[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not one thread about season 2 It was that bad huh ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 15
File: 797656859.png (396 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
797656859.png
396 KB, 600x343
>not one thread about season 2

It was that bad huh ?
>>
>>68135095
Beginning was good, they didn't take in the survivors, which was a good decision but giving the teenage girl a radio made me really angry. If not for that, I'd give the show a 7/10.
>>
It really is bad. I dislike all of the characters. Everyone is an unlikable asshole that deserves to die. There's zero chemistry among the cast and they're all shit tier actors. On the rare occasion we even see a zombie the effects are still good but the cgi boat is syfy tier garbage along with the writing and acting. This show is an embarrassment to twd franchise and should be put out of its misery
>>
>>68135095
even leddit hates it .Unless the teenage drama stops i dont see this show being succesful.They have everything right there and the writers dont know how to use it, just fuck my shit up familia
>>
this show is garbage hence no discussion of it much on tv
>>
>>68135095
Its ok, but theyre on a boat the whole episode and the only thing happening is the kids having drama, the adults are far more interesting. Episode could have been better, and ended in a cliffhanger, so thats a pretty shit start to the season.
>>
I actually thing it's better than most of Walking Dead. The black dude is an interesting character and so is the mexican old man. The junkie has potential too.
But they should leave the boat soon, otherwise it will be boring.
>>
>>68135095
Can't watch it yet because Amazon is a bunch of retarded niggers.
>>
>>68135095
I like Nick
I hope the rest of his family die, tho.
>>
>>68135210
the whole radio pay off shouldn't have been this episode. it felt really forced that she'd found someone and made friends with them that quickly. might have had more impact if the trust in the radio guy had been built up over a couple of episodes perhaps...
>>
>>68135314
>embarrassment to twd franchise
Everything besides the comics and the first season of the game is.
>>
File: Z Nation - Submarine.png (551 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Z Nation - Submarine.png
551 KB, 960x540
>>68135314
>syfy tier garbage
That's an insult to syfy tbphwy.
>>
>>68135894
It was realistic though, I know many women who are borderline retarded, especially teenage girls. Still, I would rather have less realism but instead more action and less obvious stupid decisions.
>>
>>68135995
fair point, i forgot she's a teenager. still, it felt like the whole episode was made up as it went along.
>>
>>68136083
AMC doesn't have any good writers, they rather just spend all their money on damage control on Twitter whenever people are pissed off.
>>
>>68135894
>young emotionally vulnerable girl in a crisis who is bored on a boat is ready to trust anyone who empathizes and sounds nice
Its 100% believable, unless youre living in a basement and have no idea how actual people work.
>>
File: fearthewd.png (1 MB, 1279x717) Image search: [Google]
fearthewd.png
1 MB, 1279x717
>>68135095
It's like a few days since the zombie outbreak, would society really break down like this, this fast; people killing, looting each other.
>>
>>68136167
in the ghetto - yes

in the civilized world things would hold together until fresh water &/or food became too scarce
>>
POO
IN
DEATH
>>
>>68136167
Its been months, they were living under army protection for a long time, not everybody has been so lucky.
>>
>>68136140
i'm not debating whether it's realistic, just that it felt rushed and would have had more impact built up over two or three episodes.
>>
>>68136233
very well (and I agree)

I guess they just had nothing else to put in this episode in the meantime, so this is what we ended up with.
>>
>>68136208
The ghetto people would rape and murder the people in the nice neighborhoods immediately.

>but muh gunz
They have guns too.
>>
>>68136290
wrong - it would be just like now - only more intense

traveling outside of the ghetto to crime requires them to not be lazy
>>
>>68136167
People who be hamster-buying by day 3-4 and looters would come after a week. Now you've got a bunch of old-ass people not getting their daily medicine for their heart and you got dozens of millions of zombies in about 2 weeks.
>>
>>68136167
The worst part of the show is how fast they depict things going to shit. This show should have been able to gradual breakdown of civilization while TWD is more about the rebuild of society.
>>
>>68136233
They're trying to rush to the gun fight scene at episode 2 already and I don't see why this is wrong. Look at BCS, they are so slow-paced that it looks like the show will be cancelled soon.
>>
i dropped it after they said it would take place during the initial outbreak

