[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unbiased opinions please, is vikings worth watching ? from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Unbiased opinions please, is vikings worth watching ?

from and outsiders point of view it looks very meh, is it just real viking shit with people getting fucked up and good story or is it mythical bullshit too ?
>>
its kind of both
im like to watch it, but you need to know its not very much historical accuracy
i think its worth it
>>
>>68252778
Well the main character is semi-mythological, so it's automatically not a documentary. First 2 seasons have alot of just general Vikings fucking shit up and hijinks, and the 3rd and current seasons have been more about character's personal arcs and a bit more mysticism.

1st season is hit-or-miss for some as the plot is quite simple, but season 2 is a winner and delivers feels right off the bat.

>And of course, pic related...
>>
>>68253033
Good double
>>
Both, but the mythical bullshit isn't overdone
>>
>>68253196
>Reminder that Vikings is shit and only watched by faggot MEME because
>>MEME MEME
>
>Get real, MEME.
>>
>>68253263
>Typical MEME MEME Why even come here MEME?
>>
Worth watching for the white male power fantasy?
>>
>>68253345
Try harder ;)
>>
i will never understand why retards suddenly pretend they want historical accuracy just because its a historical show.
I told a friend to watch it and he literally spammed
>DUAL WIELDING AXES
for weeks.
Of course he knew nothing about vikings and probably read a page of wikipedia to seem smart, just like all of you.
>>
File: Vikings.S04E01.2.webm (3 MB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
Vikings.S04E01.2.webm
3 MB, 640x359
>>68253345
>the white male power fantasy?
lol get with the memes bro, this show is "all SJW"
>>
File: tumblr_mfgayckaNS1r3jen8o1_500.jpg (52 KB, 494x595) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfgayckaNS1r3jen8o1_500.jpg
52 KB, 494x595
>>68253366
No I'm serious. Is it actionish or dramaish?
>>
>>68253387
Jesus dropped before I even picked it up
>>
>>68253396
It's got a bit of both, my man
>>
I really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2, particularly how they show the religious stuff. It has good directing, too. The episodes feel like they have soul. At least to a pleb like me. Season 4 by contrast feels a bit like the magic is gone. Perhaps it's a consequence of going from a 10 episode season to a 20 episode season.
>>
>>68253448
>Perhaps it's a consequence of going from a 10 episode season to a 20 episode season.
Definitely, anon. There's so much filler. Normally I'm reluctant to use that word, but seriously, the first 6/7 eps were really nothing. I am glad they've excised some of the more redundant subplots last ep.
>>
>>68253448
Also might have to do with focussing on a few more plots compared to earlier seasons
>>
>>68253396
It's got kinda both. The action and battle scenes are mostly realistic and not too over the top. You won't see one guy picking up two guys and roundhousekicking five armed knights at the same time if you understand what I mean. It's definitely not compareable to GoT in terms of magic and action but the character development is pretty nice and overall the show is one of the better ones out there at the moment if you manage to make it through the first season and the occacional filler bullshit that every modern show wants to throw in your face.
>>
Ragnar killing his drug dealer was a shocking moment (in the true sense of the word, I was shocked, I didn't expect it), but god almighty, what the everloving fuck was wrong with her from a writing point of view. Literally no fucking point.
>>
>>68253548
>Implying she's dead
>Implying she's not going to float down the river and warn Rollo
>>
>>68253470
>>68253548
Can you stop writing like faggots?
>>
>>68253584
Where did your jo pictures go?
>>
>>68252778
the actor who play ragnar (the hero) is fabulous
>>
File: smug park.jpg (324 KB, 609x717) Image search: [Google]
smug park.jpg
324 KB, 609x717
>>68253584
Clearly not enough memespeak verbiage for this gentleman. Perhaps a hearty round of emoticons or maybe a succession of buzzwords would assuage his obvious rectal pain.
>>
>>68253548
>shocking moment

TRIGGERED

who cares it's a useless character
>>
>>68253652
We all know she was, but why even include her. Just for her to mention China exists?
>>
>>68253679
I think she was the catalyst for Ragnar going all junky and bonkers. It gave the writers a reason to make him useless for several eps.
>>
>>68253679
>you wanted diversity ? now fuck off
>>
>>68253766
That's true, but before she got him all drugged up he was already being a moody fuck doing nothing. Also nice double digits
>>
>>68254011
>>68253043
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>68254283
Nice contribution to the thread
>>
>>68254394
You got me, I'll return
>>
It's alright. It's not historically accurate in any real way, but enough for the plebs. They interweave some mythical stuff in the form of visions and seers and such, one outright mythical character that's been in like 2 episodes across 4 seasons. Some characters have a few 'visions' and that stuff, but i wouldn't say it's outright mythical / crazy magic "I SUMMON THE POWER OF THOR" to shoot lightning from his dick.

If you're looking for something to watch you can do worse, and for me it has dropped in quality from the first two seasons, but i'm still hooked.

Maximum comfy to dual screen while playing Mount and Blade: Viking Conquest too.
>>
>>68253380
>i will never understand why retards suddenly pretend they want historical accuracy just because its a historical show.

You seem pretty retarded.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.