[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it plausible that batman could actually exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 477x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 477x268
Is it plausible that batman could actually exist?
>>
File: 1460507754263.jpg (71 KB, 499x756) Image search: [Google]
1460507754263.jpg
71 KB, 499x756
Plausible but not likely.

Batman has plot armor. A real life Batman would have no such armor. One bullet from a swat team sniper to his face...down for the count.
>>
>>68257237
Weekly World News used to cover this story about BatBoy, who was half-bat half-human child. That was 20 years ago, so it is likely that if he has grown up, he is the modern-day BatMan. So I'm going to say yes.
>>
>>68257269
yeah but i'm sure a real life batman with the capabilities wouldn't get shot so easily
>>
>>68257323
what's his superpower again? Being really really rich? That didn't stop his old man from getting shot.
>>
>>68257237
The average police force - with all its manpower, resources, and reach - can barely keep a lid on crime. What the hell could one weirdo in a rubber suit do?
>>
>>68257362

This sounds like it could be a line in a batman movie.
>>
>>68257347

Exactly. Plus he has armor on that protects everything but his Goddamn face. All a decent shot has to do is put a bullet in his fucking kisser.

Goodnight, sweet dark prince.
>>
>>68257237
As plausible as you ever getting employed or finding a girlfriend.
>>
I remember reading a science study a few years ago on whether Batman could really exist, and the conclusion was that no human body, no matter how strong, could resist the insane physical stress caused on a day to day basis from simply moving around and getting into fights, and that'd he'd be a cripple or dead within just a few months.
>>
>>68257496
>implying that Bats doesn't have downtime
>>
>>68258137
Downtime, prep time. Wow this guy is full of fuckin time
>>
>>68257496
So, TDKR.
>>
>>68258188
For you
>>
File: 22711102.jpg (64 KB, 485x364) Image search: [Google]
22711102.jpg
64 KB, 485x364
>>68257237
Not in America where even low-level criminals have easy access to firearms.
>>
>>68257496
How is it any different from elite military units? Don't they train constantly for long periods of time?
>>
No because batman has all this high tech expensive shit that doesnt actually exist and hed the first one people would point fingers at
>>
>new york city
>333 murders per year, slightly less than one a day
>batman would have to patrol 305 square miles in the hopes that he's in the area of a murder to prevent it
>NYC PD requires 8,800 police cars to cover the area
>if crime happens at the other end of the city it'll be over by the time he gets there

yeah nah
>>
>>68258575
Training constantly in order to engage in largely weapons based combat is not the same as maintaining batman's insane muscle mass while getting into MMA brawls every single night mixed with hours of parkour and acrobatics. Without wolverine's healing abilities your joints would be dust in a month.
>>
No because currently we can't even get a working portable grappling gun.
>>
>>68258689
I thought batman was about fearing people to not commit crimes and not really about preventing all of then
>>
Man-moth?
>>
>>68258689
Wouldn't it be more like:

>police discover they're dealing with a serial killer
>can't handle this guy(s)
>police commissioner shines the batsignal/calls the batphone
>batman gets on the scene and starts tracking down the killer with all his gadgets and ninja skills

Or

>batman camps out in central park
>detects some shit going down
>terrorises the petty street-level criminals so that they piss themselves and run to their criminal buddies telling everyone about the freak in the bat suit that fucked them up
>crime level goes down because criminals are shit scared to fuck around on batman's turf

That would be the idea, anyway. To be honest, he wouldn't do much that the cops don't already do. Donating to the police force so they can hire more guys would probably do more to tackle crime than getting a custom-made batcave and batmobile and plane etc. Batman's a glory hog though, wants to be the guy who gets the credit for all the high-profile busts.
>>
File: 1434456616505.jpg (4 KB, 146x175) Image search: [Google]
1434456616505.jpg
4 KB, 146x175
>>68258866
>>
ISIS is basically the IRL Rogues Gallery, so it's only a matter of time before IRL Batman appears.
>>
>>68259086
>police can't handle a serial killer

Yeah because a private citizen has access to more information than law enforcement, NSA, feds, etc etc etc.
>>
It'd be plausible if you had the money and resources, but I think the police would be able to identify who he was pretty quickly and it'd be a poorly kept secret at best. If he did manage to avoid capture or death, he'd probably end up like Bruce was in TDKR after a year in the best case scenario.