and then they do a "4 weeks later" thing and for some reason there are no zombies
>>
>>68136167
Alex, What was Katrina?
>>
Walking Dead: Berserk edition
>>
>>68136349
They have neither the resources nor the money to show the entire breakdown of civilisation from different perspectives. And it most likely wouldn't really be interesting either, since you can only show so much before things become repetively.
>>68136378
There weren't any zombies because the military cleaned the surroundings of the safe zone. And it only has been 2 weeks since shit went down.
>>
>>68136167
That guy is too good for this show. Although the other actors have picked their game up, they still have awful acting abilities.
>>
>>68136374
>it looks like the show will be cancelled soon
It was renewed for a third season.
Try developing some taste.
>>
I like this show a lot, but with that said, there is ZERO SUBSTANCE (most of the time). It seems like having pieces of shit scavenging already is kind of a stretch too. Seems like it'd take awhile for them to start popping up.
>>
>>68136316
There would be zero consequences for their actions. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>68136517
Season 1 was better than season 6 of TWD
>>
>>68136475
Season 2 premiere: 2.57 mio viewers
Season 2 episode 8: 1.93 mio viewers

I lolled xddd when he did that tie thing xd such good television.
>>
>>68135945
Fuck off. Faggot elitist.
>>
>>68136533
see also: katrina

>lazy niggers are lazy
>>
>>68136541
God, i'm so glad I wasn't born in a trailer park.
>>
>>68136453
>They have neither the resources nor the money to show the entire breakdown of civilization from different perspectives.
They don't have to. Just run TWD formula in reverse. Follow a group as they go from comfy city living to devolving into a situation similar to Rick and friends. That's the actual good story opportunity here. And in the end of the series, you can have the handful of survivors of the group join Rick and get the crossover ratings bump. Otherwise, you just get zombies on a boat.
>>
>>68136565
It's the truth though. Season 2 of the game was pretty boring and the tv show is pretty bad most of the time.
>>
>>68136569
>flooding=zombies
wat
>>
>>68136434
it has rape, dismemberments and a boat?
>>
>>68136577
And I'm glad I don't have a cuckshed, Sven.
>>
File: peepshowjohnsonbmw3.5416[1].jpg (49 KB, 715x404) Image search: [Google]
peepshowjohnsonbmw3.5416[1].jpg
49 KB, 715x404
Who here rooting for Johnson?
>>
>>68136637
You already live in one.
>>
>>68136603
They're getting off that boat in episode 3, so don't worry about that. And a crossover is the last thing I want, fuck everyone in the show but Rick.
>>
>>68136646
that fucker's up to something, man.
>>
>>68136668
I'm not a Swede though.
>>
>>68136671
>They're getting off that boat in episode 3
It is too late. The collapse has happened off screen. Now it is just watered down TWD
>>
>>68136728
They're staying in San Diego for a while.
>>
>>68136708
It's okay, most Swedes don't have a cuckshed, cucksheds are for conservatives, Swedes are liberals so they prep the bull, instead of hiding.
>>
>>68136728
Yeah, I don't really understand this. I know showing the collapse wasn't sustainable, but aren't we just left with another Walking Dead now? You can't really do much more with the whole post-apocalyptic moral dilemmas/infighting that TWD isn't already doing/has done.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>68136668
The weak must make way for the strong, evolution marches on. The scythe is remorseless
>>
>>68135095
Probably. Why do you watch the less good walking dead show? (Considering that the walking dead is already a pretty bad show)
>>
>>68136625
mainly a boat that goes nowhere and has very little happen on it
>>
>>68136754
The producer already said the whole point of the boat is that they can travel all over. They are going to go from coast city to city and realize there is nothing safe anymore.
>>
>>68136853
boredom. curiosity. the daughter's hot.
>>
>>68136882
Better than travelling through woods I guess. The only time when that was okay was in the games.
>>
>>68136933
>The only time when that was okay was in the games.
The visual novels by telltale?
>>
Would a Zombie apocalypse like in FTWD or TWD even happen in our world? I'm not asking whether zombies can be real, I'm asking in terms of "if we ignore the scientific basis and just assume those zombies could now exist in our world".

