[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I'm never touching that thing again! I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 29
File: ss+(2016-04-12+at+01.57.02).jpg (146 KB, 944x799) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-12+at+01.57.02).jpg
146 KB, 944x799
>"I'm never touching that thing again! I don't want any part of this!"
>Runs away like a pansy bitch
>Gets captured by the first order multiple times
>Keeps wanting to go back to jakku even though everyone keeps telling her shes acting retarded

I dunno, after my most recent rewatch of this, the marry sue comments feel a little easy to debunk. I'm still kinda frustrated with how great she is at piloting/mechanics, but I wouldn't really call her a marry sue
>>
>>68167456
She's deemed a Mary Sue because she's physically great at everything. But emotionally she's revealing against her past/the truth.
>>
>>68167456
I'm a little tired of all of this to be quite honest, family.
>>
>>68167456
She's not a Mary Sue. She has some explanations that the audience can easily miss. However, she is still written to save the day too much and that makes her a boring character with no room for development.
>>
>>68167594
Also the fact that everybody loves her.

The ultimate Mary Sue character would be somebody that tells everybody off while saving the day by doing everything they attempt amazingly well and having people love them regardless of having reasons to.
>>
One of the most identifiable and consciously copied aspects of the monomyth is the hero's refusal of their purpose before being thrust back into their fate

you mouthbreather
>>
>>68167456
Finn had the same arc. He spent most of the first half running away. But when Rey got captured he ran straight at Kylo Ren's ship.

Finn was "trained for one thing but had nothing to fight for" till he was inspired to fight. Rey was the same way, she grew up in the ghetto as a scrapper and pilot "weve got one!"

Poe and Han inspired him as much as Maz and Han inspired Rey.

If anything, the script went out of it's way to explain why they were not your memeword.
>>
Just because there are possible explanations for her being great at everything doesn't not make her a Mary Sue.
I swear nobody fucking gets this, she's still a goddamn Mary Sue
>>
File: 1457694515399.jpg (71 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1457694515399.jpg
71 KB, 569x802
>>68169041
Well if she was a Mary Sue was this character.

For You?
>>
>>68167594
>But emotionally she's revealing against her past/the truth.

I don't know what you're tying to say here
>>
the fight between rey and kylo should been a draw. the ground breaking apart would have been the end of the fight, neither victorious. instead rey embarrassed the villain of the movie who already seemed beta once he took off his mask
>>
>>68167456

Dude, Rey is the villain. She was mind-wiped and left on Jakku. Luke thinks she's there to kill him at the end of TFA. It's the British accent that gives it away, hers is the heaviest accent, meaning she's the most evil villain in the Star Wars Universe!
>>
At least it wasn't

>stormtroopers bust through doors and demand them to surrender
>rey fights them off
>"Yeah okay I can see this is useful after all"
>>
>>68169291

Yep. Rey's definitely a sith sleeper agent. A mirror image of Finn's turn from dark to light.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>68169041
you sound upset.
>>
File: 1445819300075.jpg (65 KB, 552x528) Image search: [Google]
1445819300075.jpg
65 KB, 552x528
Where the fuck was she even going to go?
>>
>>68169296
That kind of happened with the gun.
>>
>>68167456

Yeah, she got crazy visions from touching it. Then, later on, she decided to pick it up and use it to fight. She'd never encountered the force before, and her mind was suddenly filled with threatening visions. This isn't a fault or a weakness. If someone slipped you drugs at a bar, would you be considered flawed for getting freaked out by being drugged?

Again, she was basically super-drugged at a bar, no wonder she wants to gtfo. Again, not a flaw or even a weakness.

>Gets captured by the first order multiple times
You mean once? When she get frozen in place and then put to sleep? Yeah, man, it's a good thing she wasn't harmed in any way or anything at least, just gently carried away. Again, not really a flaw, and barely a weakness.

>Keeps wanting to go back to jakku even though everyone keeps telling her shes acting retarded
Yeah, she wants to go back to her home where, while it was a shit show, at least she wasn't being attacked and drugged all the time. This isn't really a flaw at all, barely a weakness, if you can even call it that, and she's completely over it at the end.

Now let's go over her Mary Sue-traits!
>Gets attacked by three enemies and fights them all off without a scratch
>Outruns an (apparently well-trained) First Order soldier running in a straight line
>Despite having no knowledge of how to fly spaceships, especially the Millenium Falcon, she can expertly dog fight two trained First Order pilots in their smaller, faster ships, all while single-handedly flying a ship that requires two people to fly.
>Knows how to fix Hans' ship faster than he can
>Releases monstrous aliens on a small ship that decide not to attack her for no reason, and that she kills/stops unscratched
>Is liked by ever single non-First Order person who meets her
>Was called to by Luke's/Anakin's own lightsaber (which the new Yoda somehow has)
1/2
>>
Rei would be a much better character if it was Ben Solo instead.

Everything about the movie would have been better had they swapped positions.

>instead of kylo Rey we get the worst of both worlds
>>
>>68169701
You're really stretching but keep going. It's amusing you have all of this saved on your HD, or are typing it out frantically.

No one can ever call you a 4chan Mary sue! You've been practicing for a long time.
>>
>>68167456
>>68169701
2/2
>The psychotic villain treats her with the utmost care, putting her to sleep, gently carrying her, making sure she never gets hurt
>Manages to overpower said extremely powerful force user in the force, to the point where they are thrown back by her
>Bullshits out of nowhere a jedi power to an extremely strong level within a minute or so of overpowering the sith force user
>Is completely undetected while she practically manages to escape a massive First Order base, only stopping to join up with her friends, one of whom was willing to risk literally everyone in the galaxy for her
>Gets into a fight with the same very well-trained sith user later on (and don't give me the bullshit "oh he was wounded" excuse, pain and anger literally make sith stronger), manages to not lose any limbs and, after a moment of concentration, she beats his ass into submission, all the while using a weapon she has never used before
>When she later returns to base, she is hugged by Leia, who doesn't even know her, but would rather sympathize with her over Hans' death than Chewie
>Then takes the Millenium Falcon to go find Luke to train with him

Basically, she's good at everything, everyone likes her/wants her, and she is almost never in a situation she can't easily handle.
>>
>>68169805
Please explain how I'm stretching. As for typing it, yes I am, I can type fast, and I wanted to put my thoughts down. A few moments do not replace everything else in this movie.
>>
>>68167456
Rey would have been better if she were the "Han Solo" of the group, a tough well-experienced member of the group that introduces the freshman Finn to the galaxy and its dangers. Instead the movie pretends she is the freshman, even though she already has the experience to handle anything that comes her way. It's like if Han waltzed over to Tatooine and Obi-wan decides to train him, while Luke stands in the background doing fuck-all.
>>
>>68169805
So, any response incoming, or are you just not able to support your own ideas? If you're so sure about what you believe, it shouldn't be hard for you to stand behind it, right?

