[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we've had thread in the past with some of you claiming to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1459431105234.gif (219 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1459431105234.gif
219 KB, 321x322
we've had thread in the past with some of you claiming to work in television and movies

Any one here right now have any good stories to tell or tips on getting into the business?
>>
>>68242599
Suck benis
>>
bump
I always find these interesting
>>
>>68242599

You should have set this up as an Industry general.

But yeah, interested to have a thread about this. I live in the middle of nowhere, UK and everything is centered around London in regard to TV & film. I signed up to an agency site, but they want a fee if you want to apply to most jobs.

I've applied for experience at a small production company nearby, they were looking for production crew for short films.

I'd be interested in any general advice about breaking in to the industry.
>>
I'm a composer. Made amateur beats for myself for a couple years. I met a guy who does post production for small movies and TV shows.

He gave me a job for a shit show movie,.composing budget was 12k which is pretty low for s full length film. I proved myself on that job and he just kept giving me better work. It's been two years working out pretty well.

My advice is: luckily know somebody
>>
>>68242599
be lucky + live in the right areas + preferably have parents finance you chasing your dreams so you can stick at it long enough for your lucky break
>>
I'm Eric Roberts. I heard you can use some help with moderation here? Just count me in, fellas.
>>
>>68243417
Same poster. Also: live in LA
>>
>>68242599
ive worked as a valet. I use the term "met" loosely but ive seen some famous people. the ones that do talk to me are pretty nice
>>
>>68243535
what about the east coast? Specially in the New England area
>>
I just want to here more about how the Kardashians being fucked up
>>
>>68242795
why? What are you some bored housewife looking for gossip
>>
>>68244034
not the gossip, but I like hearing how studios work behind the scenes. Last time we found out how much paramount has been fucking up lately which in hindsight makes a lot of sense
>>
Any stories, /tv/?
>>
>>68243957
Grew up in LA can't speak for much of the East coast. Id say where movies/shows are made are good bets
>>
try marrying one of dem women producers.
>>
>>68244034
>KEK YU WANT STORIES?? XD WHY NOT JUST BE A WOMAN XD FUCKNG IDIOT XD XD AM I COOL YET??

Reddit is that way >>>
>>
Hi I'm Alexandra Daddario's professional nipple tweaker, AMA
>>
>>68243417
>luckily know somebody

Good lord this is the key to success for nearly everything. It is literally about who you know. I ain't fucking kidding around here.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.