[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radio Raheem was an inconsiderate asshole who should have turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
Radio Raheem was an inconsiderate asshole who should have turned his music down when the property owner asked him to.
>>
I heard Spider-Man was there.
>>
Inner city blacks don't even respect themselves, why would they respect an Italian?
>>
seriously i fucking hate assholes who think everyone wants to hear their music in public
>>
>>68229064
>property owner
there is no property owner
>>
File: 1409614287052.jpg (88 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1409614287052.jpg
88 KB, 413x395
>>68229082
Oh god. If only someone could edit him into the scene with all the racial slurs, have him saying "curry nigger" or something, I could die a happy anon.
>>
Everyone in the movie was wrong. Including Sal. You don't charge $2 for some extra cheese. What the fuck.
>>
yes, but he didn't have to die. it was certainly necessary to use force to get him away from the italian guy and he definitely should have gone to jail, but it was clear that the cops displayed excessive force in restraining him.

in short: he was a dumb, asshole nig but the cops fucked up
>>
Well yeah, Raheem was totally in the wrong. It's a shame he died while, you know, trying to cause grievous bodily harm to Sal. Otherwise I might have had the slightest bit of sympathy for him.

I came out of DtRT with even less respect for black """""""culture""""""" than when I went in.
>>
>>68229252
it was him being a dumb nig that got him killed. if he want being an aggressive asshole he wouldn't have been met with force. Christ, weren't you raised to take responsibility for your actions?
>>
>>68229064
>tfw people claim this movie is an example of how victimized black people are despite most of them acting like literal chimps for the whole movie
>>
the fuck? nigga had a bomb ass boombox and y'all hating. get a life jews
>>
>>68229105
This user always posts the dumbest shit.
>>
I think this movie is too complex for most modern day viewers. Especially with the way we talk about race today.
>>
>>68229578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AVzkTd9R44

Not really anon.
>>
>>68229578
I don't think that the new-right shitposters don't understand that the characters in the film weren't supposed to be upstanding moral citizens. Its like watching Goodfellas and saying "well they were just a bunch of Dago idiots".
>>
>>68229418

I'm not well versed in the law but what he did was, what, assault? attempted murder? I don't think those result in a death sentence and if they do its after a fair trial. I'm not saying he didn't deserve a good ass beating and heavy jail time. I guess my analogy would be, if I go into the ghetto and yell "Dumb niggers!" and then get shot to death, I'm a dumbass for doing it, but it certainly is not right or necessary for those niggers to kill me.
Raheem brought his fate on himself, but that doesn't mean it was either right or necessary.
>>
>>68229708
You're trying to treat a disease as if it was a moral and societal dilemma.
>>
>>68229817
I'm just struggling to see the fundamental difference between black gangsters and italian ones.
>>
>>68229940
Intelligence in creating an efficient organization as opposed to petty and violent crimes.
>>
>>68230058
Sounds like romantic bullshit to me.
>>
>>68230090
I wasn't romanticizing what the Italian gangsters did but quantifying it. Their system was efficient and organized, especially the control they had over Vegas when it was new.
>>
>>68229064
>Radio Raheem was an inconsiderate asshole who should have turned his music down when the property owner asked him to.

> Asking a nigger to be polite
> Asking a nigger to obey the law

Good luck with that.
>>
Was Radio Raheem not autistic or at least possessing some developmental disability?? That's the impression I always got.
>>
>>68229940
>I'm just struggling to see the fundamental difference between black gangsters and italian ones.

The mafia controls a good percentage (some say up to 12%) of trade going in and out of Greece and Italy. We're talking billions in trade here.

American niggers are too busy crying in the streets and looting footlockers to ever organize and aspire to do something big in the world.
>>
>>68230153
This happened today
>hungry, driving to a doctor's appointment in the morning
>Waffle House nearby, decide to grab a cheap breakfast
>Sit down, this fat black woman is seated behind me
>She laughs loudly at some videos on her phone, talking loudly to the black waitress behind the counter
>black waitress turns on the jukebox to R&B, fat black woman begins singing along with every song loudly
>Wanted to say something but a bunch of hoodrats were seated at the bar across from me talking to the black waitress

