[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are franchises created by men for men inherently superior to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (300 KB, 1440x601) Image search: [Google]
image.png
300 KB, 1440x601
Are franchises created by men for men inherently superior to franchises created to pander to a female demographic? Because why else would directors feel the need to basically gender bend classic movies? There aren't really any guys saying we should make a male version of any female lead franchise.
>>
Women ruin everything.
>>
>>68208621
because jews run hollywood, women don't really like star wars even if you put a female lead.
>>
>>68208621
Thats because men cant relate to the female-lead movies. No man is gonna be able to relate to the hardships a shopaholic experiences. I buy something when I need it, I never go to the mall/city just with the sole goal of buying SOMETHING.
>>
>>68208621
>>68208678
It's all about forcing SJW propaganda now.

As Kasdan said in an interview, he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when jewish SJW Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing propaganda in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
>>68208621
>There aren't really any guys saying we should make a male version of any female lead franchise.
Guys being ignorant bigots really isn't news... that's why Disney has to show you what's good for you
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 680x478
>>68208621
It's not for men, the hero's journey presented in A New Hope is a classic tale for everyone.

I'm sure this movie will be fine unlike Ghostbusters.

You see, this movie isn't a genderswap because this movie is written with a Female Protagonist in mind while that hot pile of shit that's called Ghostbusters is just a genderswap of the same story, which is wrong.
>>
I cant wait for you MRA fags to be come increasingly more aggravated by a girl in star wars for the next 3 years while the franchise continues to make a shit zillion dollars and influence a new generation of fans who could give a fuck about your zionist/feminist conspiracies.

Let that sink in while you plot your next shitpost. Faggot.
>>
>>68209079
Is MRA even a real thing? I suspect it was just made up by feminists
>>
>>68208719

Watch Adam Curtis' film "Century of Self"
>>
>>68209079

>influence a new generation of fans
>who could give a fuck about your zionist/feminist conspiracies

yeah exactly
>>
>>68209131
/cripchan/gamergate

you tell me.

You've already lost, you just dont realize it yet. Gen X/Millennials who grew up on Star Wars grew up to have daughters who want to see them grow up with strong role models. At least the ones who actually have gotten laid.

what's that word you love to spout? "cuck" is it?

That's you brah. You're the impotent one.
-Chad & Stacey
>>
>>68209305
Why are you talking about MRAs if they're all on cripplechan? Go over there and preach to them instead
>>
>>68209337

So...you need a safe space? Checkmate faggot.
>>
>>68209397
No you're just annoying
>>
>>68209427
For You.
>>
File: bait.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>68209397
Shitty b8 desu senpai
>>
>>68208621
Well to be fair, most action stars and super heroes and such are men, so men wouldn't really feel any need to have franchises changed to suit them.

I don't blame women for minorities for wanting more franchises geared towards them, but I do take issue with them hijacking established franchises rather than making new ones.

Not that I think it's a very big deal anyway as long as the protagonist is written and/or acted well. I do generally prefer a male protagonist, especially a white one, because on a basic level I do relate to him more easily. However I can relate to any protagonist or character if they are done well.

Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley aren't hard at all to relate to for me. Neither is a female Commander Shepard, nor Ice Cube or Cuba Gooding Jr's characters in Boyz in the Hood, or Carl Johnson, or Tommy Vercetti, and so on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.