They seem awfully slow and dumb. You honestly have a higher chance getting mugged by a malnourished hobo. In fact mos people that live in cities with a bunch of hobos and thieves.

I'm not sure how much of a threat zombies are since they can basically be beaten by the ability to walk at a lightly faster pace.
>>
File: 1458502711474.png (268 KB, 1571x910) Image search: [Google]
1458502711474.png
268 KB, 1571x910
>>68137121
Order would be kept by the police, the military. The societal downfall is quite unlikely.
>>
>>68136864
Maybe they will find Gendry rowing around somewhere
>>
>>68137121
probably depends on how soon we figure out that it's airborne, as there's no symptoms until you die or get bit.
>>
>>68137112
Exactly. At least there was some tension in the games, which is missing in the show.
>>68137121
You die you come back. That's what makes the zombies in TWD so dangerous. Countries like India or China would fall pretty quickly because of their population density and all the people who need medicine and hospitals would die aswell. There would be a billion zombies by week 4 at least.
Real zombies are physically possible btw, but they would be different than the TWD zombies. They'd still need water and air to survive, but something like a parasitical construct in corpses which make up for the loss of organs is theoretically possible.
>>68137250
That way apply to America, but I don't think it applies to the rest of the world. And even in the US, there are so many niggers and other criminals who would love such an event to happen so they could loot stores (see BLM riots) and our politicans wouldn't do anything about it because of PC.
>>
>>68137121
No. TWD zombies are just too easily beaten by simple things like elevated platforms and spears.
>>
>>68137479
stopped by a chain linked fence
>>
>>68136607
I think he means that New Orleans being devastated and lawless resulted in New Orleans niggers committing crime all over New Orleans, yet for some reason almost nobody bothered to do anything in the huge zone outside of the city.
>>
>>68137479
Which doesn't make any sense btw and is mostly because AMC can't afford machetes for everyone. The comics are doing it kind of right, no one runs around with a knife.
>>
>slow motion shots underwater
>more slow motion underwater shots of zombies
>slow motion underwater shot time

end episode
>>
>>68135314
Better than TWD.
>>
>>68137121
No. Armored military vehicles alone would make herds trivial.
>>
>>68136167
>It's like a few days since the zombie outbreak, would society really break down like this

If it was really zombies..yeah. Shit America is not really a united country by any means. Most people seem to hate each other.
>>
>>68136167
Well, they were in LA, so yeah.
>>
>>68137662
Herds didn't form at the beginning. Zombies where everywhere and thinly spread out and everyday, there were more.
>>
>>68136821
read that in johnson's voice
>>
>>68137121
No. They are stopped by people wearing thick clothing and a mask and 9000 fold samurai swords. The only way we have a TWD level societal collapse is if another disease kills a ton of people first, which causes a collapse in infrastructure, leading to mass starvation. That's the only way to get that many zombies compared to the living to the point where society just stops working. Otherwise, the military would clean up.
>>
>>68137655
no it's fucking not, twd remains somewhat entertaining

you guys are the biggest hipsters I've ever seen

>twd is extremely popular
>/tv/ hates it
>ftwd is hated
>/tv/ eats it up

it's like poetry
>>
>>68135095
It wasn't that great, pretty predictable shit going on. I'll give it a few more episodes before I drop it because I'm a stupid faggot though.
>>
>>68137825
>if another disease kills a ton of people first, which causes a collapse in infrastructure, leading to mass starvation.
I swear that they hinted at this in like one FTWD episode and then never revisited it.

That the "reanimation disease" that everyone on Earth has was almost immediately fatal for a big percentage of the population, so one week millions of people just developed flu-like symptoms, abruptly dropped dead, then suddenly got up and ate their families.
>>
>>68136290
When whiteys aren't restricted by their laws they have a tendency to massacre negros, so I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>68137825
http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/statistics/
Imagine these people not getting their insulin shots? Yeah, that's 10-20 million zombies more. And not everyone can wear thick clothing, nor does everyone own a motherfucking sword. Also, the apocalypse started in summer, where wearing thick clothing would be a death sentence itself.
>>
>>68137825
>>68137662
Military-fag here, I'd bet against us.
>Armoured vehicles
Great idea - but how are they being maintained? Where is the fuel coming from? For every hour an Abrams is out field, it needs about 2 more being maintained. I assume supply lines are slightly tenuous, not to mention the fact that even the US doesn't have enough tanks and AFVs to get them to every potentially infected city in time. I think you're also underestimating just how difficult it is to actually roll out the military on a large-scale.

