[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cursed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: curse.jpg (411 KB, 1268x1752) Image search: [Google]
curse.jpg
411 KB, 1268x1752
Let's talk about movies that are cursed.
>>
>>68144186
I think I'm the only person who doesn't like The Exorcist.
>>
File: tdkr.jpg (2 MB, 2700x4000) Image search: [Google]
tdkr.jpg
2 MB, 2700x4000
>>
>>68144186
>Lost Highway
wut. what happened.
>>
>>68144290

Lost Highway was attended by some deaths, and later Robert Blake's own legal problems and trial. IIRC it was Blake's last feature. Both Jack "Eraserhead" Nance and Richard Pryor dropped dead shortly after participating in the project. Robert Loggia also died some months ago, but I don't include that in the curse, I simply mention it.

Also I haven't really heard much from the other two lead actors apart from Bill Pullman since.
>>
>>68144250
Can you detail why if it has anything to do with it just not being your kind of film?
>>
File: Allman.jpg (24 KB, 600x203) Image search: [Google]
Allman.jpg
24 KB, 600x203
>>68144186
Cursed? Or just severe negligence and incompetence?
>>
>>68144186
elaborate a bit on each
>>
>>68145467
Not OP but check the wiki pages for each of them. They're detailed.
>>
File: 1448817638737.jpg (92 KB, 1208x721) Image search: [Google]
1448817638737.jpg
92 KB, 1208x721
>Two thumbs down from Siskel and Ebert

Can anyone explain why anyone took these absolute plebs seriously?
>>
>>68145369

The modern notion of the hollywood curse seems to trace specifically to the Exorcist and Poltergeist, or spoopy/transgressive subject matter. IMO the "curse" criterion par excellence is RL deaths close to the production of the movie, but you could include abject bombs too.
>>
>>68145595
They weren't really Lynch fans. To be fair, many of Lynch's works have only gained serious support critically over the years.
>>
>>68145595

Siskel and Ebert was an informative and entertaining program in its heydey, which also had the temerity to render verdicts. Also this was before the internet, remember, and people had to get cultural opinions from somewhere, apart from and in addition to their local circles.

t. oldfig

Also this. >>68145563 A chopper killed some people in the Twilight Zone Movie (bringing about a painful legal battle afterwards), the Poltergeist girl died young some years later, and a guy died just after finishing his work on the Exorcist. Also confirmation bias seems to cause people to have taken greater note of accidents and incidents on the set of the latter.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
>>
>>68145905
JUST
>>
>tfw you found a camrip of the grifter
what happens in this scenario? Can you only get cursed through the original tapes?
>>
>>68145467
poltergiest: through each film installment, people involved died (older sister in 1 strangled by boyfriend, 2 actors on 2 died, and heatehr orourke died after 3), all blamed on using indian burial ground as a set with actual skeletons being used

more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKfxPluhpc
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atuk

An urban legend claims that a curse has killed all the actors who have shown an interest in the lead role. These include John Belushi, Sam Kinison, John Candy, and Chris Farley.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.