>>68170023
Thinking about Finn, I still find the fact that he was a janitor apparently means he's also a good enough soldier to be on the front lines to be odd. Also, the reason he wants to get away from the army is because the murder and death was apparently too much for him, even with brainwashing, as we're shown when he holds his dying ally, as well as when he was ordered to kill the people in the town, but when he and Poe are escaping, he's extremely excited, happy, and proud to be murdering dozens of his fellow soldiers. It felt really bizarre to me.
>>
File: merry sioux.jpg (71 KB, 599x588) Image search: [Google]
merry sioux.jpg
71 KB, 599x588
>>
File: 1458729364089.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1458729364089.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>
>>68170590

Looking at this picture, it really feels like they shot themselves in the foot with the newest movie. While Luke originally started out weak and grew over the course of three movies ( and still had his ass handed to him ), Rey started out as pretty much one one of the strongest people around. From this point on, all she's going to do is get more powerful. She already was able to do so much in the first movie, how much more unstoppable will she be when she's been trained by Luke? Seriously, what will be able to topple her? It won't be ship battles since she's proven she's better than possible the First Order's best pilots. It won't be sword fighting, she was able to learn how to do it in a matter of seconds and beat a Sith who was powering himself up as he went along. It won't be in the force, because she's proven herself to be extremely strong in it.

Seriously, what are they going to do to her so that she doesn't stomp the universe with ease?
>>
>>68170857
this is why shes called a mary sue. she way too proficient and way too loved by everyone she meets. character building is out the window with her.
>>
>>68170857
Ren's going to grow, too.
>>
File: #groanzone.jpg (108 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
#groanzone.jpg
108 KB, 500x700
>>68170933

The most blatant example of her being loved has got to be when she gets back after blowing up the new Death Star (And the fact that they lampshaded [I'm pretty sure I'm using that right] how similar their own movie is really annoyed me), and they return back to the rebellion or whatever they're called. Chewie comes out first and, despite having known Chewie for years, and also knowing he was probably Hans' closest friend, Leia decides to hug some random girl and bond with her about how sad it is that Han is gone.

That just reads like bad fanfiction.
>>
>>68170857
What if.... she will join the Dark Side and Ren will go Light?
>>
>>68167456

I was at a restaurant with my wife a few weeks ago.
My wife went to the bathroom and told me when she got back, that when she walked in a woman was taking the loudest piss she ever heard, like someone running a bath with both taped turned on fully. My wife peed, washed her hands and was fixing her hair and lipstick when the woman finally stopped, my wife waited around to see the monster that had unleashed that torrent in the cubicle next to her (who at this point was still going), expecting some giant hamplanet, imagine my wife's surprise when the piss finally stopped and out walked Daisy Ridley.

My wife said she was already going when she walked in and went for at least a further two minutes, her flowing only slowing in the last 10 seconds or so.
>>
>>68170590
>flying a T-16, the space equivalent of a home made helicopter, bombing space rats in the desert
>instantly the same as flying a combat heavy fighter against tie fighters in a major military operation against a heavily fortified space fortress.

top kek.
>>
>>68171019
But how so? He's weaker in the force, was bested in sword play, can't control his temper, and is in a mental war with himself and the light, an idea that sounds so edgy I practically laughed at it.

Everything he did, Rey beat him, again and again. Hell, she was most likely just going to straight-up kill him if not for the planet cracking in half, separating them.

Ren being so weak also just furthers the fact that nothing in this movie feels threatening, nothing about the villains feels dangerous. Every single time anything happens that could remotely show that the "villains" are actually an even just worrying presence, it's taken away.

>>68171090
It'd be interesting, but I doubt it will happen

>>68171131
Actually, the ship Luke flew in on his home planet is canonically the same as the ship he flew in for the trench run. He can fly it so well because, while the exterior is different, the controls are all the same. I really do hope you're not about to suggest Luke's a Mary Sue.
>>
She's a literal fan character...
>>
>>68171198
And it shows, frustratingly so.
>>
I feel a lot of the Mary Sue argument doesn't really hold up

>She flies/knows the Falcon better than Han!
Consider this; it had been on Jakku for about a decade and retrofitted with a lot of mods that Rey more than likely installed or at least maintained. Even her escape from the Tie fighters isn't as graceful as Han or Lando's manuvers, cause she was crashing into piles of shit. She'd have never been able to fly out of a hanger at light speed like Han or land at it either

>>68170590
Also the last point on that for Rey is retarded considering that speaking multiple languages is a consistent thing in Star Wars, and isn't as big a barrier as it is IRL. Hell, even because she lives on a planet that's a huge pot of different aliens and droids, why wouldn't she speak either?
>>
>>68171124
> can even piss louder then anyone else

Not even surprised.
>>
>>68171194
>He can fly it so well because, while the exterior is different, the controls are all the same

A 7 ton dump truck has the same controls as a formula 1 race car, put a dump truck driver in a formula one car and see how well he does.

not only that but T-16's were built for low altitude atmospheric flight only. they don't work in space and they sure as hell won't handle or operate the same. Add that and Luke's complete and total lack of combat experience and you cant possible formulate a reasonable excuse as to why Luke didn't get shot down in the first 10 seconds.
>>
>>68170289
Finn's characterization didn't sit well with me at all. He seems like a completely normal, somewhat goofy and humorous dude, which to me felt very unfitting for what his background was. That is really my biggest problem with the movie, the characters and their actions just don't make sense.
>>
>>68171252

She beats the main bad guy in a force/lightsabre fight.

Nitpicking the smaller points is irrelevant.

She beats the main bad guy at his own game.
>>
you have to be one of those fucked up /tv/ lifers to spend any time at all caring about this movie and what people have to say about it. enjoy it, or don't for christ sake.
>>
>>68171349
> don't discuss movies on a movie discussion board

Look everyone, it's this retard again.
>>
>>68171349
Kill yourself fuckwad.
>>
>>68167686
you expect anyone here to even grasp basic story telling?
you flatter me pham.
>>
>>68170794
this is a helmet is it not?
I helmet!
>>
>>68169502
jakku
>>
>>68171364

maybe the first 400 times was enough, dipshit.
>>
File: you arent even worth a kb.jpg (791 B, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
you arent even worth a kb.jpg
791 B, 195x195
>>68167686
>he bought into the hero's journey meme
>>
>>68169701
>>68169882
It's Han's. His name is Han. Apart from that you're pretty much right. You also forgot
>gets praised for messing with the Falcon, instead of being told to back off like Luke, when he tried to be a backseat driver
>Is allowed to touch Chewie without having limbs almost ripped off
>Understands Wookie and Droid
>>
>>68167679
You mean how the loner Rey rejects Finn's romantic advances, pilots the Falcon better than Han, sword fights better than Kylo, and has Han offer her a spot on the Falcon's crew?

Yeah, totally not toeing the line there.
>>
>>68171347
After he had taken a bowcaster bolt (Remember, bowcaster bolts aren't regular plasma like blasters, they're slugs propelled at high speeds using magneism, so like rail guns), wracked with conflict after killing Han, and getting his dominant arm clipped by Finn

If he was at full power, he'd have straight up killed her. But this was a combined effort by 3 different people beating Kylo Ren, and just boiling it down to "Rey singlehandedly beats him" rubs out the accomplishments of Chewie and Finn
>>
>>68167594
>But emotionally she's revealing against her past/the truth.
*but emotionally, she's still the average woman
>>
>>68167456
I feel like the film needed to devote a little more time to her internal struggle, but it was too busy jerking itself off with nostalgia characters and iconic imagery.
Hopefully the next movie focuses a bit more now that we got the jerking off out of the way.
>>
>>68171252
>Only Mod was the limiter, which she tells Han about, and still is the first one to find and fix
>After her shoddy start she is flying along inside a ship, dodging through tighter corridors and areas than in the Death Star in episode VI
>Out-flies pilots in better ships who are trained from childhood
>Is single-handedly flying a ship that is flown by two pilots
>Has no experience piloting ships before

>>68171312
Doesn't matter, canonically, they're the same ship, which is why he knows how to, and can, fly it. He also references flying through huge trenches before on his home planet. Thirdly, he almost WAS shot down, but was saved, once again, by his friends.

