[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most cringeworthy thing to ever happen in movie history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
Is this the most cringeworthy thing to ever happen in movie history? Seriously, shit...he's nearly fucking fifty and still acting like an emo angsty teenager.

>We’ve already heard reports that the Best Supporting Actor Oscar winner acted a bit strange on set, sending his co-stars a dead pig, courtesy of a nameless henchmen who reportedly dropped it off on set, and giving Margot Robbie a live black rat, which she ended up keeping.

>Meanwhile Will Smith has claimed that he never felt like he met Jared Leto during the film’s shoot, saying that the 30 Seconds To Mars front man was constantly in character.

>Now in an interview with E!, Leto’s admitted to sending not just a dead pig but also some used condoms, anal beads and even sticky Playboy mags to the rest of the Squad.
>>
Because he's all messed up, you know.

Because he's all messed up.
>>
Christ. Reminds me of stories of Kevin Spacey stealing golf carts and equipment from the crew of Superman Returns.

If getting into character means disrupting everything, is it really the mark of professionalism, or the opposite?
>>
>>68226972
This is the kind of shit that keeps me awake at night, remembering some of the shit I used to when younger. None of it was this bad though...he's retarded.
>>
>>68226972
Nicholson was 52, faм. And he's a real actor.
>>
>>68227162
He was also 53 and 54.
>>
>>68227162
Nicholson didn't send everyone garbage and dead animals.

It's one thing to be in-character on the set, but when you're literally throwing your refuse at your co-stars, maybe it's time to tone it the fuck down.
>>
>>68227328
>>68227162

Take off your nostalgia goggles. Nicholson as the joker is dated.
>>
Goddamn.

I never noticed the bling earring until now.
>>
>>68227425
I wasn't talking about the quality his performance but the fact that he didn't act like a disruptive lunatic off-screen.
>>
MOOOOM I'M ACTING!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yGppTYnDw0
>>
>>68227425
>Dated
No shit, its a different Joker from a different era. Doesn't make it a bad performance. Jack's Joker might be dated, but it is still the best movie Joker to date.
>>
File: 1458389353836.png (136 KB, 254x380) Image search: [Google]
1458389353836.png
136 KB, 254x380
>damaged
I will never be able to take this seriously because of that fucking face tat
>>
>>68227607
SHE'S GONNA

FREAK
R
E
A
K
>>
Jared is a legitimate faggy rockstar so nobody should be shocked that he fucks people's shit up. Pretty brilliant casting choice desu should be glad this isn't the 90s where the rockstar villain would've ran the show behind the scenes.
>>
>>68227635
I don't think you're supposed to take it seriously (until it turns out he's Jason)
>>
>>68226972
He's obviously trying to top Heath Ledger. Which is impossible really. And I remember reading stories about Heath Ledger filming skateboarding videos with the IMAX cameras on set and sitting on the curb smoking with Gary Oldman between takes and talking about their kids.
>>
>>68227117
>Kevin Spacey stealing golf carts and equipment
Anon, that wasn't in character...
>>
>>68227117
He also stole 40 cakes and that's terrible.
>>
>>68227772
>Which is impossible really.

I dunno about that. Will Leto do it? Probably not. Especially using that same cartoony Tom Waits voice.
>>
>>68227425
You take that back you newfag fuckboi millennial Nolanbabby.
Nicholson had the gangster/murderer/artist Joker down pat. That scene where he's reading the paper in an office with the full moon behind him out the giant windows is the best shot in capeshit cineshitography. Shit, he even kills Bob, and that was his best friend. Total Joker moment.
>>
You can do whatever you want when you look 22 at 44 and have successful acting AND musical careers, tens of millions of dollars, and a world-renowned gigantic schlong.
>>
File: DAMAGED.png (939 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
DAMAGED.png
939 KB, 1366x768
>>68227607
I AM SO SICK OF THIS MEME!
>>
>>68227893
When you look at Leto's Joker you see Leto dressed up as the Joker. When you look at Ledger's Joker you see a completely different person.
>>
>>68227328
That's probably him trying to generate buzz for the movie or something and keep the movie in entertainment news.
Dude,method acting, lmao!

