[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's the "Homer dates Lena Dunham" episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
>It's the "Homer dates Lena Dunham" episode
>>
>>68254277
What episode?
>>
>>68254277
That's a flattering picture
>>
>>68254300
Think it was the first episode of the latest season.
>>
>>68254277
>It's a "vaguely familiar sounding guest star voices a bland shoehorned in character" episode
>>
>>68254277

WHY THE GLASSES? WHY IS IT ALWAYS FUCKING GLASSES? OH AND TATTOOS? HOW ORIGINAL IM JUST SURPRISED SHE DIDN'T DYE HER HAIR PINK
>>
File: Barthood.jpg (154 KB, 1685x944) Image search: [Google]
Barthood.jpg
154 KB, 1685x944
>>68254277
>it's a "Simpson are actually aging" episode

I love those, almost all of them
>>
>>68254419
I'd love for them to advance the shows timeline by like 2 years.

Have Bart be 13 and you can have puberty storylines, etc
>>
>>68254503
After 18 years South Park changed its format and put out one of its best seasons in years. Why hasn't The Simpsons tried this?
>>
>>68254503
Hell, even have Bart be 15 and Lisa be 13
>>
File: 1459439479833.jpg (10 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
1459439479833.jpg
10 KB, 220x165
>>68254277
Please don't be real.
>>
>>68254419
good idea but might be too late now
>>
>>68254531
South Park still has its original writers
>>
>>68254277

I don't even know who that is.
>>
>>68254277
I feel like we'd all have the same reaction if we woke up to that hideous butter goblin in our bed
>>
>>68254531

Simpsons was bad after season 9, both for the executive producers and how many of the writers left.
>>
>>68254531
What did south park change?
>>
>>68254608
Fat chick who molested her sister and has a show on HBO where she's naked all the fucking time

It's truly terrifying on a fundamental level
>>
>>68254531

99% of South Park has only been written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone. They changed the format slightly to make a huge big parody point.
>>
>>68254277
But homer is married
>>
>>68254503
Why the fuck would it matter it's absolute shit these days anyway because the writing is so awful.
That would only serve to make superficial change to the show to attract retards.
>>
>>68254704
she also mentally scarred her sister for life, she has some mental illness. Bi-polar or some shit.

Their Dad's also fucked up.
>>
>>68254531
South Park changes shit up every now and again

>Age the kids by a year
>Kill off main characters for a year
>2-3 part episodes
>Entire seasons built around a number of plot points

If The Simpsons did even ONE of these, and maybe cut the number of episodes a year down to 15 or so, they might have something special.
>>
>>68254799
i find its their animation that is just as bad as their writing.

At least southparks writing has always been razor sharp and the animation has always been shit but has got better.
>>
>>68254761
The writing is so awful partly because there's 500 fucking episodes and everything's already been done. They're even retreading shit these days. They launched Homer in to space, again, and did the same fucking joke where he's flying around trying to eat snacks that got out of the bag.
>>
>>68254827
>southparks writing has always been razor sharp
>Razor sharp
>Trey flicking through the news channels a few days before the new episode is due looking desperately for something to parody

Nah mate. They're a cut above Simpsons/Family Guy, yes, but "razor sharp"? Fuck right off.
>>
>>68254828
>The writing is so awful partly because there's 500 fucking episodes and everything's already been done.
Bull-fucking-shit, the writers are just incompetent. Futurama had good run of 4 seasons after Simpsons had gone to shit already.
>>
>>68254828
so after that had that half decent episode about digital copyright they are rehashing the same shit from the 90's?

What the fuck!
>>68254851
Southpark was always cutting edge even if it was about stupid shit in the end it was consistently more entertaining and funny than anything family guy & simpsons has done for over what 10 years.

American Dad still has decent writing i guess thats where all of simpsons and family guys writers went to.

Who the fuck still watches family guy and the simpsons both are terrible now and family guy has always been pretty crap even before it got canceled.

When cartoons only hope is Rick and Morty things are looking pretty bleak
>>
>>68254916
>Futurama had good run of 4 seasons after Simpsons had gone to shit already.
Futurama had a fresh pretence, and went to shit in its last 3 series retard
>>
>>68255154
The fluff was different, half of the jokes you could have done in Simpsons 1:1
It's about writers.
Still I'd rather see Simpsons just end instead of some bullshit like making the characters older
>>
>>68254503

they'd spend half of the scripts making jokes about bart being a chronic masturbator
not a good idea
>>
>>68254924
>When cartoons only hope is Rick and Morty things are looking pretty bleak

I only just started watching it 2 days ago. It's the best cartoon show on tv. By a long shot.

It also has actual story arcs, in a mere 2 seasons. It reminds me of Moral Orel, the greatest cartoon show ever made.
>>
What a beauty
>>
>>68254503

Bart has had like 14 girlfriends by the age of ten, how about that
>>
>>68254924
>Rick and Morty
>not Bojack Horseman

I thought you wanted well-written shows?
>>
>>68254277
shouldn't she have the same body shape as Homer?

Also did she shove pebbles in Margie's vagina?
>>
>>68254277
yfw the voice actors finally die or get too old to do the voices and this roller coaster finally ends
>>
File: oh god what the fuck.jpg (63 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
oh god what the fuck.jpg
63 KB, 630x354
>it's a comicbook guy episode
>>
>>68255827
These days bart sounds like a 60 year old woman, which I guess is pretty close to reality
>>
>>68255883
>Asian character really into the nerd
What an original premise.
>>
>>68255883
his name is Jeff Albertson
>>
>>68255827
they almost replaced Flanders for a while
>>
>>68255338

>The best explanation of being gay that I've read is that every women looks like Lena Dunham to you - Anon
>>
>>68254277
I guess Homer will date anybody. He used to fall for people voiced by the likes of Michelle Pfieffer.
>>
>its a celebrity episode
>its a "lol homer is fat and stupid" joke
>its a "Lisa is the liberal normal-person who does something boring with the rest of the family doing slapstick jokes" episode
>>
>>68256643
Sounds like season 3-8 to me
>>
>>68254531
South Park changed its format but now it's dated bullshit that nobody will care or laugh at in less than a year. You can still watch Butter's Own Episode or Jesus vs Satan because they will still be funny, but fucking pewdipie episode was no longer relevant 3 weeks after it aired.
>>
>>68254799
They had a two parter, who shot mr. burns in s5 afaik.

but i agree with your points.
>>
>>68256668
more like season 12 and onwards
>>
>>68256728
More like, All the seasons are the same past season 3
>>
>>68254531
They don't care about the show ever becoming culturally relevant or popular again. If they changed the format or aged the family that would destroy merchandising and merchandising is the only reason the Simpsons still exists. That's how the money is made. The show is a loss leader at this point.
>>
>>68254419
>it's a "dude weed lmao" episode
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.