>>68171334
Yeah, a lot of the characters were odd in this. "Oh no, a literal sith is standing in front of me and has me prisoner! Time to crack a joke!"

>>68171397
Yeah, I realized my mistake and I used Han later in my posts after. Also,Yup to pretty much all of those as well.
>>
>>68167456
she gets herself into bad situations, but always gets out by herself.
>>
>>68171465
>>Has no experience piloting ships before
She had a flight simulator at her house.
>>
>>68171039
its ebony darkness raven dementia way all over again, except this time its main stream.

>new harry potter remake with dumbledore yelling "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" when?
>>
>>68171403
Sith canonically get stronger the more pain and suffering they're enduring, which is partially why Vader's suit pisses him off to no end. That was why he was punching it, to power himself up further. As for the rest of the fight, yeah, he gets clipped lightly by Finn, easily beats Rey until she decides to think about a concept she has no real experience with, and then suddenly beats him into submission.

>>68171489
"Man, it's a good thing I was able to easily fight off multiple surprise attacks with ease! And Learn how to fly an old ship in a matter of seconds! And Learn to use the force! And learn to duel with a light saber!"
>>
>>68171252
>Consider this; it had been on Jakku for about a decade and retrofitted with a lot of mods that Rey more than likely installed or at least maintained
Why would you consider that? The Falcon is a big reveal and never mentioned as part of her every-day scavenging lifestyle. She's shown traveling on a speeder/swoop bike and living in an AT-AT. Maybe you'll luck out with an extended edition scene showing her familiarity with the Falcon, but as the movie is cut now, the audience has no evidence to conclude that she should be intimately familiar with the ship. Hell, when she babbles on about the alterations that were made to it, your first reaction should be "why does she know that? Why is the movie telling and not showing?"
>>
File: 1448969595390.jpg (7 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1448969595390.jpg
7 KB, 246x250
Rey should have barely survived the fight against Kylo Ren, despite him being hurt. It would have made the movie much more dramatic and Kylo a better villain. Instead she defeated him...
So what's next? After training with Luke she is going to turn Kylo back to the light side of the force and kills Snoke who is telling her that he will become more powerful because he is Darth Plagueis and knows how to cheat death?
>>
>>68171312
this isnt real life this is star wars. canonically the incom corporation who made the x-wing and t-16 made all their crafts pretty much clones with different designs so people familiar with the crafts could fly each one with little to no problem. also considering luke wanted to join the imperial flight academy its not too far fetched to believe he had been studying fighter tactics, dogfights, and the like
>>
>>68167456
Who cares, Rian Johnson will deliver the Starķinȭgrąphé we deserve,
>>
>>68171194
>He's weaker in the force, was bested in sword play, can't control his temper, and is in a mental war with himself and the light, an idea that sounds so edgy I practically laughed at it.
It is established in the movie that he's conflicted. Besides, he gets injured and has orders to bring her alive. Rey also uses some dark side.
>>
>>68171573
>posting mike
>who loved the movie and failed to recognize any of its flaws

baka senpai
>>
>>68167456
>challenged by any little thing
>runs to safe space forest
>>
>>68171465
1. Han was trying to keep the ship in hyperspace so it wouldn't be voided
2. Only mostly on pure luck and bullshit, most commonly associated with force sensitives, which still doesn't really make someone a Mary Sue
3. She flies once, in a fluke chase that's mostly getting tailgated
4. Obviously very clunkily, or did you not notice how she had to do a bunch of turns to improvise as opposed to the co-pilot simply using the computer or other systems
5. She had, it's stated before "I've flown ships before" and her experience is roughly the same as Luke's, flying low altitude propulsercraft and other cargo ships back and forth

>>68171334
Finn is a guy who is stuck with the equivalent to brainwashed gung-ho killers. He's a good soldier in sims, which normally should get him promoted, but he's too nice. He cares more about his comrades and their safety than the mission, which leads to his other squadmates detesting him. It's also why phasma took a liking to him
>>
>>68171574
Don't bother arguing with him. He's been dunked on before in these threads and comes back with the same dribble every time.
>>
>>68171514
She states in the movie that she doesn't know how to fly. The ship she's flying is designed to be flown by two people at once, not one. It's a ship far older than any she's really used to. In a matter of moments she's able to out-fly trained pilots in better ships.

I've heard the excuse that she had a flight simulator in her house, but it's never brought up in the movie once and, like I said, she states she's not a pilot. Adding a reason for why a character can do something after the fact doesn't make the original event better, it just attempts to excuse what was originally an error.

>>68171590
He was also trained by both Luke, and a Sith Lord, slaughtered Luke's own students, and was able to perform feats with the force not seen before in the films. Also, as stated before, pain makes Sith stronger, and even if he was ordered to bring her alive, he can still force freeze her, put her to slip, minorly cripple her, disarm her, anything aside from being easily best when she bothers to try.
>>
>>68171465
>He also references flying through huge trenches before on his home planet

The only thing ever says about his "Experience" on his home planet is that he use to bomb womprats. He says fuck all about flying through trenches. The Exact quote is " But it's not impossible, I use to bullseye womprats in my t-16 back home. They're not much bigger than 2 meters".
>>
>>68171529
Well, you could argue at that point that Rey was drawing more on the dark side, the desire to straight up kill Kylo. In the novelizaion it straight up says that she hears a "Dark voice" telling her to kill him
>>
File: o i am laffinn.jpg (55 KB, 497x486) Image search: [Google]
o i am laffinn.jpg
55 KB, 497x486
>>68171398
>Rey rejects Finn's romantic advances
>pilots the Falcon better than Han
>sword fights better than Kylo
>mfw anon lies on the internet
>>
>>68171573
>Rey should have barely survived the fight against Kylo Ren

Snoke literally told Kylo to bring Rey to him alive, because the droid was gone and they desperatly needed to find Luke before the rebels. He already fucked up many times, killing her would have the same effect as losing to her. That's why he fucks up Finn but goes easy on Rey. He even tries to trick her into joining him.
>>
>>68171613
Nice headcanon bro, nothing in the movie suggest that though.
>>
>>68171692
It's mentioned in Before the Awakening, bro
>>
Whatever,she is based as fuck tho,check 1:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOtw5ZrP4E&nohtml5=False
>>
>>68171660
>pilots the Falcon better than Han

Running into EVERY FUCKING THING IN SIGHT = "Piloting better than Han? Ok!