Pulling off headshots is not as easy as TWD makes it look, especially if its early days and the infected and civilians are mixed up together in a massive mosh. Where is the military being deployed? Within cities, with no discernible flanks considering zombies are probably propping up left right and centre by the time the army is deployed? I don't live on base, and by the time headshed figures out it's not just riots, I don't really know how much of a clear run I'd have on the roads to getting there.
>>
>>68135945
>He doesn't like the superior TWDG season 2
>>
>>68138051
Kenny was great, but everyone else was shit, except for maybe Nick, Pete and Luke (who was a personified /tv/ cunnysier).
>>
>>68137835
>twd remains somewhat entertaining

No, it isn't. 6 seasons in and there's maybe two characters with an actual arch. Every season is two episodes that advance whatever excuse for a story they're attempting and the rest is boring filler. Every character has so much plot armor there's never any tension because you know they'll be fine.

I appreciated the slow burn tension of the first season of FTWD. And between the druggie, the shady mexican, the shady black guy and the mom, they already have better characters than TWD.
>>
>>68138286
I enjoyed the slow burn for the first 3 or so episodes - where there was this sense of growing dread over something unseen (people not rocking up to school, an increase in emergency vehicles whizzing around, stressed out looking nurses rushing about in the hospital etc). It all sort of collapsed for me after the night of rioting and then the fast forward after the military moved in though. I think they could have definitely dragged that out a bit more.
>>
viraling isnt going to save this, shill
>>
>>68137935
I wish they'd give an idea on the percentage that died and turned zombie in the initial outbreak Seems like it's the majority based on twd, but in this show even in L.A. it seems like zombies were much rarer. We hardly even saw any.
>>
>>68138357
They only had six episodes to tell a story the first season. Now that they have 14-16 episodes, you'll get all the boring, useless filler TWD is known for.
>>
>>68138357
They could have shown more of the protests and instead of the military coming, they should have shown the streets being overfilled with cars and our protagonists trying to find another way, eventually meeting the black guy. The military could have just been shown as highly competent but concentrated in the inner city where they shoot the protestors and zombies in masses until they realize that the city is lost thanks to almost everyone being either dead or having fleed, so they pull back and bomb the city.
>>
>>68138445
People didn't die from the pathogen dude. There were just 150000 dead people per day who reanimated, stood up and bit an average of 8 people per day on day one to three. Then panic hit, people died even more often, there were even more zombies and eventually the military came and decimated many zombies. But because of the shortage on water, food and medicine many people died (especially old people), which led to dozens of millions of zombies. Not that hard to imagine, is it?
>>
>>68138513
Yeah, I understand the temptation to go in the direction they did with the military occupation - they probably felt they'd built up to the collapse enough and wanted the show to start moving somewhere else.

The whole autocratic corrupt militaristic ruler thing feels a bit overdone now though - like you, I would have preferred the military moving in, making some initial progress so our characters regain a bit of hope, but then collapsing - soldiers running off to protect families, psychologically fucked up from having to continually shoot American kids and women (ala World War Z) etc, or just simply overwhelmed as they become stretched too thin. I disliked the evil lieutenant character - he was like moustache twirling tier villain.
>>
>>68138051
I think it was rewritten halfway through it was that shit.
The cast was pointless apart from Kenny, Jane and Clem.
Everyone was so focused on the ending they forgot the rest of the season had fuck all to do with anything.
>>
>>68138731
I would have rather seen the miltary moving into the city center and our protagonists only seeing and hearing the gunshots from the city.
>>
>>68138829
That would also have been fine with me. If this is supposed to be the collapse from the perspective of some normal people, it's perfectly reasonable they wouldn't know or understand why the military had failed. Like I said in my first post, I think the first 3 episodes were enjoyable (and had a great sense of foreboding) because the characters didn't know what was going on.
>>
When you remember that everyone is from California, it makes it easier to accept that they're all insufferable, dysfunctional, weak-minded assholes.

It's funny to me that the wife is starting to resent her husband now that he's becoming more of a man.

