[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only seen a handful of anime films. What are the MUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I've only seen a handful of anime films. What are the MUST SEE anime films.*

*just movies for now - I can't even think about trying to delve into any shows atm.

I've already seen:

Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Paprika
Redline
Summer Wars
Ninja Scroll
>>
Fist of the North Star
>>
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Any Miyazaki film
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam Movie trilogy and all 50 episodes of zeta gundam.
>>
if you liked paprika, check out tokyo godfather
>>
>>68234345
The Naruto films are pretty good desu. Don't even bother with anime shows of any kind, all of them are garbage.
>>
>>68234482
>Any Miyazaki film
seconding this
>>
>>68234345

If you want in to Anime movies (excluding that which you've listed):

>Spirited Away
>Castle in the Sky
>Nausicaa
>Princess Mononoke
>Grave of the Fireflies
>5cm per Second
>Millenium Actress
>Perfect Blue
>The Girl who Leapt through Time
>End of Evangelion (but you have to watch the show, Neon Genesis Evangelion first. Incidentally, watch Neon Genesis Evangelion)

If you want to enter Anime shows:

>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
>Attack on Titan
>Death Note
>Cowboy Bebop
>One Punch Man
>League of Galactic Heroes
>Watamote
>Steins;gate
>Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>68235023
>5cm per Second

every fucking time, why people always need to mention this shit?
>>
>>68235105

>Why do people have different opinions than mine?
>>
>>68234345
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (super underrated)
>>
>>68235023
don't watch any of these dogshit movies OP
>>
File: 1459416763606.jpg (98 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1459416763606.jpg
98 KB, 500x336
>>68235238

>Spirited Away
>End of Evangelion
>Dogshit

Wew lad
>>
don't forget akira
>>
>>68235371

>Don't forget Akira
>OP literally says he's watched Akira
>>
>>68234345
Watch the End of Evangelion

it works perfectly as a fucking mindfuck even if you've never watched the show.
>>
>>68235448
ah shit my bad
>>
Patlabor 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMDaNhTTi8
>>
>>68234345
You only need to watch yu-yu hakusho. Then you wont need to watch anything else.

Fuck cowboy bebop fans. Spike is a fag.
>>
>hey guys im going to skim anime just to claim i enjoy it then get bored with it almost instantly
Every week, 52 weeks a year

The actual good shit is never recommended in these shitty casual anime watchers from /v/ threads. The actual shit you like has to be discovered by you
>>
>>68235785

Okay m8, what Anime do you recommend?
>>
>>68235867
I recommend you actually attempt to watch anime first

It's even organised into genres and everything!
>>
>>68235908

So you're just a 2deep4u attention whore? Gotcha.
>>
File: 1405433100322.jpg (532 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1405433100322.jpg
532 KB, 1536x2048
>>68235942
So you're a 13 year old who is not actually interested in anime but wants to seem like he's knowledgeable about anything at all? Gotcha.
>>
just go watch all of miyazaki's movies

then walk away knowing you've seen the best and in order to enjoy anything else you have to go down the rabbit hole
>>
Mind game is pretty good.
>>
>>68235986

I'm someone whose interested in what you have to say, but you're too busy trying to look cool on an anonymous image board by throwing around vague cryptic remarks about 'discovery'. If you think Legend of the Galactic Heroes, or Wings of Honneamise are good, just fucking recommend them without the song and dance.

If someone asked me about films to recomend in general, I'd first ask them what type of film they were interested in, and then go on from there, or maybe even throw out examples while I'm doing so. I wouldn't put a cape over my face and talk about how it's a grand quest that no one tells the answers to like an attention whore.

Now tell me, oh wise one, what Anime should someone get into, expecially in OP's case as a relative first timer?
>>
>>68235986
Most of the shit here is regarded by 90% of anime watchers as the good shit, whatever moeshit you're into is garbage, and that's why you're too ashamed to mention it.

Go back to /a/ faggot, nobody is impressed.
>>
>>68236122
>too busy trying to look cool on an anonymous image board
>trying to look cool
>on an anonymous image board
:-)

My recommendation is actually go watch some anime. There are plenty of large websites which will give you exactly what you are after, down to plot, genre, artstyle, everything

Go on then

Fuck off

>>68236135
>Most of the shit here is regarded by 90% of kids from /v/ who haven't watched anything except this 'newfag pool' selection as the good shit
Fixed

>moeshit
:-)
>>
>>68236233
You are by far the most autistic person I've seen on /tv/ in ages.

>muh esoteric anime knowledge

If you legitimately consider that something to be proud of, consider suicide.
>>
>>68236312
>butthurt he doesn't know anything
>thinks people that know more than him should consider suicide
If we all did that there'd be nobody left in the world, silly :-)
>>
File: b053.jpg (7 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
b053.jpg
7 KB, 175x175
>>68236233
>>
>>68236368
Mad

;^D
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.