[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people not like this? It's fucking awesome, I saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 400x600
Why did people not like this?

It's fucking awesome, I saw it 3 times in theaters
>>
>It's fucking awesome

hello r e d d i t
>>
>>68209934

So is there a list of acceptable complimentary phrases that can be used on 4chan?
>>
>>68209934
I apologize for using an adjective that triggered you.
>>
It was fine. Just too generic.
>>
S O U N D T R A C K
>>
>>68209882

I thought it was a decent film with great visuals, but as an vid sci-fi reader, nothing was original/new or even remotely a good story/plot.

If you want good sci-fi watch Edge of Tomorrow or Elysium.
>>
>>68210210
Oblivion was a great sci fi flick
Jessica Chastain was hot as fuck
>>
>>68210274

Wrong actress.
>>
>>68209882
I liked it OP, I don't understand the flack Tom Cruise receives I think he's just too awesome for some people to handle so they have to criticize him
>>
File: 1460513530861.jpg (597 KB, 936x1170) Image search: [Google]
1460513530861.jpg
597 KB, 936x1170
>>68210306
>>68210274
I think you mean Olga
>>
The movie has flaws but I havent seen it since its release to properly point them out.

Similar to The edge of tomorrow.
>>
Idk I didn't like how they reused the arrow to the knee joke. That was from skyrim
>>
>>68210210

elysium was pure shit, edge of tomorrow was watchable, like once, but that's about it.
>>
>>68209981
>reddit
this is the most obnoxious meme.

It's a good film though, not great. I love the art design.
>>
yet another great Cruise action flick that went under the radar, just like Edge of tomorrow
>>
>>68209882
I've seen it a few times, I really like it. We rarely get standalone sci-fi movies that look amazing as this, I wish they'd make more. Story wasn't mind blowing but it was pretty sound. Did people not like it?
>>
>>68209882
The only movie I rated 10/10
>>
>>68212264
Edge of tomorrow is a gem. It's funny, the action is great, the concept is great. There's literally nothing glaringly wrong with it. Objectively it's a pretty good movie. "watchable" doesn't quite do it justice.

Elysium had cool art direction and a good premise but with poor, ham-fisted execution
>>
>>68209882
fairly generic & predictable

not bad, but unremarkable
>>
>>68212274
Its not even a good movie though. Bad characters, bland acting, lol worthy science, dumb plot. The only reason its remembered is because people were dazzled by ipod "scifi"
>>
Stylish, but no substance
I remember the mechanical design more than the plot
>>
>>68209882
It's a bland and generic version of "Moon".
>>
I liked the first half of the movie, it went downhill when he found his wife.
>>
It's like a mish-mash of 4 different sci-fi movies and all of them quite cliché.

The soundtrack is awesome though.
>>
>>68209882

It's a comfy film, and I always enjoy watching it. The story is easy on the mind, the music easy on the ears, the visuals easy on the eyes. Kosinski knows his shit when it comes to conceptual industrial/architectural design; Cruise knows how to perform the nondescript relatable protag; Olga is beautiful and endearing and can sell a strong woman worth wedding, bedding, and fighting for.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.