[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MadTV to Return With 8-Episode Run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: madtv_header.jpg (291 KB, 659x494) Image search: [Google]
madtv_header.jpg
291 KB, 659x494
>The new incarnation will air as eight one-hour episodes on the CW network. It will feature a new cast but the same “pop-culture parodies and politically incorrect humor” as the original version, the network said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/arts/television/madtv-to-return-with-8-episode-run.html?_r=0

Will it be good?
>>
>>68186546
Only if they bring back Coach Hines and Steven Seagal
>>
>>68186546
Definitely needs Michael McDonald, Aries Spears, Bobby Lee and Will Sasso.
>>
>>68187962
and Debra.
>>
>>68187962
Drop Aries Spears, and you'd be correct.
>>
>>68187962
Remember how Michael McDonald stayed on the show till it was cancelled? Some sad shit Would he really look forward to playing Stewart again?
>>
>>68186546
Only if Will Sasso came back

REMINDER: There was a MadTV reunion special a few months ago and NOBODY watched it
>>
File: artie.jpg (12 KB, 380x255) Image search: [Google]
artie.jpg
12 KB, 380x255
Only if this guy shows up.
>>
if they go with a completely new cast i hope they get "no names" instead of a bunch of SNL dropouts

>>68188228
i thought artie was dead. apparently not
>>
>>68186546

>will feature a new cast

fuckin dropped
>>
I don't see it working. CW will probably reject all the skits they do, making it a very watered down product with All That (after everyone left) tier jokes.
>>
>>68188228
>>68188263
he's gotten a lot of work recently actually. He's going to be in the new Judd Apatow show
>>
Bobby Lee should have a much bigger career. Guy's funny.
>>
SNL was always funnier. SNL is shit and people hardly watch that now. Maybe it'll do alright. But I don't see it finishing an 8 ep run.
>>
Can't be any worse than SNL.
>>
File: my_white_mama.jpg (14 KB, 282x253) Image search: [Google]
my_white_mama.jpg
14 KB, 282x253
>>68188228

Don't make me break my foot off in yo ass
>>
It'll just be dude republicans lmao and fuck having laws and borders and shit
>>
File: artie-lange-judy-caprio-3.jpg (216 KB, 852x1025) Image search: [Google]
artie-lange-judy-caprio-3.jpg
216 KB, 852x1025
>Why didn't they call me?
>>
>>68188442

no matter how talented the cast is, SNL has always been shit. it's middle school humor, always has been.
>>
>>68188175

Hey.

I did.
>>
>>68188575
It was pretty great in the early years and late 90s-around 2011 or so.
>>
>>68188575
this, madtv skits blew SNL's out of the water, plus they dont fucking laugh during skits
>>
>>68187962
>Michael McDonald
He is listed as being on the show on his wiki
>>
>>68188442
SNL was always more consistently 'funny' but it hasn't had any balls since fuckin adam sandler and its never been 'good'

mad tv was mostly shit but they weren't afraid to wallow in it, producing some real transcendent shit occasionally.

where would you be without ms. swan or stuart?
>>
File: rogerschicken.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
rogerschicken.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
OH BOY THIS IS GONNA SUCK
>>
>8 episode run

MAD TV gone brit?
>>
>>68186546
LITERALLY who the fuck are these people?

no phil lamar
no will sasso
>>
Hi I'm Kenny Rogers and welcome to Jackass
>>
>>68188751
This. Dead on arrival.
>>
File: youre a fucking mall santa.jpg (457 KB, 770x1145) Image search: [Google]
youre a fucking mall santa.jpg
457 KB, 770x1145
>>68186546
Not racially diverse enough for my tastes. 5 white people in a cast of 10, are you fucking kidding me?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.