[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still looking for a new show to watch, the ones I've tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ray-donovan-poster.jpg (140 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
ray-donovan-poster.jpg
140 KB, 1264x711
Still looking for a new show to watch, the ones I've tried haven't kept me interested past Season 1.

Anyone here watch / seen this?

Throw me some opinions, the premise of him being a fixer for rich people sounds bretty interesting.
>>
1st season was good, somewhat went downhill after that, haven't got round to watching the 3rd, probably won't bother.
>>
Watch Peaky Bloinders
>>
>>68210974
Already have breh.
>>
>>68210926

you should really watch Kingdom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUu4nXl7TDI

>but muh mma

it's 1/10 mma and 9/10 best drama on tv in the last 10 years
also Rescue Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgE19tnQeoY
>>
I really like Ray Donovan but I would really like more of his daily routines. There isn't much "fixing" shown for a show about fixer. Of course it shows that he has money, power, resources and contacts but those are only put into use when he or his family member/friend is in need. There is no routine that would correspond to him being the fixer.

Dexter was about a serial killer punishing those left unpunished to adress his urges. So we had a killing done by Dex quite often. Ray Donovan is not fixing things for rich and famous. He is just in the middle of family drama.
>>
List off some shows you like so we can offer better suggestions
>>
>>68212039
Really liked Burn Notice, probably the show that did going under cover the best I've seen, also Mike doing spy shit and telling you about it was interesting to watch.

Oz was great, don't see any other worthy prison dramas out there though (not interested in OITNB).

Boston Legal, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Justified were a few others I've enjoyed over the years.
>>
>>68212139
How about Deadwood?
>>
It's just started but The Path is something I've liked so far. Here are the first two eps: https://mega.nz/#F!3l0nHRLC!BDAuPBugYdHpOKJsM41OJA
>>
>>68211843
>There isn't much "fixing" shown for a show about fixer

That's a shame, this was the main draw for me.

Interested more in that than family drama.
>>
The Knick and Rectify
>>
File: 112263.jpg (65 KB, 952x536) Image search: [Google]
112263.jpg
65 KB, 952x536
I've been watching pic-related and it is very good. It also only like 8 episodes so not a huge time investment, but still very exciting.
>>
>>68212245
Not OP but pretty solid show with some poor editing and acting occasionally. I'm actually bummed that it's only 8 episodes because I look forward to seeing Sarah Gadon looking gorgeous every episode
>>
File: kreiger1.jpg (87 KB, 843x473) Image search: [Google]
kreiger1.jpg
87 KB, 843x473
Watched Archer yet?
1-4 GOAT
season 5's mostly shit
but 6 got better and 7's started of great
>>
>>68212482
I lost interest after S3.
>>
>>68212227
>Rectify
If OP struggles to "keep interested" in shows, and in his post suggests something so plebian as Ray Donovan of all things, do you REALLY think he will be interested in an ultra-slow burning arthouse drama like Rectify?

I mean, the show is fantastic, but come on. Know your audience.
>>
>>68213178
>Ray Donovan is plebian

???

It's a smartly written show and doesn't spoonfeed the audience, it's certainly not made for the masses.

Stop being such a pretentious cunt.
>>
>>68212139

If you haven't seen the Sopranos, obviously that.
>>
>>68210926
>try to watch a show about fixer
>end up watching his fucked up brothers' miserable lives
>>
>>68213246
Smartly written show? Are you fucking serious?

I bet you think Dexter is smartly written too.
>>
>>68214241
Ray Donovan blows Dexter right out of the park in terms of writing and I liked Dexter fine save for some shitty seasons.
>>
>>68210926
You could at least give a list of shit you actually like.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.