Remember: it's California
>>
>>68138904
The 4th episode wasn't really that bad either, especially them driving by a hospital and the electricity shut down were really good scenes and if it wasn't for the whole drama about leaving the door open, the episode would have been an 8/10.
>>
>>68138989
That was episode 3 wasn't it? Episode 4 was life under military occupation, 5 was them discovering cobalt, and 6 was breaking into the field hospital.

I would've just enjoyed more of the mundane stuff, even sitting around watching the news - talking heads debating whether it's legal to shoot the infected, addresses from the Governor, that sort of thing.
>>
>>68138987
The father is really a good character and his character development is pretty believeable too.
>>68139066
I thought the media blackout was authentic. Even in our world, they censor information if it would cause panic (see Europe and terrorists) and the only sources would be 4chan, reddit and other only forums, but most people in the world don't visit them.
>>
>>68137121
Not a fucking chance dude.

What the fuck is a zombie going to do against an attack helicopter? A tank? Someone who remembers that they can run, or atleast walk relatively swiftly?
>>
>>68139164
That conspiracy theory kid referenced the media blackout didn't he? I don't know if a nationwide pandemic is comparable to, say, the Cologne mass assaults - but then again, I was a bit uncertain as to whether the government already had knowledge this was occurring and trying to block it out (like conspiracy theory kid alluded to), or whether the government was just as caught by surprise (emergency services seemed to be, I guess military didn't). Still, I'd probably prefer a scenario where the government is caught just as unawares as everyone else.
>>
I hate the walking dead. Will I like Fear the Walking Dead? Or is it the same thing?
>>
>>68139426
Hard to say at this point. The first 6 episodes of TWD were good, and then the show collapsed into aimless filler. The same could happen to FTWD.
>>
>>68139426
Depends. Why do you hate TWD? Did you hate it from the first few episodes?
>>
>>68135491
>this show is garbage hence no discussion of it much on tv

but /tv/ constantly discusses garbage like Star Wars TFA
>>
>>68139546
I found the beginning interesting, but then it became more and more boring and pointless. Every season has it's moments, but everything between those moments are boring and don't really drive the narrative. TWD lacks any meaningful conversations in the filler and that's what really bothered me.
>>
>>68139426
The first season is only six episodes, just watch it and make your mind up.

Show looks like it might be turning into "Budget TWD" though. I can just picture the AMC shareholders meetings.

>how do we keep TWD shekel train rolling even when it's off the air?
>well, we could do a spinoff show
>too expensive
>well know, hold on, hear me out: we do the whole thing on a boat, all interiors, all shooting on a soundstage
>I dunno, location shooting on a boat can be pretty expensive....
>nah, we'll just CGI some water in
>fund it
>>
>>68138013
You don't need a fucking tank. A Hummer or lightly armored Jeep is already zombie proof. A pickup with a bunch of dude with automatic weapons could clean up.

The real question is how the fuck can it actually get that bad in the first place. People dying off at the regular rate would never cause an unmanageable situation. You need some outside thing to kill the people first. Otherwise the dead to living ratio is overwhelmingly in the favor of the living, who just have to shut their house door to protect themselves from a stray zombie while the local cops take care of shit. Also note that on this show Zombies tend to just eat people when they start to get to swarm numbers, meaning creating more Zombies becomes harder as getting away with a single bite becomes less likely. The chance for exponential growth of the zombie population is low without something else killing mass amounts of people.
>>
>>68135894

The whole trust with a stranger on a radio thing is the entire underlying story of The Walking Dead Telltale game though.