>sword fights better than Kylo

Well, he is a bitch.
>>
>>68171639
>She states in the movie that she doesn't know how to fly.
No, she says the exact opposite twice. "We've got one [a pilot]." And, "I've flown some ships but I've never left the planet."
>>
>>68171715
I don't give a fuck what supplementary product it was mentioned in, if it's not in the movies it's irrelevant.
>>
Rey is good at everything basically because she is Darth Revan, who has been in cryo for a few years
>>
>>68171765
see>>68171755
>>
>>68171642
1. What? Sorry, you lost me on this one.
2. She hasn't even "awoken" at this point, so the force sensitives point is moot, and no, it's not luck and bullshit, she literally performs a trick shot to get one of them.
3. ^
4. Yes, and she still managed to fly the ship well enough to do everything mentioned already, that's an impressive feat, especially in an old ship that hasn't flown in years.
5. If that was said, then pardon me, but, Luke's experience makes far more sense than hers, as he was flying the same kind of ships, whereas she was flying a very old, two pilot ship with ease after a few moments.

>>68171613
>He cares more about their safety
>"YEAH DID YOU SEE THAT? YEAH!"

>>68171647
So then she's also better at he dark side than him as well. Incredible, he's even more shit than I originally thought.

>>68171642
He also mentions flying through canyons back home, a similar experience as to the trench run, so yes, he has experience flying through a trench-like space while hitting tiny targets in the same type of ship.
>>
>>68171746
>Hits stuff at the start
>Totally excuses the intense, flawless fighting and trick shot she does immediately after.
>>
>>68171783

"He also mentions flying through canyons back home"

Source it with timestamp and direct quote. Protip you can't.

>in the same type of ship.

Again T-16 is as much an X-wing as a gyro copter is an f-15 strike eagle.
>>
>>68171798
>flawless fighting and trick shot she does immediately after.

Finn was on the guns Senpai not rey.
>>
>>68171783
When your buddies start gunning down innocent people and then start shooting at you for trying to escape, what are you gonna do?

And yeah, Kylo Ren is basically the guy who quit Tae-Kwan-Doe and just goes around waving a basesball bat at full strength. He's all muscle and no form
>>
File: original.jpg (163 KB, 738x462) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
163 KB, 738x462
>>68171745
she's so fucking cute
>>
>>68171841
>that faggy little saber twirl he does in between engagements

its pretty much a dibs fedora moment, a "haha im so superior i could win this whenever i want to lol"
>>
>its a Star War thread episode
>>
>>68171814
"It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home!" --Luke Skywalker. Try again.

>Canonically the same type of ships
>"T-Totally different ships though!"
One more time, come on, anon.

>>68171837
Sorry, meant flawless flying.

>>68171841
His first realization of not wanting to be a soldier is when he watches one of his buddies die in his arms. Then, what, hours later, he's happily gunning them down with no remorse, cheering on the fact that he's getting better at murder.

As for Ren, yeah, but he was getting taught Tae-Kwan-Doe by that fighting style's literal chosen one, and then learned a modified version from another master of it, and then went back and beat his old master's entire dojo.

>>68171755
Pardon me, that DOES sound correct. In any case, though, she's still flying a easily 35-year old ship meant for two pilots with relative ease,
>>
>>68171880
Actually, the saber twirl is because his lightsaber isn't strong enough as a normal one

The kyber crystal is cracked, which gives it the serrated look and distinct sound, but also makes the blade weaker. So when he does that twirl when he swings his saber, it's to gain momentum and make the blow stronger to supplement the poor quality blade

It also doesn't help that his form is very sloppy, lightsaber strikes need precison to effectively slice their targets. It's why a direct hit to Finn didn't slice him in half
>>
>>68171745
>two genders
TRIGGERED

Why isn't there a tumblr uproar on that tho?
>>
>>68171940
im not talking about his fighting style. when he stops fighting is what im talking about. every time he takes a break from fighting he twirls the lightsaber and saunters around acting like "im a fuggin badass"
>>
>>68171940
>The kyber crystal is cracked, which gives it the serrated look and distinct sound, but also makes the blade weaker. So when he does that twirl when he swings his saber, it's to gain momentum and make the blow stronger to supplement the poor quality blade

>It also doesn't help that his form is very sloppy, lightsaber strikes need precison to effectively slice their targets. It's why a direct hit to Finn didn't slice him in half
Now this is AUTISM!
>>
>>68171915
1. He's the reservest with no actual field combat whose buddies don't like him very much and are a bunch of killers, and he witnesses a war crime. It doesn't take a genius to see which side is right

2. It's more like learning Tae-Kwan-Doe, quitting and killing everyone, and then learning jujitsu. You'd have to relearn everything all over again

>>68171946
She was making a joke, "All genders, I mean, two genders", joking how there weren't any other gendered characters in the movie

>>68171963
He's a guy who thinks that he's a badass Sith when in reality he's a fucked up manchild, not much else to say
>>
>>68171783
>whereas she was flying a very old, two pilot ship
She was flying an old freighter. If she was doing freelance work as a pilot on Jakku moving salvage and supplies around, an old freighter is exactly what I'd expect her to be flying.

And flying in Star Wars has never really been shown to depend much on the craft. Han can fly an Imperial Shuttle, Luke can fly an X-Wing, Luke says he could pilot whatever kind of ship they'd need to fit Obi-Wan and the droids in, Luke can fly a snowspeeder, Poe can pilot a TIE fighter, Anakin can pilot a Naboo fighter, Anakin can pilot a cruiser. In Star Wars it seems like if you can fly one ship, you can fly them all.
>>
>>68171968
Just because I like the lore doesn't mean you have to bully me anon :(

>>68172033
Star Wars has one of the biggest turn-overs for skills, nearly everything is universal to some degree
>>
>>68171915
>Canonically the same type of ships
And "canonically" Rey has a flight simulator. Either you count shit that's not in the movies or you don't, you can't have it both ways.

>she's still flying a easily 35-year old ship meant for two pilots with relative ease,
Co-pilots don't steer. Is that what you think is happening whenever you get on a plane, that two people are flying it simultaneously? She had trouble using the instrumentation, the shields. That's what a co-pilot does. She can still steer without one.
>>
>>68172021
1. Him being a reserve Janitor sent to the front lines for a mission also seems pretty bizarre, As for his realization, yeah, he goes, "man, murder is wrong, I don't want any part of this" and then he goes on to cheer and get proud of himself for murdering dozens of his fellow soldiers, soldiers whom he knows were brainwashed just like him.

2. And When you consider that that makes it seem like his new fighting style is a lot better, and he's also had a long while to practice it, it only makes him getting so trounced at his own game seem even worse.

>>68172033
Yes, but Luke also was saying that because he didn't like Han and wanted to prove he could do it, even if he might not have been able to. Han being able to fly varying types of ships makes sense given his back ground, Poe's been trained to be a pilot and obviously has experience fighting against the First Order, as well as the fact that he's probably flown older TIE fighters, and Anakin is literally force jesus.

>>68172118
The ships are the same, that's in the movie. Rey's "flight simulator" is something thrown in to try and make some sense as to why she can out-fly better ships in an old hunk of junk she has no experience flying.

I don't believe I ever said that, what I said was she's flying a ship meant for two with ease, hell, with more grace and skill than we've ever seen Han do in the movies.
>>
>>68172021
thats what im saying. its hilarious to see the big bad of a movie desperately trying to be a badass. it just makes me think "please fuck this guy up and end the movie"

vader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kylo

kylo better go lightside or gain UNLIMITED POWER. if he doesnt his character is fucked
>>
>>68172118
>muh flight simulator
>somehow outrun and outgun special forces tie pilots

shes great at everything, why do you assholes refuse to see the truth
>>
>>68172261
Ren's probably one of the biggest edgelords I've ever seen.

