[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One of the largest cinema chains in the US is considerin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: selfie.png (483 KB, 550x390) Image search: [Google]
selfie.png
483 KB, 550x390
>One of the largest cinema chains in the US is considering letting customers use their mobile phones during films.

>AMC chief executive Adam Aron said he wanted to encourage so-called millennials to visit the cinema.

>He told Variety magazine: "You can't tell a 22-year-old to turn off their cellphone. That's not how they live their life."

Are you hyped /tv/? Sitting between people listening to and recording Whatsapp messages and playing Bejeweled during the movie is sure going to be a memorable experience don't you think?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36043996
>>
>>68255403

honestly i'd rather have this than loud niggers niggering niggeriously and 5 y olds screaming and running around.
>>
This is fine, as long as they gas the audience and mulch the corpses after.
>>
If you can't put a phone away for 3 hours, THEN DONT FUCKING GO TO THE MOVIES.

I'm mad now.
>>
>>68255587
america sounds like a horrible place to live
>>
>>68255403
Most millennials go to the movies though. Why are all these Jews so out of touch with reality?
>>
american cinema experiences seem bad

>go to cinema
>people whoop, cheer and applaud at fictional characters
>people pull out their phones to talk
>young children are allowed into r rated stuff
>get shot
>>
No, that's utterly ridiculous. I'm 22, live in a college town, and I've never seen anyone incapable of putting their phone away at the local theater here
>>
>People can't be away from their phones
I know people don't do it at home but shouldn't someone paying money to see the film see it without much light obtrusion?
>>
File: 1457150792375.png (652 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1457150792375.png
652 KB, 676x676
I stopped going to theaters precisely because of this problem. Fucking rather just wait for a BD release so I can watch it on my home theater without disruptions when my wife and her son are out.
>>
>>68255728
people dont really use their phones in the theaters here

obviously it happens but its rare

the rest is true, though
>>
That feel when you enjoy the occasional film at the Alamo, where they throw talkers and texters out on their asses.

It feels pretty fucking good.
>>
God dammit. There's an Alamo drafthouse in my town, which bans phones, but they have waiters scurrying around with food for half the movie, and some retard behind me ends up gasping or whispering to her friend the whole time anyways. I just want to go to an old style theater that doesn't allow women and phones and food service. Is that so much to ask?
>>
>>68255403
i haven't gone to a theater in over 10 years
>>
>be me at christmas
>sister's all like "anon the new star wars is coming out and I haven't seen th old ones, we have to watch them"
>download the movies, settle in with snacks to watch the movies
>opening crawl of ANH
>she gets up, walks over to the TV, sits with her back to it, taking pictures to send to her friends to be like "OMG guys I'm watching the STAR WARS", while important exposition scrolls up behind her

She's 30 fucking years old guys, I just don't know any more
>>
>>68255403
In Australia you don't get get people using them that much
>>
>>68255881
>then he fucked her
>>
>>68255881
Tfw no sister
Tfw living alone in a studio apartment with no friends or family
>>
>>68255818
That would be your living room.
>>
>>68255822
Same, last movie I saw in theatre was 300 on my mates 15th birthday.
>>
>>68256015
>tfw roommate is a female
>>
File: Brendan_Fraser_25.jpg (496 KB, 906x1200) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser_25.jpg
496 KB, 906x1200
>>68255790
Why dont you say "my son"?
>>
>>68256146
Because le epic cuck /r9k/ frogposting meme
>>
>>68256146
My wife doesn't wan't me stepping over my boundaries into her relationship between her son, his dad and her. She made this crystal clear when I scolded him and had to apologize to him and his dad.
>>
>>68255715
On the other hand, some yankee theaters serve beer, which I'd really like to see happen in my country too!

>>68255727
Most millennials watch camrips on their smartphones.
>>
>>68255991
You are living the dream anon
>>
>>68256816
kek I was going to post exactly this
>>
>>68256780
christ that girl is human trash
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.