I could definitely buy a Nolan type Batman who goes after the mob and does detective work on them while not being hogtied by ethics or the law. But I think he'd go down pretty quickly and doubt he could sit on rooftops at night looking for crime.
>>
File: file.png (947 KB, 970x661) Image search: [Google]
file.png
947 KB, 970x661
>>68257237
Real life "heroes" exist, but it's much less romantic in real life. See in movies these guys are untouchable, and heal quickly. In real life when you try to stop a crime you get stabbed, shot, or killed.

Also, you look like a retard when you do it in real life
http://listverse.com/2013/03/24/10-outrageous-real-life-superheroes/
>>
>>68257237
There's a little of the bat in all of us. You just have to let it out. Go out today and be a hero instead of shitposting all day long.
>>
>>68259242
information isnt the issue, skills are.

unless the FBI get involved, Forensics is gonna be pretty basic. Having a $billion forensics and investigative lab @ IRL Batmans multi$billion company would help quite a lot

also hacking. he be able to bring NSA capability to basic murders, which absolutely doesnt happen at the moment, as you well know. He coudl just tap/hack everyones phones in an area aroudn the crime scene and have his supercomputers search the data for mentions of the crime. Job done

NSA would never use such capability for something as common and pointless as a murder M8
>>
File: file.png (399 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
file.png
399 KB, 600x374
>>68259352
>Knight Warrior, a 19 year old in the UK whose self-proclaimed superpower is a “supernatural desire to make the world a better place.” His main target is drunk people who get a little too rowdy as they leave pubs.
>Knight Warrior lives with his mother.
>>
File: batboy_1_2.jpg (28 KB, 300x349) Image search: [Google]
batboy_1_2.jpg
28 KB, 300x349
>>68257321
It has been 20 years?
My god...I remember being at the store with my mom looking at the tabloids.
>>
>>68259242
He's not constrained by the usual legal red tape though. Batman can slap someone about, search their house/car, hack their pc etc without jeopardising any prosecution.

But like I said, there's not that much he'd be able to do that cops don't do anyway.
>>
>>68259448

see >>68259428

police capability is extremely basic compared to intelligence services. A billionaire crime fighter could bring NSA/CIA/GCHQ type power to basic crimefighting, which doesnt happen today and probably never will unless the world goes full dystopian dictatorship
>>
>>68259352
>The path of a hero is never black and white. It’s an uncertain world filled with lesser evils and shades of gray, because sometimes the duty of a man requires him to go outside the law to prevent a crime. Or commit one. This is the path of Wheel Clamp Man, one of the darker shades of gray in the colorblind spectrum. In fact, his main “heroic” activity is a full-fledged crime—he patrols Perth with an angle grinder and cuts wheel clamps off cars that have been illegally parked.

>Dressed in a skintight green leotard, rainbow socks, and a glue-on mustache, Wheel Clamp Man has only been working in the area for a relatively short time, but motorists are grateful for his help in helping them avoid a $135 fine.
>>
No, because our current billionaires are all skinny nerds or overweight oil tycoons. And neither category cares about justice.
>>
>>68257347

Super-computer skills

Super-good at detecting

Super-employment of a truly excellent butler
>>
>>68257237
He'd get shot in the mouth or eyes and be dead. His design would need to change
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1985) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1985
>>68259352
Don't talk shit.
>>
>>68260999
that's why Batman is a kind of Mary Sue

he is too goddamn good at everything
>>
Maybe before the 2010s. Now there are way too many surveillance options to risk it.
>>
>>68261169
so is indiana jones but that's the ideal man. the ideal woman is a sex object.
>>
File: 20141005_1911101.jpg (233 KB, 1499x875) Image search: [Google]
20141005_1911101.jpg
233 KB, 1499x875
>>68257237

Not for long.
>>
File: 1410161258803.jpg (46 KB, 233x233) Image search: [Google]
1410161258803.jpg
46 KB, 233x233
>>68259352
>Literally every Britbong in that article revealed their secret identity.

Jesus, no wonder there are no British super heroes. You're all dumb as fuck about it.
>>
>>68265183

Henry Cavill (Superman) = British
Christian Bale (Batman) = British
Andrew Garfield (Spiderman) = British

your status = dumb as fuck
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.