"I can feel it, the light trying to drag me away from the darkness! It's so hard being this evil, I constantly just want to give it up, but then my grand father would feel bad, despite probably knowing exactly what my grand father would have said about all of this given my being able to talk to my uncle, who can directly talk to him. Ugh, my life is suffering!"
>>
>>68172238
No where in any of the movies does it mention t-16s and x-wings are the same.
>>
>>68172288
> muh t-16 back home
Can all of a sudden, with zero combat experience, dogfight with veteran tie pilots and is instantly the best pilot in the rebel alliance.
>>
>>68172480
Same/similar cockpits, everyone knows he'll be able to fly them, his friend, who flew the same sort of ships, can fly the x-wings too. Yes, in the films they never explicitly state that they're the same ship, but everything implies that they are.

Now, let's say that we allow the the flight simulator excuse in, which also means you have zero argument when it comes to Luke. Even if she trained with a flight simulator, are you honestly telling me that it would have taught her how to fly a run of the mill, customized over decades of use, hunk of junk ship?

>>68172533
>Has extremely good aim
>Has flown in the same ship all his life
>Has basically been unknowingly trained for this exact moment
>Is only able to do it in the end because he's saved, once again, by his friends

Yeah, so unbelievable, right?
>>
>>68172597
>Even if she trained with a flight simulator, are you honestly telling me that it would have taught her how to fly a run of the mill, customized over decades of use, hunk of junk ship?
Yes, what's the problem?
>>
>>68172533
what did luke do that the other pilots couldnt other than torpedo the death star? nothing. he was on the same plane as the because of his extensive t-16 piloting and because he was force sensitive. he wouldve been killed by vader if not for han saving him.
>>
>>68172624
>heh i played need 4 speed all the time i surely know how a custom ferrari works
>>
>>68172624
The problem is that even if you hand wave away that the idea that the simulator would have a set-up for the Millenium Falcon is a dumb one, the ship has been customized numerous times over the decades. Even if she has experience flying the factory model, she wouldn't have experience flying a customized ship, and especially not to the point where she can out-fly trained fighter pilots.

"I've played flight simulators before!"
"Great, he's an old cropduster that's had parts swapped all about in it, now go take out those two fighter jets while fighting inside of a cave system, all the while doing trick shots."
"Yeah, that's totally believable that I could do that!"
>>
>>68172597
> moisture farmer on hick planet playing hillbilly game of bomb space rat in slow moving bush plane = training for dogfighting and major military campaign against the most heavily fortified fortress in the galaxy, in heavy fighter at attack speed.

>it never once at all mentions they are the same although it implies they are the same without ever giving a single reference at all that they are the same.

Top kek
>>
>>68172634
>what did luke do that the other pilots couldnt
He lived, despite having zero combat training, all the while the rebels most experienced pilots were either shot down or bugged out.
>>
>>68172719

Alright, at this point you're just being willingly obtuse. Luke flew in a civilian version of the ships he later flew in. He flew through a canyon doing fast maneuvers and dodges. He bulls-eyed targets the near-exact right size for his mission. His mission was then to repeat all that, but on the Death Star, not being shot at, and getting saved by his friends.

Everyone knows Luke will be able to fly these ships and has faith that he'll be able to, and his hick friend is also flying the ships, showing that he too has experience from them.

Finally, if you don't agree with the canonical fact that the ships are the same since it's not explicitly stated in the movie, then Rey should have crashed and burned when she tried to fly the Millenium Falcon. Basically, if you say canon outside of the movie be damned, then Rey is entirely unbelievable, and if you say to use the canon outside the movies, your entire point against Luke is moot, and Rey STILL seems like bullshit.

Try harder, anon, I can still sense much hatred in you.

>>68172777
Only lived because his friends saved him, like always. Everyone else was basically bait.
>>
>>68172777
once again, he was saved by han when vader had him locked on and dead to rights
>>
>>68167456
>I'm still kinda frustrated with how great she is at piloting/mechanics

She grew up among pilots and mechanics, and makes her living by disassembling ships for useful parts, so why wouldn't she be good at it?
>>
She's definitely a Sue but overall she's just an immensely poorly written character.

>does everything with ease
>rejects the call to adventure multiple times
>back story isn't even alluded to, just muh mystery

She's garbage.
>>
File: BIGBIGBIG.jpg (96 KB, 723x799) Image search: [Google]
BIGBIGBIG.jpg
96 KB, 723x799
>>68167456
Her tech skills are fine, but she should've struggled with The Force desu
>>
>>68172860
>lives on a planet where her boss doesnt give a fuck about her
>literally no one gives one fuck about her
>shes a good scavenger, but scavenging a ship doesnt mean you ccan pilot a different ship
>calls the falcon a hunk of junk, implying she never really fucked with it

the only thing she maybe couldve done was "bypass the compressor" other than that she shouldve been a naive uneducated little woman so her character could grow
>>
>>68172860
"I can scavenge cars for parts, therefore I should be able to be a stunt driver in a custom car with only a minute's experience of driving it."
>>
>>68172902
>I will nitpick the shit out of a fun movie for kids
ok
>>
>>68172899
She also brags about her piloting abilities to Finn IIRC, so presumably she was doing much more than just salvaging ships
>>
>>68172899
With Luke, there was nowhere to go but up. With Rey, she's already "up" so now it's just about polishing herself, I suppose. Doesn't exactly make for a fun character when two of their only three "problems" gets instantly resolved, and they're basically the best, and most loved/wanted, around.

>>68172920
>I don't have an argument and so I'm going to call this a kid's movie, despite the mass murder, father-killing, slavery, child soldiers, and everything else
Come on, anon, you can just admit you were wrong, no one's going to judge you for it.

>>68172936
She also saw Finn as a big hero, and most likely wanted to show off and make herself seem more impressive than she might actually be.
>>
>>68172936
oh so great lets add that to the list

>great pilot
>great engineer
>great lightsaber duelist
>great blaster user
>great force user
>great "everyone loves me" user
>great xeno teeth
>>
>>68172970
What argument? Luke says in ANH he's a pilot. Rey says in TFA she's a pilot. Case closed.
>>
>>68172899
>she shouldve been a naive uneducated little woman so her character could grow

Heaven forbid that a female character be as competent as a male character...
>>
>>68173022
heaven forbid a female character has flaws like a male character
>>
>>68173022
>a character in the start of a trilogy should be as competent as a character at the end of a trilogy

where does shes go from here? where can she develop?
>>
>>68173006
No, your original statement was that since she scavenged parts and was around pilots, she should be able to fly pretty much anything, which I pointed out was a dumb idea. You responded with, "but it's a kids movie though" and no real argument otherwise. Saying Rey's a pilot is now a different argument, so I'll take it that you concede your original point?

As for your new one, Luke has actual, proper experience with the ship he's going to fly, Rey does not.

>>68173022
Yes, because Luke and Anakin were so competent when we first met them aside from about one to two points about them. Heaven forbid we show a woman struggle so that she can prove herself, isn't it so much nicer to just get to where you want to be and not have to enjoy the journey there? I love it when people skip to the ends of movies instead of watching them, don't you?
>>
>>68173087
>Yes, because Luke and Anakin were so competent when we first met them aside from about one to two points about them.

