[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a show this good ever again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: Adama-feels-good3.jpg (582 KB, 3200x2013) Image search: [Google]
Adama-feels-good3.jpg
582 KB, 3200x2013
Will there ever be a show this good ever again?
>>
>>68201035
Don't make me cry on my own hangar deck
>>
I loved how for the rest of the series they had the same POV shots in space of the Galactica but the ship was all fucked up from the New Caprica battle.
>>
Shows on that level, The kingkiller chronicles and dark tower
>>
It was a shit show meant to draw in low IQ normies and women. Glad it got cancelled.
>>
File: chief-angryy.jpg (88 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
chief-angryy.jpg
88 KB, 600x528
>>68201508
Say that to my face motherfrakker
>>
Pretty scared to be in this thread cus I'm watching just now and I don't want spoiled. Just finished Season 3 and I don't really like the whole 'Starbuck is the key to all this' shit. Feels like it came out of nowhere. However apart from that this show might be one of my favourite shows ever.
>>
>>68201508
I was thinking about this statement and realized the only person I have ever met who has seen this was a normie woman.
I guess you are right
>>
File: 1410470398511.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1410470398511.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>68201035
Only good part of season 3. Show goes south after that.

>muh melody
>muh angels
>all that has happened will happen again
>even the part about the Cylons flying off into space and leaving people on Earth, and the rest of the fleet flying into the sun.

>my
>fucking
>face
>when
>>
Pleb opinions thread?
>"the BSG finale was bad!"
>>
>>68201508
truth
except it didn't get cancelled, just wrapped up in shit
>>
>>68201604

That is one of the biggest complaints people have with the show. Better make your peace with it. It can still be totally enjoyed.

A lot of it was people who were like "omg divine mysticism" as if the show hadn't included that from the first minute
>>
>>68202245
I know this is going to be debated endlessly but there was always the possibility that it was all bs; what Gaius' Six says could just be coincidences, Laura's prophecies could've be attributed to the drugs, etc. Caprica Six having her own Gaius was the first indicator that there really were mystic forces at work
>>
>>68201035
It was a terrible show. OP's pic is literally the last good episode of the entire series. The space combat was excellent but it such scenes were few and far between. The writing was horribly planned out so they had to rely on literal miracles to wrap everything up.
>>
>>68201604
Leave right now.
>>
>>68202405
>Cally gets killed
I hated that character but she didn't deserve to go out like that. And the bitch that killed her was fucking insufferable. just the worst.
>>
>>68202245
Mysticism is fine. Constant Deus Ex Machina being the primary plot driver is not.
>>
It's kinda like True Detective. First season was great. Second was shit.

I've never seen any tv shows drop the ball as hard as these two did.
>>
Adama breaking model ships is my favorite part of this series.
>>
>>68203308
That was First Contact though.
>>
>>68203075
This. BSG had blatantly bad writing.
>>
>>68203853

Kek
>>
>>68201035
>There must be some kind of way out of here!

mfw
>>
File: 200px-StarbuckSystem.jpg (10 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
200px-StarbuckSystem.jpg
10 KB, 200x250
Surprise surprise. The show ran out of gas and lost its direction when the creative team stopped borrowing ideas from the original series.
>>
>>68201035

The most damning thing I can say about that show is that my favorite character was the Galactica. The whole cast was a collection of fucking strange assholes and by the end of the show I hated all of them.
>>
The Pegagus arc is some damn good shit.
>>
I remember the fedora tears with that finale.
>>
>>68201035
The best show ever made...riiiight up until about the last 30 minutes of the final episode.

I didn't know the final half hour of the final episode could ruin an entire showw but goddamn they found a way.
>>
>>68201604
When you get about halfway through the final episode, stop watching and make up your own ending in your head.

Trust me, you will be far happier.
>>
>>68204839
I'M GETTING MY MEN
>>
>>68205001
if the writer's strike went on indefinitely and the show got canceled the last episode would've been Revelations. I would actually kind of love that
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 750x1334
Who killed him?
>>
>>68202245
>>68202358
Mysticism was part of the original show as well. It would have been weird if the reboot didn't include it as well.
>>
File: 200px-RDMcrop.jpg (8 KB, 200x301) Image search: [Google]
200px-RDMcrop.jpg
8 KB, 200x301
>>68201035
> Voyager was a such a shit show, i'm glad i bailed after TNG
> they had no plan whatsoever!
> i will make my own show and with PLAN and waifus!
>>
>>68205941
The mysticism was great all the up until you realize this amazing epic build up led a boring, simplistic payoff.

But up until the end of season 3, it was great.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
>>68206082
>i'm glad i bailed after TNG
You what.
>>
>>68201291
not to mention damages form endless battles with basestars
>>
>>68208126
>>68206082

It's pretty shocking that RDM, a big trekie who worked on TNG and DS9 for like 10 years found his experience on voyager to be so terrible, he left Trek forever after only 2 half scripts.
>>
It was great shit till the Final Five. That really killed it. They should have just made each of the Five a new character save Saul's wife. Also changed the ending to anything except "god did it".

I appreciate a divine hand in a story if done tastefully or subtly (i.e. Bradley losing to Scar in FMA Brotherhood) but God had way too much direct involvement in BTG.
>>
>>68201035
This shit goes off the rails and never recovered.
>>
File: poor poor Voyager.png (623 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
poor poor Voyager.png
623 KB, 1500x1500
>>68208490
Voyager was a clusterfuck. It could have been saved, but the people running it refused to save it.

http://www.lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm
>>
>>68208513
What really got me was the whole THIS ALL HAPPENED IN THE PAST AND ITS GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!!!11 shit. That REALLY killed it for me. That basically made it so nothing at all that happened in the series mattered or was important in the end. All of the themes they explored, all of the cultural, moral, and legal dilemmas they dealt with. I thought maybe they'd used those lessons learned to rebuild society. NO! We're all gonna be dirt farmers and rot away into nothing so that fast forward a zillion years and it happens again lololol god so fahnny.

I wish I'd never even watched it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.