[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on Heroes? Is it worth a watch (at least 1 season)? Six
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Heroes-T-1920x1080.jpg (37 KB, 556x313) Image search: [Google]
Heroes-T-1920x1080.jpg
37 KB, 556x313
Opinion on Heroes? Is it worth a watch (at least 1 season)? Six episodes in, and it's pretty good.
>>
>>68206118
I feel it jumped the shark somewhere in S3. S4 is safe not to watch.
>>
No show affected by the writer's strike is good.
>>
>>68206177
Why not?
>>
>>68206198
It went full X-Men.
>>
>>68206191
/thread
>>
First two seasons were great, not so much after that
>>
>>68206118
First 2 seasons felt like one epic series. Yeah bro were your at its gonna just keep picking up. Season 3 is also great! Season 4 is not safe to watch. Like that guy said holy shit its so bad. I think that was when the writers strike was going on. Then theres the new Heroes Reborn season which was like watching across Between Heroes and Heroes season 4. Id give it 3 stars but its not good.

Heroes seasons 1-3 I give 5 stars
season 4 I give 1 or 0 star however low i can go.
>>
>>68206191
>>68206503
What writers strike? For what purpose? Did they didn't get enought money?
>>
>>68206553
>What writers strike?
Were you literally 12?
>>
>>68206553
I'm assuming you're not American but there was a big writer's strike in America which basically fucked shows airing at the time. Heroes was one of those shows that suffered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike
>>
>>68206118
Watch Season 1 then stop.
Season 2 is OK but you'll notice the drop in quality.
Season 3 is a mess.
Season 4 was them trying so desperately to keep the show going.
Reborn was a squandered opportunity at bringing the series back. Don't bother watching it either.
>>
>it's a Sylar is the bad guy in season 1 episode
>>
>>68206577
>literally 17

>>68206600
Thanks, m8.
>>
File: 1266462447888.jpg (15 KB, 553x351) Image search: [Google]
1266462447888.jpg
15 KB, 553x351
>>68206652
>mfw sylar vs peter fight was never shown and all we got was some lightning effects behind closed doors

That could have been such a sick fight to end the season, but it was tossed away as if it wasn't important. Holy shit was I mad.
>>
>>68206843
i know, i was so fucking hyped back then
if i recall it was set in the future, the fight wouldn't have affected the present timeline, unleast Sylar takes Hiro's power

>it's a Peter will never get back his powers episode
>>
season 1 was fantastic.
season 2 was okay, merely watchable
season 3 was just terrible
season 4 was better than 3 but not as good as 2
never watched anything past the first episode of reborn

i always tell people to just stop after season 1.
>>
Only season 1 was good and even then it was all a big cocktease in retrospect.

It's amazing how they made characters like Peter and Hiro so powerful so quickly and couldn't see how that might cause problems.
>>
>>68207108
I still can't believe how bad Reborn was. The obvious lack of budget didn't help matters.
>>
>>68207178
Way I heard it network interference was to blame. Creator wanted basically a new cast every season but the network told him he had to stick with the S1 cast.
>>
>>68206843
I remember this.
Holy shit I too was mad back then.
>>
>>68207212
At least it proved one thing, it wasn't the writer's strike that killed Heroes, it was Kring, the man's a hack
>>
Dont watch past S1 FUck the rest its like the matrix or American Horror story.
>>
Damn, the first season was so good. Like one of the best tv-shows of all time. What went so horribly wrong afterwards?
>>
>>68207649
They didn't stick with the original vision of having new characters every season.
>>
>>68207710
Also the writers' strike. They had to rush to end the season two ASAP before the writers strike ended and everything went to hell and that meant abruptly ending several major storylines in ways that didn't make sense and leaving loose ends that never got picked up on.
>>
>>68207793
>writers' strike
this. it funny that sometimes we think that it so easy to write good script but during the strike it turned out without right ppl even mediocre story is too difficult to create. ps. RIP Jericho.
>>
File: niki.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
niki.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>It's a Niki or one of her countless clones episode
>>
File: 1458186765152.jpg (98 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1458186765152.jpg
98 KB, 500x336
>>68206503
But season 4 was better than 2 or 3.
>>
lol no
horrible show. season 1 was hyped at the time because capeshit wasnt as widespread as today.

but its aged horribly. the cgi, the writing, the abilities, everything is just fucking trash.
>>
>>68208071
>it's an Ali Larter makes me completely erect episode
>>
Fuck no, Heroes is awful.

There's never any satisfying conclusions. Even when there's some sort of showdown, it's usually not shown to the viewer, or is incredibly vague.

Instead there's a lot of shitty exposition that manages to be more coma inducing than TWD. Also after season 1 it just goes full retard.
>>
>>68208143
Less capeshit being rarer and more it benefited from the backlash against Lost and it's god-awful first half of season three.

Heroes was hyped so loudly as "Lost done right" to such a degree, it scared the producers of Lost into getting their shit together and produce an endgame for the series/force ABC to let them set an end game as opposed to ABC's plan to milk Lost until it became unprofitable and drag shit out until fans abandoned it.
>>
>>68208325
This.

Heroes benefited by aping Lost and producing a first season that was the opposite of how Lost was purposely confusing and vague on it's mythology storyline.

And it hurt Lost so badly, that as >>68208325
said, they had to start actually coming up with an ending to the show and convincing ABC to let them move the series into that direction, because Heroes was killing them in the ratings and in the press.
>>
>>68208325
How is Lost?
>>
>>68208379
Better than Heroes.

Some filler but the show does a TON of callbacks so something small may become major later down the line. They also change the formula as the show progresses and keep it fresh.
>>
>>68208227

If you're into generic blonds, then Claire is clearly superior.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.