Pretty much, yes
>>
>>68173087
>Luke has actual, proper experience with the ship he's going to fly
So does Rey via a flight simulator and her speeder.
>>
>>68173058
by the end of the trilogy her face will, hands and feet will be literal vaginas

her characterisation will simply devolve into her vaginal-visage metamorphosis, truly representative of the power of the vagina

her lines will all be replaced with screams of WOMYN STRONK and YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE CUNT

her very presence will cause men's penises to fall off and the women around her to get better pay than men for less work, while retaining their rights to maternity leave

she will truly become the woman all feminists aspire to be
>>
>>68173113
Aaand we're back to being obtuse about things I see!

Luke "I get beat up by everything, I have next-to no force powers, and I'm totally inexperienced with just about anything but my farm life" Skywalker.
Anakin "I'm a slave, I'm a child, I literally need you and your magic powers to set up a deal so that I can risk my life to maybe escape this hell-hole" Skywalker.

Seriously, these two are not that competent at first, and had to go through plenty of struggles to get to where they got to.

>>68173129
"I've played flight simulators and I drive a motorcycle, I can totally fly a customized, old plane I have little(at best)-to no experience with, to the point where I can fly it better than it's two pilots ever could, and even out-fly trained pilots in new ships far more optimal for the course we're going to take."
No, her speeder and her flight simulator does not make everything she does make sense.
>>
>>68173058
Well, if I know my Star Wars, she's going to get her ass kicked in the second movie that she's in

Nothing develops a character like a good old fashioned ass kicking
>>
>>68173234
>Seriously, these two are not that competent at first, and had to go through plenty of struggles to get to where they got to.

Rey's struggles were growing up on shitty desert world without a family, and the only way she could feed herself was salvaging parts

Welcome to Star Wars, where backwater desert shitholes contain the most powerful space wizards
>>
Rey apologists should go back to red hit and then kill themselves. She is a poorly drawn character who isn't worth defending.
>>
File: Patric.jpg (303 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
Patric.jpg
303 KB, 1920x802
>>68173295
fuck off, TFA is a pure kino and Rey is a fine heroin
>>
File: 1556789876790.webm (3 MB, 1218x520) Image search: [Google]
1556789876790.webm
3 MB, 1218x520
>>68173113
>implying
>>
>>68173349
You must be on heroin to like her.
>>
File: 14567890987650.webm (3 MB, 1216x520) Image search: [Google]
14567890987650.webm
3 MB, 1216x520
>>68173354
>>
File: campbell.jpg (170 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
campbell.jpg
170 KB, 640x360
Rey isn't that good at flying the Falcon, she just about totals it by flying directly into the fucking ground and wiping out the front gate of the market. The only reason she ends up winning is home field advantage from plundering the star destroyer for years. She doesn't know how to watch out for military craft or how to evade them, low ground flight is Finn's idea, as well as shooting the Ties.

Probably her biggest fuck up is causing the death of about 15 people with her tech "skills". That leads to the fatal endangerment of Finn, and Chewie gets wounded.

Force skills are actually a representation of her confidence and emotions, nothing wrong with that. Mind fucked and thrown into a goddamn tree, she's not that good with Jedi stuff until she reaches the force under pressure.

>do you even hero's journey /tv/???
>>
File: 145678987000.webm (3 MB, 1218x520) Image search: [Google]
145678987000.webm
3 MB, 1218x520
>>68173373
>>
>>68173354
Rey has a different background, though. She survived in a desert alone, Luke was a fuccboi living with his aunt and uncle
>>
>>68167456
Mary sues get kidnapped all the time so they can be saved by the people who unconditionally love them.
>>
File: 144567898765.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
144567898765.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>68173389
Man, so competent.
>>
File: 1445678987654567.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445678987654567.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>68173409
Just look at how hard he rekt Vader the first time.
>>
>>68173409
>pulls a lightsaber out of the snow with the force on his first try

MARY
SUE
>>
>>68173285
>Always scavenges enough to stay healthy
>Has enough respect/is feared enough that some people will just do as she says
>Can fight off four people without a single scratch
>Can fight with just about any weapon
>Can out-fly trained pilots in better ships

The best Anakin got was being on-par with other species at a deadly sport because he was force jesus and could work on droids pretty well.
The best Luke got was the ability to make rash decisions and do something he'd done numerous times before, but in a high-tension environment.

>>68173375
Let's say I shop at a mall a whole bunch. Are you telling me that because of that I could flawlessly drive a customized car I had no experience driving through that mall without doing any real damage in any way, maybe while two trained stunt drives drove behind me on motorcycles?

So force skills are just "anything goes" now? Why didn't Luke rip the rancor's balls off then, if being under pressure makes you so strong?

As for the hero's journey, yeah, I do, and this is a shit one.
>>
File: 1345678976543700.webm (1 MB, 1306x820) Image search: [Google]
1345678976543700.webm
1 MB, 1306x820
>>68173434
Nothing says hyper competent badass more than being unconscious and needing your dumbass to be rescued.
>>
>>68173375
>kills Kanjiklub who were going to kill them
>this is a flaw

Rey apologists everyone!
>>
>>68173471
This is a fantasy movie tho, stop with the real life analogies.
>>
>>68173475
Doesn't Rey get rescued and knocked unconscious?
>>
File: 1567890987654900.webm (2 MB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
1567890987654900.webm
2 MB, 1920x818
>>68173436
>barely manages to do this at least a year after ANH
>implying he couldn't have possibly learned to do that within that time frame

DESPERATELY
GRASPING
AT
STRAWS
>>
>>68173400
But they make sure to break out before their loved ones get there. Wouldn't want them to think they need saving, baka!

>>68173436
>Has had some training, and has more than likely been practicing with the force
>Manages to pull his lightsaber to him
God what a sue, amiright ( blatant sarcasm here, if you didn't get that. )
>>
>>68173436
It's reasonable to assume he'd been practicing using the force and getting more confident using it, he's probably done it before since he knows he can move it, but he has to concentrate and really try hard. Rey just knows how to do it confidently with no training after being smashed against a tree, having another experienced Jedi force pulling the same saber and knowing she will have to fight him once she gets it in her hands.
>>
File: 144567898765900.webm (782 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
144567898765900.webm
782 KB, 1920x820
>>68173493
This isn't about that whore, anon, this is about throwing Luke under the bus to make her look better.
>>
File: 1456789876500.webm (293 KB, 852x820) Image search: [Google]
1456789876500.webm
293 KB, 852x820
>>68173524
This is the face of a man who defeats everyone he comes across and never fucks up ever.
>>
>>68173491
Ah, good to know that excuses all problems ever in any piece of fiction! Don't worry guys, it's fiction, therefor the logic of the world itself doesn't matter!

This is not an argument. My example works, sorry you don't have a counter argument.

>>68173493
Rey gets harmlessly put to sleep and then carried onto the ship by the boss. Luke, and pretty much anyone else, gets smacked around/have the shit beat out of them. World of difference between the two. After all, we wouldn't want people to think Rey couldn't handle herself at any given time! Christ, even when she loses she gets the best possible outcome.
>>
>>68173493
Knocked unconscious yes. However she.

