[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
uncle boonmee who can recall his past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: uncle_boonmee.jpg (98 KB, 535x713) Image search: [Google]
uncle_boonmee.jpg
98 KB, 535x713
Does /tv/ like "uncle boonmee who can recall his past"?
Is it the worst Palme d'Or film ever?

just finished watching it. i know a bit about Buddhism in Thailand and shit about karma. But this film is literally boring as fuck. the last scene is a bit interesting tho ( a monk looking a duplicate of himself doing another shit). however i still have no clue on the message of this film.
>>
Joe's weakest but still some of the best stuff in the century

And no, I think Dheepan has gotten that reputation as carol and son of saul fags are still bitter those flicks didn't win
>>
>>68224483
>Carol and Son of Saul fags
I think most critics wanted The Assassin to win.
>>
>>68224601
Oh yeah that too which somehow got zed at LAFCA

Funny how everyone keeps on capeshit threads
>>
>>68224483
I don't think anyone outright hates Dheepan, it's just an oddly middling choice given Carol, The Assassin, The Lobster and Son of Saul were all there

also, the worst Palme d'Or winner was Fahrenheit 9/11. Uncle Boonmee is difficult but it's a trip
>>
>>68224846
Dheepan was the politically correct choice, just like Fahrenheit 9/11
>>
>>68224846
Oh yeah I forgot farenheit 911. QT the cuck should have been fucked for choosing that

Pretty disrespectful of France considering 9/11 was just three years ago by then
>>
>>68224907
have you seen it? it's not exactly a refugee love-in drum circle
>>
Also, I wonder if Jarmusch or Nichols will win the Palme this year.
>>
>>68224429

Yes I liked it. It's an experience.

You didn't watch it sober did you?
>>
>>68224907
Dheepan isn't even about Arabs.
>>
>>68224429
I enjoyed it as an interesting piece of art. I'm not familiar with the filmmaker. The final sequence made zero sense to me. I enjoyed the middle sequence of the family, and creature, around the table, the princess at the lake fable, and the spooky creatures in the woods. Am I too assume the final bit has some socio-political implications i'm naive to?
>>
>>68225017
The point is that it deals with a contemporary issue and the fact that it won over other serious contenders makes the awards process suspect to political bias.

>>68225033
So what? It's still a refugee story.
>>
>>68225199
Blame the Coens.
>>
>>68225199
I thought it pretty much won due to Jake Gyllenhaal pushing it and the Coens doing shit about it.

Not to say fremaux being the usual tard admitting his faves even when their films aren't finished
>>
File: nicolaswindingrefn__121207193724.jpg (818 KB, 2133x3000) Image search: [Google]
nicolaswindingrefn__121207193724.jpg
818 KB, 2133x3000
>>68225019
>doubting the chinless wonder
>>
>>68225344
Well, he has a chance. I think Miller is a president this year.
>>
>>68225344
He will probably get a midnight slot and will get panned regardless.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.