[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broadchurch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: broadchurch.jpg (35 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
broadchurch.jpg
35 KB, 599x337
>thiskillstheman.png
Just binged season 2 and almost had a heart attack. Really, really enjoyed this series. What did /tv/ think of it? Are you guys excited or hesitant for season 3? Maybe both, maybe neither? How do you think they'll continue the story? What do you think they should do with it?

I love how it actually explores the grief and shortcomings of the characters in a caring, beautiful way. I hated a lot of the characters in moments but for the most part didn't hate any of them, which is surprising since I get pissed pretty easily at people doing dumb things, especially when it involves cheating and other relationship drama.

Any other comparable series or movies with a similar pathos?
>>
>>68252289
S2 was shite.

If you enjoy this, watch

>Rectify
>This is England (the series)
>The Killing
>The Affair
>>
>>68252618
Thanks, Rectify and The Killing look interesting.

What did you not like about s2?
>>
>>68252781
I watched it when it aired, so I can't exactly remember everything, but I didn't like the B-line murder. It felt like it didn't fit.

I didn't like Charlotte Rampling in the old lawyer role. The black lawyer was awful. I didn't like the ending, especially because I felt the show should have been rebooted every season.

S1 was great. At least s2 had Tennant and it was beautifully shot.

Also, watch Top of the Lake. Similar kind of thing.
>>
>>68252289
Season 1 was better even for just the out of nowhere twist.
>>
I didn't watch this show because judging by everything I saw of it, they got the droopiest looking woman and most gormless looking man and had them standing around the countryside looking droopy and gormless. You might as well watch Wallander instead because at least there Kenneth Branagh looks droopy, gormless and a little bit cheeky.
>>
>>68252922
Wallander is fantastic though senpai
>>
Can that hag get any haggier looking? I feel like her uterus sends out mail looking for a donor to go into.
>>
>>68252922
>>68252964
I liked that tho. I really liked that the actors looked beaten and exhausted - it helped selling that these were people with huge burdens.
>>
>>68252964
>not liking based olivia colman
she was supposed to look worn-out and haggard you fucking idiot
>>
>>68253098
>based
>woman
Effeminate detected.

If she is the same one from The Night Manager then she is entirely horrid """female""" in mannerisms and character choice.
>>
>>68252289
>hesitant for season 3

I just don't see where they go from here. Season one hinged on the mystery, it's almost a miracle that season 2 was good.
>>
>>68252289
I don't think I can picture her as anyone but Sophie
>>
>>68255301
Same. I was just thinking in Mark making a cameo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.