[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long before comic book movies are exhausted and they turn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 115896.jpg (2 MB, 1941x2817) Image search: [Google]
115896.jpg
2 MB, 1941x2817
How long before comic book movies are exhausted and they turn to adapting anime?
>>
it's already next up on the chopping block
>>
>>68209568
Good anime. Smart choice, OP.
>>
They've already started.
>Kite
>Absolutely no penetration, double penetration, or sex in general
It's not going well.
>>
>>68209603
>Good
>anime

>>>/r/weaboo
>>
>>68209681
Don't be like that.
>>
It'a already happening.
>>
>>68209568
Soon, enjoy seeing

>Ghost in the Shell turned into a generic action struggle against big faceless corporations or something
>Akira, where Kaneda and Tetsuo are brothers because the idea of close friends is too complicated for freedoms
>Dragon Ball/Z, with all goofy charm replaced with quips
>Sailor Moon, starring Amy Schumer
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (460 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
460 KB, 1680x1050
Personally I can't wait for the inevitable live-action Jojo movies.
>>
>>68211286
I can actually see this working pretty well. It's a shame Derek Jarman's dead, but surely somebody out there could do it justice. Who is the ultimate homosex aesthetics-lord working in film right now?
>>
>>68209568
>the anime adaptation of batman
>>
File: 1440071364872h4y.png (193 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1440071364872h4y.png
193 KB, 680x680
>>68211253
>Berserk into a faithful hard R that's really good
>Everyone sees Eat Pray Love III: The Falafel of Bohemia instead
>>
>>68209603
its very good but also kind of western in tone
>>
>>68211322
>batman

Doesn't he fight giant monsters in that robot in the background?
>>
>>68211339
normies gonna norm

personally I think we should just kill them all.
>>
>>68211339
Berserk is probably one of the few anime that I think could actually be executed really well as a western live-action feature. It's 50% Go Nagai but the other 50% is Paul Verhoeven.

And also the Golden Age arc, which in my opinion is where Berserk ends (everything else is bonus supplementary material) is pretty much a big, crazy version of the movie Thief. The gist of the story isn't in the politics or the wars, it's about how no matter how strong Guts gets, he still runs away from everything in the end because that's all he knows.
>>
>>68211384
no there are like 5 gaint robot fights and they are rare. its mostly just investigating shit and being philosophical. the premise is that years ago everyone lost there memories so there is a lot of investigating to do
>>
File: netflixandmanifestdestiny.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
netflixandmanifestdestiny.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>68211430
>Paul Verhoeven directs a Berserk adaptation

Holy shit.
>>
>>68211253
>Sailor Moon, starring Amy Schumer
The thought is so terrifying, I kinda want to see that
>>
Edge of Tomorrow was based on a light novel, right?

It's the same as anything else, the main thing stopping such adaptations from being good is the director and everyone else involved doing a shit job at it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.