I just want to eat in peace, fuck.
>>
Why were there no nigs on the wall?
>>
>Black panther eat pizza we eat pizza boiiiiiiiii
Seriously though why is this movie praised at all it is the most overrated piece of shit I have ever seen
>>
>>68230216
this.
I don't remember the movie exactly but I think the point was sal knew radio raheem and he was being a cunt not giving the retarded black kid from the neighborhood some leeway in his behavior since he was a lifelong customer, or something.
>>
File: 1460467493904.png (111 KB, 320x269) Image search: [Google]
1460467493904.png
111 KB, 320x269
>>68229064
niggers gunna niggerizationalize
>>
>>68229746
he acted aggressive and confrontational over somebody else telling him to turn his music down. Like every other character he acted like a child and put up a fight, which ultimately got him killed
>if I go into the ghetto and yell "Dumb niggers!" and then get shot to death, I'm a dumbass for doing it
so then you don't do that very stupid thing and low and behold you don't die. the cops had been in that neighborhood before and dealt with their bullshit. the whole point of the movies end is mob mentality leads to violence. The only true good guys were mookie and sals family. Raheem died over a fucking radio and it was his own damn fault
>>
>>68230216

All niggers are autisticly violent in some form or another.
>>
>>68230333
>I just want to eat in peace, fuck.

I just want to watch a fucking movie in the theaters without niggers yelling shit and talking during the entire 2 hours.

Are nigger really that self unaware?
>>
>>68229520
ITS A SEWING MACHINE
>>
>>68230743

I've personally met too many exceptions, man. I lived in a low-income mostly black neighborhood for years, and I'm not gonna lie, it SUCKED compared to living around predominantly white people. Got fucked with, mugged twice, even jumped and kicked around once. But I made a lot of good friends too. I don't miss the old neighborhood one bit, but I can't get on board with that "all of them" shit either
>>
>>68229746
>I'm not well versed in the law
then stop while youre ahead because assault and attempted murder are perfectly good reasons to kill somebody over

it was a petty argument that he started, and then decided to get physical with. He was strangling sal and it took 3 guys to pull him off. Youre goddamn right that warranted an ass kicking, but him dying was his own fault
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4y7GPeFBY
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4y7GPeFBY
>>
>>68229418
Do you think that being murdered was an appropriate response to his actions?
>>
Who did the right thing?
>>
>>68231047

If he were killed in self defense I would agree with you, but he was killed after he was already restrained and clearly overpowered.
>>
>>68229064
is radio raheem friends with synthesizer patel?
>>
File: trump2016.jpg (758 KB, 1728x1152) Image search: [Google]
trump2016.jpg
758 KB, 1728x1152
It was murder, plan and simple.
>>
>>68231281
Everyone did what they perceived to be the right thing.
>>
>>68231119
>>68231344
he was still putting up a fight. he was fighting off the cops to go back to strangling sal, over a fucking boom box. He's just as much at fault as anyone else
>>
>>68231119
murder is what he was trying to do to Sal. He wasn't murdered. At best its negligent manslaughter and at worst its voluntary manslaughter
>>
>>68231281
mookie
>tried to keep everyone calm
>diverted the anger away from sal and his sons
>went home to not partake in the chimp out
>doesn't hold it against sal that hes angry the next day
>>
File: ape.webm (3 MB, 854x470) Image search: [Google]
ape.webm
3 MB, 854x470
i love a good chimpout
>>
>>68229064
still didn't deserve to die for it. it's like the cops choking out that dude who was illegally selling cigarettes. there's literally no justification for choking someone to death.
>>
File: billy batts visits the hood.jpg (93 KB, 1213x768) Image search: [Google]
billy batts visits the hood.jpg
93 KB, 1213x768
Do The Right Thing was worth watching for that scene with Frank Vincent
>>
>>68232579
Radio was attacking Sal and trying to kill him. Add resisting arrest to that makings killing more than justified. He was menace.
>>
>>68232606

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbk0S48YZMc

same with Jungle Fever

>why is chris moltisanti trying to stop phil leotardo from beating gloria trillo for fucking a shine?
>>
>>68232540
<3
>>
>>68230142
They CREATED Vegas, dude.
It was built with their money by their own jew by the name of Meyer Lansky.
>>
Most of the characters acted like assholes at some point. I know I'm supposed to believe that Mookie did the right thing, but it certainly didn't feel that way.
>>68229210
No, it was $2 total for the slice.
$1.50 for a regular slice
$2.00 for a slice with extra cheese
>>
>>68229064
Dindu Nuffin, he a good boy
>>
>>68229746
bro this is 4 chan in 2016, giving a thought out rational response will get you nowhere
>>
>>68230588
tuturro was not a good guy, and even sal had that creepy thing with mookies sister
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.