Using it here and so quickly is just dumb.
>>
>le white men are incompetent betas with tiny dicks meme show
>le racemixing couples meme show
LOL
>>
>>68139845
Might be interesting, if they can nail the writing. But the amount of problems the cast could encounter is sparse and not diverse. I'll watch the first season.
>>
>>68139880
I kniw, right? I'm confused, when does the little white bitch start getting bred by that big black bull on the boat? Honestly, the suspension of disbelief this show is asking for is just too much.
>>
>>68139866
Automatic weapons, especially if they're saturation weapons, would probably be less effective than a semi-auto rifle. But yeah, I take your point re: ratio. I just always assume, since this usually seems to be the case in films, that zombies (somehow) pop up everywhere at once, numbering at least a few dozen to hundred, and it always seems to occur in a vacuum where no one has ever heard of zombies or entertained the notion - hence the delayed reaction to realising what's going on.
>>
>>68139845
That low budget format is tailor made for good episodic shows though. The traveling boat lends itself to villains and adventures of the week plots, after which they move on to the next location. Some of the best sci fi (actually MOST probably) uses this format. It's better than sitting on a farm for an entire season.
>>
>>68139426
It's faster paced, but not necessarily better.
>>
>>68139866
>automatic weapons
He fell for the freedom meme.
>>
>>68140008
This show isn't episodic, though, or using a "monster of the week" format. It's a straightforward narrative.
>>
>>68139866
People don't die at a regular rate in times of crisis. Especially not when every bites means a new dead one the very next day. We're talking about millions of people every day.
>>
I just watched the episode.

Did I miss something between the seaons?

>End of Season 1
they arrived in the house from the black guy

>Start of Season 2
The house is burning, Zombies attack, the girl is hurt and some of them are already on the boat

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>68139324
Someone's never read world war z

Battle of Yonkers mah boi. Explains it all
>>
>>68139845
The sad thing is they could have easily made TWD2.0 with the same budget and doubled their sheckles. Just put some passionate showrunner in charge and let him print money. Then you have TWD but it can't be spoiled by a comic. It would probably be less effort than this Budget TWD made with demographic appeal solely in mind. Hell, they could have gone full meme and made every character a meme character like Daryl and Baboon girl and probably beaten TWD's ratings.
>>
>>68139866
People aren't just dying from normal causes. The initial outbreak killed millions. They got flu like symptoms and died causing the massive first wave of infected. The people that didn't get the flu type thing and didn't die at first are dying because of bites, and now other things like no hospitals, medicine, food and water. They all turn too
>>
>>68140138
There was a scene between the events of the seasons that's up on Blacked.com
>>
>>68140154
I loved that book, but I also thought it slightly underestimated the effectiveness of bombs in terms of knocking out a brain from percussive force. Spot on with tanks though. Also thought the battlefield psychologists were a clever touch, not something I would have ever thought of.
>>
>>68140154
Battle of Yonkers is not really realistic though. Of course the government is incompetent as usual, but the military technology is way better than what was shown. The most reasonable explanation for the failure of the military would be a shutdown of the supply line and the drawback of the military from dead zones.
>>
>>68140097
Ideally, it would be a good mix of both. The interesting thing about the apocalypse it seeing how different people, factions, and communities organize and conflict with each other. Think of the movie 'The Road'. Seeing next fucked up thing around the corning is what makes you want them to keep walking.
>>
File: 1447720633311.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
1447720633311.png
20 KB, 638x547
>premise is supposed to be about the downfall of society and allow us to see everything go to shit, see the people's reactions, see how the government acts
>easy way to work in some social commentary, make the show be about something more than killing zombies with boat engines, elevate it above twd, get back to the zombie genre's roots
>7 episodes in and we're in a boat, running from killer pirates, swimming with zombies for no reason, generally being retarded
>it's an even worse version of twd
>>
>>68140330
The show is made for the 95 IQ average viewer.
>>
>>68140105
But it would never get to crisis is what I'm saying.
>oh grandma died across the street, better call the cops to take her walking corpse out while I lock my doors
>oh now everyone knows about the situation, zombie killer/swat team is now a legitimate profession
How could it ever get to full blown crisis mode without some outside contrivances? There's a reason Ricks group can take out endless amounts of them with minimal supplies. It is because they are slow walking idiots.
>>
>>68140330

>it's an even worse version of twd

how can a studio with the experience of making TWD for 6 seasons, knowing what works and what doesnt, with the feedback of people for years.... produce something this bad ?

its crazy
>>
>>68140180
>People aren't just dying from normal causes. The initial outbreak killed millions. They got flu like symptoms and died causing the massive first wave of infected.
This is never stated or shown. Quit making up bullshit.
>>
>>68140330
yeah they practically skipped on the most interesting part.
>>
>>68140330
>swimming with zombies for no reason

