[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck was this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: mulholland.jpg (433 KB, 1063x1518) Image search: [Google]
mulholland.jpg
433 KB, 1063x1518
what the fuck was this?
>>
File: losthighway.jpg (92 KB, 580x832) Image search: [Google]
losthighway.jpg
92 KB, 580x832
Based lynch at his finest you should watch pic related as well
>>
blue velvet is so much better
>>
>>68136331
It's called kino, look it up sometime.
>>
File: oldcouple[1].jpg (17 KB, 550x398) Image search: [Google]
oldcouple[1].jpg
17 KB, 550x398
i had to google an explanation. apparently it's about the aspiring actor chick feeling guilt because she was the one who ordered the assasination at the beginning. the first half of the movie was also just a fantasy of hers and didn't really happen

i suppose the reason we're shown an hour of pointless fantasy footage is to convey just how much denial she's going through. dont have a fucking clue about the diner, the hitman and the theater scenes though because i got bored even reading about them. lesbian make out scene was pretty much the only good thing about the whole movie desu family
>>
Fart house
>>
>>68136525
>>68136608
BV is his most straightforward movie, other than Elephant Man and Straight Story.

LH and MD are both great surrealistic masterpieces. Inland Empire was a little much for me though.
>>
>>68136525
Why does this still have the greatest soundtrack of all time?
>>
>>68136331

If the dinner scene actually happened then what was up with that girl kissing the Camilla when Camilla and him were just about to announce their engagement? Like I get that it was supposed to make Diane jealous but how is that situation at all plausible?
>>
>>68137034
They might as well have been making out, Diane recognized their familiarity. They didn't really make out but it's what Diane saw.
>>
>>68136525
>>68136525
>DUDE JUMPSCARES TO ARTIFICALLY CREATE TENSION
>>
>>68136331
It was supposed to be a pilot for a TV show but it didn't take off so he said fuck it & just made it into a movie. If you know lynch's work he's not afraid to leave any loose end untied, that explains why you still feel unfulfilled after watching it. Also, outstandingly plebeian.
>>
While we're at it. What was the point of that diner scene at the beginning, with the fucking jump scare.
>>
>>68137563
the spot behind winkies was where the assassin left the blue key
diane associates that spot with knowing camilla was killed on her orders and it causes her immeasurable grief
she transfers her guilt onto jimmy barrett bc he happened to be looking at her as the made the deal irl
>>
>>68137771
fuckk, this actually makes sense.
>>
>>68137829
Yeah the movie totally makes sense but it takes a few watches to really put it all together.
If you get past the all-caps and 3rd person style the film crit hulk review is a good read https://filmcrithulk.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/hulk-vs-the-genuis-of-mulholland-drive/
>>
>>68136525
did anyone else really not care this one at all? the story was played pretty straight until the end with the blond Arquette vanishing and the young guy turning into Bill Pullman, and the moebius strip ending: "Dick Laurent is dead" Like I get these things but I think Lynch should've been a bit more clear and a little less surrealistic. I felt pretty underwhelmed and a little cheated when I finished it, didn't feel that with his other films
>>
Did anyone understand Inland Empire?
>>
>>68138421
Haven't watched it but yes.
>>
>>68137323
film is nothing but artifice you dip
>>
It's just a watered down, Oscar bait version of Lynch's masterpiece, Lost Highway.
>>
>>68139741
It's actually the perfected version of David Lynch's flawed Lost Highway.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.