[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hail Caesar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Hail Caesar.png (612 KB, 898x1078) Image search: [Google]
Hail Caesar.png
612 KB, 898x1078
Is Reddit right?
Is this the worst movie ever made?
Does it really blow a Chode?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>
>>68139573
I liked it. Ray Finnes is great! the guy who did Hoby Doyle was great too
>>
Reddit is always right
>>
>>68139573
What do people get out of voting up on every single comment?
>>
is some kind of reverse psychology shit
reddit hates this, so i love it
>>
>>68140788
>Hoby Doyle

Yeah, agreed. Not sure I bought him being a tough guy that follows ransomers into their lone houses on a cliff though.
>>
>/tv/ does a 180 on "Hail, Caesar!" to spite Reddit.
>>
Not the best Coen brothers picture, but still very funny and indicative of their work. Seemed like a movie they made for themselves rather than critics or viewers.

Also kind of throws a wrench in that whole "All Jews are ebul commies" Since this movie is very anti-communist and pro-freedom. George Clooney getting slapped was almost a catharsis for his decades of playing a hammy playboy in everything
>>
>>68141072
I don't think anyone here ever claimed that it was the worst movie ever made.
>>
>>68139573
I really liked it. I think people thought George Clooney would be the main character from the trailer. Never go into a Coen Brothers film expecting the film advertised in the trailers.
>>
>>68141072
/tv/ does a 180 on everything to spite reddit

the only thing they agree on is how "underrated" true detective season 2 is which tells you more than anything yhe average age on these two sites is 17
>>
>>68141439
>Never go into a Coen Brothers film expecting the film advertised in the trailers.

Except True Grit
>>
>>68139573

>Reddit is to stupid and pleb to get all the nuances and themes from a Coen film.

what a surprise, not.
>>
>>68139573
That last comment made me die on the inside
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-11-14h25m58s57.jpg (30 KB, 720x384) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-11-14h25m58s57.jpg
30 KB, 720x384
it was okay
>>
>>68139573
no, it's not the best i've seen and it's miles better than the worst movie i've ever seen
>>
>>68140829
What do people get out of voting up at all?

Seriously, I feel like I'm on an alien planet sometimes. Why do you do this?
>>
>>68139573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
>>68139573
It was a good movie though. Why the hate?
>>
It is absolutetly not a bad or confusing movie. It just doesn't have a plot, three act structure, or real satisfying ending. Its like a day in the life of a guy who leads a busy life. But its by no means bad, just no real substance. People that have this fucking ridiculous "OMG WTF DID I JUST WATCH!!??!?!?" reaction are seriously just idiots. I dont know what the fuck would cause that based on the movie.
>>
>>68141952
>which portrays homosexual communists in a bad light

fuck I like this movie already
>>
I watched this movie with a coworker (who was actually roomates w/ Alden Ehrenreich for a few days in college)

We both really loved it, it was entertaining, it felt like a love letter to the movie industry as a whole.
>>
>>68139573
Whenever Hollywood fellates itself by showing a movie about the film industry it usually turns out to be shit.
>>
>>68139573
>reddit doesn't like NCFOL

You guys need more theatre shootings desu senpai
>>
>>68141244
>Also kind of throws a wrench in that whole "All Jews are ebul commies"
The Coen brothers are based to be fair. I seem to recall them saying in an interview that they wouldn't give roles to fulfill diversity quotas, but to actors they feel fit the role the best.
>>
>>68139573
link?
>>
>>68141849
It's so that the most popular comments is seen by everyone and wont be repeated a 100 times. In the past it used to always be something funny. Not's it's something vague racist.
>>
>>68144172
>we write characters, we don't write color or race

pretty based
>>
The biggest laugh for me was C-Tates gracefully leaping to the submarine ladder.
>>
>>68144364
I loved that scene. Especially how the communists were constantly talking about how they need no leader, but as soon as Tatum leaves, they suddenly can't row for shit and look visibly panicked.

Fantastic.
>>
>>68144364
Yeah that was a great scene and then him dropping the suitcase full of all the commies hard worked money.

Tatum I think definitely has a bright future ahead.
>>
I haven't read what Reddit has to say about it and I'm not going to.

Hail Caesar was ok. Not the best Coen Brothers film, but it was clever, fun and comfy.

The worst thing I can say about it is that it reeked of "Coen", kind of in the same way that Grand Budapest Hotel reeked of "Anderson", if that makes sense.
>>
>>68139573
>that last comment
Coen pictures confirmed too smart for reddit.
>>
>>68139573
not surprised reddit is full of capeshit loving teenagers who need everything perfectly wrapped with a little bow. Plebs who have never seen or understood a coen brothers movie, but even the coens aren't that experimental with plot and story compared to others
>>
>>68144239
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/448v27/official_discussion_hail_caesar_spoilers/
>>
>>68144900
>only describes the movie with "it's shit" or with a wall of text
>>
>>68144172
>implying their mere existence doesn't disprove your entire /pol/ shill narrative
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.