1. Counters Kylo force mind reading and reads his mind
2. Mind tricks a storm trooper on the second attempt and when he's actively opposed to the suggestion "I will tighten those restraints"
3. Sneaks around Starkiller base unseen, didn't even need Finn or Han to save her
>>
>>68173576
>My example works
It doesn't, because we don't have space wizards on Earth, sorry.
>>
File: 14567890987600.webm (3 MB, 1216x520) Image search: [Google]
14567890987600.webm
3 MB, 1216x520
>>68173572
Is there anything more competent than closing your eyes when shooting at someone?
>>
>>68173615
How many portions would that cost?

Does she bite with those xenomorph teeth?
>>
>>68173499
>DESPERATELY
>GRASPING
>AT
>STRAWS

No, that would be the TFA haters

TFA haters are usually either prequel apologists, or people who are just anti-Disney
>>
>>68173626
It's a good thing my example has nothing to do with space wizards then, isn't it? You gave a shitty reason, that since she'd been to a place, she could fly through it without doing any real damage or having any real problems. I replied to that statement with an example that fits, since the example is near-exact same, but set in a setting you or I could easily relate to, pointing out how absurd of a reason you gave.

>>68173646
I think the prequels had their issues, and I like Disney. What I don't like is a re-treading of previous movies, but now with uninteresting characters, shitty villains, and a scenario with no real stakes or sense of worry or dread.
>>
>>68171915
>>Canonically the same type of ships
>same control console = same type of ship.

Wot M8?
>>
>>68173524
Both Luke and Rey have different backgrounds. Is it really that hard to accept that she is more competent than Luke because she lived most of her live in a desert alone?
>>
>>68173646
Nah. The people that apologise for Reu are just blindly supporting feminism. I have no problem with Rey being female but there was no excuse for making her such a two dimensional shitty character. Even for space fantasy she's poorly drawn.
>>
>>68172827
>once again, he was saved by han when vader had him locked on and dead to rights

So what was saving him the entire rest of the battle before Han swooped in at the last 10 seconds of the bombing run?
>>
>>68173694
Rey is a space wizard, you are not.
>>
>>68173711
Considering she was 8 when she was dropped off, yes.

She should have been more clearly portion ayy lmao official scavenger who he provided protection with his thugs in exchange for her continued work.
>>
>>68173701
Canonically, they are the same, literally learn the lore.

>>68173711
Her being more competent than luke or Anakin is not a bad thing. What IS a bad thing is that she never is in any real danger, and she never needs anyone's help with everything. If there is ever a scenario were something is going on that involves her, she will have some way of easily dealing with it.

>>68173748
Vader said to stop shooting when any ships entered the trench so he and his soldiers could pick them off instead. Did you watch the movie?

>>68173750
She's not a space wizard at that point, at that point, she's just a poorly made character so, again, please try and find a real argument for why your stupid "reason" makes any sense.
>>
File: 14456789876545670.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14456789876545670.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>68173711
No? Just don't attempt to imply Luke is some ultra competent overpowered Sue, because that's patently untrue.
>>
>>68171745
She's saying the film only represents two of the many genders here though. I congratulate her open mindedness.

Hopefully she'll come out as a man in the next film and rape him senseless after their next fight.
>>
>>68172812
>Finally, if you don't agree with the canonical fact that the ships are the same since it's not explicitly stated in the movie

This is never once, not even remotely, stated in the movie. The T-16 tech specs weren't even published until December of 1977 in the "Star Wars Blueprints" a full 8 months after the movie was released. At which point the only thing it says about the relation between the T-16 and the X wing is that they were both built by the same company and share "SIMILAR flight controls"
>>
>>68169882
youre missing her pro pilot and expert mechanic skills
>>
>>68173783
>Canonically, they are the same, literally learn the lore.

Star Wars blueprints published circa December 1977 says other wise.
Eat it faggot!
>>
>>68173815
rape Kylo*
>>
File: 1459897284341.jpg (77 KB, 620x837) Image search: [Google]
1459897284341.jpg
77 KB, 620x837
>>68173976
Yes.
>>
>>68173941
>>68173971

>imblying canon cant change.

canon clearly states the incom way. fuck yourself
>>
>>68171312
a 7 ton dump truck does not have the same controls as a F1 car at all.

remind me again where the air-brake pressure gauge is on a F1 car?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 511x288
>>68174056
>>
>>68171252
she called the falcon crap. if she was as technically knowledgeable as they wanted us to believe or had been on the falcon, she would have known what the F it was.

Consider how surprised she was when Han told her the ship's name. If she had intimate knowledge of the ship's workings from her time on Jakku, she would have known about the retrofitting, the engine capabilities. Sure she might not have known it's name, but she wouldn't have dismissed it outright.
>>
>>68173941
>>68173971
>>68174194
I never stated is was said in the movies, just implied. Yes, the ships are not 100% identical but they were very similar, and were even used to train rebel fighters in how to use x-wings. Plus, in a conversation Luke had with Biggs, Biggs states that the T-16 is a lot like the x-wings they're using, and Luke replies with, "I know, I looked one over. I'm sure I can handle it."

Yes, they are not the exact same, but the rebels also use the T-16's to train their pilots to use X-wings, and Luke stated that the two ARE very similar and that he'd be able to fly it after looking it over.
>>
>>68171814
a t16 is a non-military version of the Xwing, try again.
>>
File: 299_titan_skyhop.jpg (133 KB, 1600x1221) Image search: [Google]
299_titan_skyhop.jpg
133 KB, 1600x1221
>>68173783
>>68173783
>Canonically, they are the same, literally learn the lore.
Literally the same, except it's an Airspeeder not a star fighter.
Literally the same except it only has a single ion blaster.
Literally the same except it has completely different engines, and completely different control surfaces and hull geometry, and a side by side two seat cockpit.
Not at all the same but yeah! literally the same.

Pic related is exactly the same as an X-Wing ever way.
>>
>>68174062
>>imblying canon cant change. canon clearly states the incom way. fuck yourself

>My canon is right your canon is wrong

Sticks fingers in ear

>LALALALALALALALALA I Can't hear you, LALALALALALA
>>
>>68174256
>she called the falcon crap

Because she was quoting ANH.
>>
>>68174194
>remind me again where the air-brake pressure gauge is on a F1 car?

Remind me again how Gauges are controls.
>>
>>68174343
Man, you know, I wasn't feeling full before, but after you put all these words in my mouth, I'm sure feeling stuffed now.

I never said that the ships were exactly the same in make and design, I said that they were the same when it came to how Luke was able to pilot them which, guess what, they're very similar, the Rebels used them to train their pilots to use x-wings, and Luke, in a conversation with Biggs, said he looked it over and knew he'd be able to fly it. Again, I never stated that they were the exact same ship in looks and physical make, just that Luke would be able to fly both because of it, which the lore holds up as true.

>>68174387
"How do we blow this one up lolololol"
>>
>>68174322
see >>68174343
>>
>>68174418
>I said that they were the same when it came to how Luke was able to pilot them which, guess what, they're very similar

see>>68171312
>>
>>68174409
nice, goal post moving.

and since you outed yourself as a mongoloid, i'll spoonfeed you: on a truck, like the one you mentioned, you don't get to just mash on the brake forever, you have a limited amount of air pressure (guess what the gauge shows) that can be applied to slow the truck. Once that's gone, the brakes lock physically and the truck needs a tow.

So a meter that shows how long a pedal can be depressed, yes, that counts.

