarcos 1930 classic The Anvil Hoarder.
>>
John Ford
>>
>>68264327
Dreyer made some boring ass pictures, especially late in his life.

I remember seeing a list of greatest films somewhere that had Gertrud in the top-30. That movie is barely passable and definitely not one of the greatest movies of all time.

Bresson's Pickpocket is somehow still and underrated movie. So is Diary of a Country Priest. At the same time, I think Balthazar gets a little too much credit. It's an alright, if a little slow, movie. No way I'd call it his best.
>>
>>68265655
this
accurate pleb filter 100% of the times
>>
Always think it's funny when a board calls Brehson and Ford pleb filters while they also praise Mad Max Fury Road as a masterpiece in the same breath.

>/tv/ isn't one person

Yes it is.
>>
>>68265691
Gertrud is 47th in the S&S 2012 poll (critics)
>>
>>68265838
>praise Mad Max Fury Road as a masterpiece
it's a solid 7/10 action movie
>>
>>68265846
That's way too fucking high for a movie that basically amounts to a bored bourgeois woman who has an affair with a young retard and then decides she needs to be independent of mind and volition.

It's a really unimpressive movie. I say that as someone who likes plenty of "boring" movies that make critic's lists. Gertrud is particularly egregious and belongs nowhere in the top-100.
>>
File: 37.png (424 KB, 555x366) Image search: [Google]
37.png
424 KB, 555x366
>>68265838
are you sure that you understand what "pleb filter" means?
>>
>>68265976
Jeanne Dielman is 38th
>>
>>68265838
Are you trying to imply that Mad Max Fury Road is bad?
>>
>>68265032
>>68265062
>>68265436
>>68265691
Dreyer and Malick confirmed as great pleb filters.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.