Well, the kid jumped in to kill himself and the others jumped in to save him. It's not like they just decided to go for a dip.
>>
>>68140435
You see it that way because you're a basement dweller. In the real world, people would ask the old women if she was alright and then get bitten. They would call the police who would try to restrain her, also getting bitten in the process. After 5 days when a majority of the population have figured out what's going on, you have people flooding super markets trying to get supplies, also getting bitten. After that, some psychopaths and niggers try to play zombie shooting, killing themselves in the process because they can't aim for shit and don't know that a machete can be stuck in the head or that a wooden baseball bat can't kill a zombie in one swing. I've seen people walking around like zombies myself and no one gave a shit, most would think he's a junkie, just like the guy who ate this salt drugs.
>>
>>68140330
The idea of a spinoff was a good idea.

AMC doing it leads to many sucks.

Maybe some Euro TV could license the idea and do one from Germany. Sweden, France etc?

Who knows maybe they get a good group of writers that could make it a classic?

T\If they did one in France around the group looking at the virus could mate with TWD season 1
>>
>>68140435
Yeah, and that contrivance is usually that people aren't aware of zombies.

So, if grandmas going crazy - let's say she's bitten a few family members - you call the police. The police will probably attempt to take grandma into custody, and may even be bitten in the process. Presumably, they now take her to a mental health ward (restrained) at a hospital, and your bitten family members also go to said hospital. The police now receive another call about some lunatic biting people, and drive off to repeat. Meanwhile, the bitten family members deteriorate and are kept overnight for observation - by morning, we presumably have a lot more bite victims amongst hospital staff and patients. Apply this across the country (second contrivance is that its happening everywhere), and you suddenly have a police force stretched quite thin. The problem probably isn't widespread enough yet to merit calling up the military, but I imagine some smarter doctors have noticed what's going on and maybe the CDC gets interested. But how many infected do we have at this point? It's been at least two days, and imagine the amount of potential bites from even one zombie in a night club full of drunken revellers - not everyone would be checking themselves into hospitals from the bites, some may even turn in their beds in their family homes, and it grows from there.
>>
>white woman with male poo in loo
So unrealistic
>>
>>68140598
In the real world, no one cares or knows their neighbors besides maybe the one right new door. And in all honestly, grandma zombie even being able to get out of the house is unlikely since Zombies can't use doors.
>>
>>68140598
>I've seen people walking around like zombies myself and no one gave a shit, most would think he's a junkie, just like the guy who ate this salt drugs.
I liked those scenes early on in the series where guys are trying to get the zombies to stop because they just think they are normal fucked up people, then getting bit, then shooting the zombie, and then there is a civilian backlash after word of it gets around that its happening alot, resulting in more unrest, confusion, and deaths. That was a fun part of the series.
>>
>>68140638
>zombies in Germany
Over before it has already begun. Military doing nothing because it's not allowed to, police gets bitten because they're not allowed to shoot a person unless it's some psycho with a knife and the general population being old and dependant on medicine. All German women would start to panic as if they saw a mouse and the young turks would get bitten while trying to beat up a zombie.
>>
File: werner_herzog_dpa-532x360.jpg (39 KB, 532x360) Image search: [Google]
werner_herzog_dpa-532x360.jpg
39 KB, 532x360
>>68135095
>zombieshit
>>
>>68140719
People at least pretend to care. And when they get attacked they call the police.
>>68140738
That's exactly what would happen in the real world. Some cops shoot a black zombie, blm happens and they start riots, making it impossible for the police to stop this mess.
Not to mention the fact that most people don't believe in zombies.
>>
>>68135095
Didn't watch it and never will because I think it's a waste of time since I already know it's shit and uninteresting
>>
>>68137121
Read this book.
It's not only a very good introduction in theories of international politcs (I'm a major with a job) it also somewhat realistically (given the whole zombie thing) explains how slow and running zombies as well would cause a global collapse.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>68135992
ok, LOST-tier submarine then
>>
I'm still waiting for an answer for >>68140138
>>
>>68143350
The whole reason for them wanting to get out of the city in season 1, besides the zombies, was because the Army was giving up and just planning on carpet bombing the whole place. The opening to season 2 was that event taking place.
>>
>>68135095
Yeah it sucked Im having a hard time watching it with all the teenagers acting like faggots
>>
The initial outbreak fucks a lot of people up because the institution know as "hospitals" basically stops functioning. They become dangerous places because the number of freshly dead there, which puts the whole staff on edge, which means they start killing anyone they THINK might be infected. As soon as word gets out that hospitals aren't safe, people stop going to them, and then they try and ride it out at home. Problem is people die in the middle of the night, and no one thinking to secure the sick/dead end up infected themselves because they couldn't bring themselves to brain their spouse/children/parents.