Anyway, I'd like to remain positive for Suicide squad but dunno if it will be good.
>>
Jared Leto is such a fucking cunt
>>
I find these stories unbelievable and ridiculous.
>>
>>68227608
Yeah, Jack playing Jack was sooo great.
>>
>>68228009
If it wasn't real, I guess he would say something on his defence. And if it is just set up and he's doing nothing and enjoying these fairytails then he's a faggot nonethless.
>>
File: sluts.jpg (282 KB, 632x921) Image search: [Google]
sluts.jpg
282 KB, 632x921
>>68227930
Go to bed Jared
>>
>>68227952
No, that's when you look at him. I see two guys playing a children's cartoon villain and using a goofy voice, who both still look like themselves dressed up as him.
>>
>>68227952
>>68227772
>Heath Ledger
he was fantastic and his character was very good, however he portrayed more the Riddler than Joker
>>
>>68227952
I think TDK was a vastly overrated movie, but Ledger's Joker was amazing.
>>
File: qJBBdBb.jpg (41 KB, 445x300) Image search: [Google]
qJBBdBb.jpg
41 KB, 445x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJMoKMieNn8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6_2dmm4LnA
>>
>>68228136
that makeup is even more unsettling in a normal photograph
>>
File: image.gif.jpg (13 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
image.gif.jpg
13 KB, 183x275
>>68227930
>look 22 at 44
yeah no, he looks exactly like my 47 year old brother who is dying from AIDS
>>
>>68228136
Shit, was that his actual hairs? My hairline looks like Heath's while being fucking 20.
>>
>>68228210
Sorry to hear that anon.
>>
>>68228210
>enfants riches déprimés

top kek
>>
>>68228233
Heath was 28 when that picture was taken.
>>
>>68228067
>then he's a faggot nonethless.
Or he likes fucking with """" journalists """" since dealing with them the worst part of the job for obvious reasons.
>>
>>68227917
And he actually, you know, told/played jokes.

Heath told all of one, and his only other comedic moment was attributed to his genuine incompetency.
>>
>>68228255

Well, he's a literal faggot.
>>
>>68228194
literally how
>>
>>68228136
>Joker's journal
>Neat choice of cover
That's pretty swee-
>le edgy Clockwork Orange collages inside
Oh, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>68228516
Alex was his inspiration for the role.
>>
>>68226972
DAMAGED
>>
>>68227772
Yep. What he doesn't realize is that although Heath dove into the role before filming by isolating himself and writing the journal and seemed to stay in character as much during filming takes, he wasn't ~*~omgzz I'm the Joker 24/7~*~. When he wanted to keep filming a take after schedule, he didn't go up to the director, smacking his lips and brandishing a knife, he went up to him like a normal human being actor and said "hey, I really want to keep going," then afterward went and thanked all the crew one by one for staying after.
>>
>>68228615
I was happier not knowing that.
>>
>>68227952
The only true answer
>>
>mfw it took Leto's DAMAGED Joker to make this board admit Heath's Joker was good
>>
If only his efforts could go to something that's not a capeshit flick.
>>
>>68228776
No you're just making shit up, new kid. We've always licked Heath's shoes.
>>
thats fucking disgusting. this hot topic joker needs to get his life together.
>>
I'm fairly sure the real Joker would be more creative. Jared's just gross.
>>
yeah i think sending your coworkers used condoms crosses over from method acting into being an insufferable try-hard
>>
File: jared-fogle.jpg (154 KB, 640x613) Image search: [Google]
jared-fogle.jpg
154 KB, 640x613
>>68229728
So are his sandwiches.
>>
>>68226972
Does subconsciously absorbing characteristics from people, whether real or not, constitute autism? Do they just call autism "in character" in Hollywood?

I remember when I watched The Office a lot, I subconsciously would do Jim's funny look thing IRL. Was I actually just in character and not autistic?
>>
>>68230069
I did the shit Paulie from Sopranos did with his fingers after I finished it for the first time. It went off after a while, shit happens to me when I like a character.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.