I'd also like you to talk to anyone who races cars and tell them their oil / engine temp gauges aren't part of their controls and wait for them to ask why a 10 year old got past security.

kindly go fuck off.
>>
>>68171395
Maybe because its completely relevant and applicable when discussing star wars?
>>
>>68171529
>he buys into the dark side shit
Getting hit by something that flings people around when they get hit by it is not going to make anyone better in a fight.
>>
>>68174194
>a 7 ton dump truck does not have the same controls as a F1 car at all.

Do they not both have a steering wheel, a gas pedal, a brake pedal, a clutch pedal, and a gear shift? Those all sound pretty much the same to me.
>>
>>68167456
That makes it even worse though, that makes her like one of those anime protagonist who acts like he hates everything he's doing yet somehow is the absolute fucking best at it
>>
>>68174468
Well, in the lore it states that T-16s are used by the Rebels to train them to use x-wings, and Luke and Biggs also comment on the fact that they're similar and that Luke looked one over and knew he'd be able to fly it, so basically what is being said here is that, despite the point you're tying to make with your racing car vs dump truck, the lore actually goes against you, saying that since Luke used a T-16, he can use an x-wing. In the end, you're saying that the lore/logic of Star Wars doesn't make sense, to which I say sure, but it's still the lore.

>>68174485
Well, when it's stated that Vader's suit was purposefully made to keep him annoyed and in pain so that he'd stay strong, and that the sith are all about anger and hate, then yeah, I'm going to buy into the dark side shit, since it's actively in effect during the movies.
>>
>>68174062
>>imblying canon cant change.

Still doesn't change the fact that the earliest known canon for the T-16 wasn't released until 8 months after the movie and wasn't written by the same people that wrote the script.
>>
>>68171397
How many characters in the SW universe actually understand droidspeak? I know Anakin knows only a little. Revan and Jedi Exile understand it fully. Is there anyone else?
>>
>>68174470
So even if we count the gauges as controls then the Dump truck STILL has all the same controls as an F1 car. And the F1 car has in fact fewer controls than a dump truck so in concept the F1 car should be even easier to operate than the dump truck because it has fewer controls. gotcha ;)
>>
>>68174606
Half the Cast of SW Rebels.
>>
File: 144567890987600.webm (2 MB, 932x820) Image search: [Google]
144567890987600.webm
2 MB, 932x820
>>68171397
>>gets praised for messing with the Falcon, instead of being told to back off like Luke, when he tried to be a backseat driver

Also worth noting that Han didn't hesitate to belittle Leia either, so the gender excuse flies out the window.

Though one could speculate Han was nice to Rey because he saw Luke in her and felt sentimental.
>>
>>68174672
Is it really that bad? I mean I know about the helicopter lightsabers, space whales, and Vader's face, but does it get much worse than that?
>>
>>68174723
It's not bad.
>>
>>68174723
I rather liked it. Ezra can be a little bitch sometimes but ever since Zeb was revealed to be force sensitive in his own way it felt like the show was delving into the mysticism of the force in ways not yet explored
>>
>>68167456
I watched it for the first time last week and in the space of 30 mins she feels the need to tell people how to do shit, not to hold her hand because she doesn't need a mans help and everyone felt the need to say how impressive she was out loud.

I enjoyed the film overall but she was fucking annoying. If she wasn't written by a jew with a feminist agenda she would have been fine, good even.
>>
File: 1460395106740.jpg (62 KB, 486x479) Image search: [Google]
1460395106740.jpg
62 KB, 486x479
>>68167456
>>
>>68174578
You're an idiot. If the dark side bullshit was actually as true as the sith suggest all the time, they'd be practically impossible to kill, because by your stupid ass logic they just get stronger and stronger the more they get hurt, to the point that something that would demolish a car isn't even an inconvenience at all. I bet you also think Sheev was going to save Padme.
>>
>>68171395
it pretty accurately describes a lot of films, including some of star wars

what's your problem with it?
>>
>>68175069
Yeah, imagine what would happen if the sith tried to take over, why, they might be able to kill all the jedi! Good thing that'll never happen, right?

I didn't say that they became impervious to harm, I said pain and suffering powered them up, made them grow stronger, fueled their powers. Rage, anger, suffering, these are all things Sith call upon. Why do you think Kylo was punching his wound when they were getting ready to fight? Did you think he was doing it just to look cool?

If you don't think that pain and suffering and rage are what fuels Sith, then you're pretty much just saying Sith are simply stronger than Jedi when it comes to force powers.
>>
>>68169900
Your explanations match DCucks for the amount of head canon and blind assumptions you need to make for your film to NOT be shit.
>>
>>68175379
>Yeah, imagine what would happen if the sith tried to take over, why, they might be able to kill all the jedi! Good thing that'll never happen, right?
They didn't kill the jedi with pain and suffering you worthless retard.
>I didn't say that they became impervious to harm
No, you just implied that getting hit by the bowcaster, which does this on an indirect hit to two stormtroopers: https://youtu.be/G5yp-qSVVg8 was nothing but a power boost for Kylo.
>Why do you think Kylo was punching his wound when they were getting ready to fight?
Because he's an edgy dumbass sith that thinks he'll be more powerful if he cuts himself.
>If you don't think that pain and suffering and rage are what fuels Sith, then you're pretty much just saying Sith are simply stronger than Jedi when it comes to force powers.
No, I'm saying that the few sith we've happened to see have been uniquely talented and obsessive in their pursuits.

End yourself you mongoloid.
>>

Sounds like the time I lost my virginity
>>
>>68175565
You mean my explanations for why the equivalent of getting drugged at a bar and wanting to stay at the one place you know your parents know you're at are not flaws is stretching, or my laying out of actual events that happened in the movie?

Seriously anon, how on earth is getting drugged, and not wanting to hang around the place you were drugged, a flaw? How is wanting to stay in the only place your family knows you might be, a flaw? "I'm homesick and don't like getting drugged." "What a flawed character!"

>>68175709
Wow, you really don't have any reading comprehension. You said they'd be really fucking strong if that was the case, to which I replied, yeah, remember when they've killed all the jedi, multiple times? They seem pretty strong to me.

Again, wrong. I said that the injury was powering him up, not that he wasn't injured from it.

Or maybe it's something the sith lord he's been training under taught him, I think that makes a little more sense than he just made the idea up on the spot, but, even if he DID, you could just say it was to get the adrenaline pumping to help him push past the pain.

Hmm, it's almost like suffering is implicitly linked to the dark side, the dark side has all the painful powers (lightning, choking, forceful mind reading), and that when Luke gave into his rage and anguish ( hint hint, the Dark Side) he beat Vader down.
>>
>>68176005
It is literally impossible to be this stupid, to be this incapable of even comprehending a conversation. Quit shitposting.
>>
>>68176148
And I'd have to say it's pretty stupid to anonymously reply to a post that's replying to two people. Which one even are you?
>>
I am not sure if that has been posted yet but The Force Awakens was A New Hope remake only with a nigerian shoe-horned into every scene hth (hope this helps)
>>
>>68171090
Nah, they made a point of making him unredeemable. And it would be too unsafe for Disney for their princess to go Sith. Rogue One could be a Jennifer Lawrence young adult 'action' movie for chrissakes.

>>68170857
Nothing, half of the next movie will be a callback to Yoga training Luke, other half will be Boyega and Swashbuckler doing buddy cop action dramedy. Third movie is Snoke showdown and Kylo's redemption in death.
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.