[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speed Racer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: images (2).jpg (40 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
40 KB, 512x288
Just watched this movie, though it was pretty good.

What's /tv/'s opinion on it?
>>
>>68200948
the last race is pure kinography

only gripes with the movie was the fat kid screwing up the last kiss
>>
File: speed racer.gif (2 MB, 400x167) Image search: [Google]
speed racer.gif
2 MB, 400x167
>>68200948
Race visuals were pure sex. Normal outdoor shots were too oversaturated and gaudy though, could've toned it down a little. The Kid and the Monkey were annoying as shit, but John Goodman and Susan Sarandon trying to be good parents after loosing their first son was surprisingly poignant. First and Last races are GOAT. Ahead of it's time t. b. h.
>>
>>68202391
>only gripes with the movie was the fat kid screwing up the last kiss
This. It was an excelent movie. It all fit perfectly together.

>kino
I don't know what this means.
>>
>>68200948
beautiful, but corny

I bet it would be amazing to watch on drugs
>>
Didn't like the colors. Too much effort went into making it look like a cartoon, rather than a live action piece inspired by a cartoon. If you want a cartoon, make a cartoon.

Other than that, I'm okay with it.
>>
>>68202600
Kino is visual cinematography perfection
>>
The thunderhead scene was my favorite
>>
>>68202638
Why is it called kino?
>>
File: speed racer 073.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
speed racer 073.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>68202844
It's a meem
>>
So I only watched the first and the last race. Did the Kino gods bless me?
>>
>>68200948
Underrated masterpiece.

In 50 years they will be teaching it in film schools
>>
File: 1460299626142.gif (4 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1460299626142.gif
4 MB, 500x282
>>68202544
is there a webm version of that gif?
>>
>>68202844
>>68202867

Because of Vertov. How the fuck do you guys not even understand your own meme?
>>
>>68200948
i fucking love it
>>
>>68202544
>Ahead of it's time t. b. h.

No, it was absolutely perfect for its time. I'm glad it came out before Avatar and all the 3d shit. It's a perfect 2D movie that would have been ruined if it came out later.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.