The problem isn't that the military can't fight zombies, it's that they can't fight disease. The military would be more concerned about keeping supply lines running than going on a zombie genocide hunt, and to their credit, they'd do fairly well until we hit the societal collapse level, which is basically the % of the population that can die in a short period of time that fucks the labor market so hard that goods don't make it to market and infrastructure can't be maintained.

FTWD's downfall was that things were fine in season one until the military showed up and they just handwaived the end of the world. Again. Which is counter to what they said they were doing with this show.
>>
>>68140138
>>68143350

>the girl is hurt
What girl?

Spanish mommy killed herself
Spanish Daughter got shot by soldier that Daniel Salazar sliced up

Both happened Season 1 last ep.
>>
>>68135095
yes it really was that bad and it made the previous season look exciting and well made by comparison.

If you weren't cringing hard enough to rupture your internal organs at the moment the radio douche and his shitty taste in music showed up then you are probably braindead.
>>
File: pic00433.jpg (140 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
pic00433.jpg
140 KB, 1280x718
>>68144223
here you go
>>
This episode really pissed me off. Fucking writers using dumbass teenagers to push the plot I FUCKING HATE YOU TWD FUCKERS FUCK OFF
>hurr I just wanna go for a swim xD
>LEL SUDDENLY THERE R ZOMBIES HERE
>LOL HI GUY ON THE RADIO so um whats
>up lol so um like wanna come over to my
>boat it's big lol it can take u to hawai paradise

FUCK OFF
>>
>>68144496
>Spanish mommy killed herself

That's why they went to deep water and buried her.
>>
>>68138816
Reminder, the writers for S2 are not the same writers of S1. They writers of S1 jumped ship so they could make... Firewatch. Really makes you wonder how they made S1 in the first place.
>>
>>68144607
Lot of pirates out there already.

I'd guess they would just be unleashed using any scam they can think of now that the Coast Guard is broadcasting that they are done.
>>
>Watch show to witness breakdown of society
>Only interesting parts in the first couple of episodes were the onset of the chaos where no one knows what's going on
>All of the sudden they completely gloss over this and it just because a watered down version of TWD

What the fuck srsly
>>
PLEASE let your thread die shill
>>
>>68136167
City people in the real world start looting and raping if their lights go out for ten minutes, what do you think?
>>
>>68144729
You post got tired the previous 5 episodes.
>>
>>68144085
>>68140746
>>68140598
fuck.

Most of Anons scenarios would have been GOAT tier FTWD eps

(not saying they are good, just that the writing truly sucks azz)
>>
>>68144932
They should hire random anons to write the general plot for (F)TWD and then add the unnecessary drama. But I fear that we might end up with 30 9yo girls who wear too tight clothings if we go down that route.
>>
File: 1458373691605.jpg (159 KB, 618x764) Image search: [Google]
1458373691605.jpg
159 KB, 618x764
>>68145082
>>
>>68145199
TWD doesn't seem to like children very much.
>>
>>68145082
implying a walking plebs about a 4th grade class from a girls only boarding school would be bad
>>
>>68145082
Nah man just give me full control and I will turn it into what this show was suppoae to be by making an hbo-tier high art character drama and will barely use "zombie action" to filter out the plebs
>>
>>68145319
It would be /tv/ - The Movie
>>68145348
You're the writer of BCS?
>>
>>68145348
But there's already The Leftovers except it doesn't have zombies
>>
File: Sophia.jpg (161 KB, 414x594) Image search: [Google]
Sophia.jpg
161 KB, 414x594
>>68145252
Too bad.

This is what the actress that played Sophia turned into....

But at least we get to watch Carl grow up.
>>
>>68145678
She looks hot, how old is she? Thanks god I live in a country with an aoc of 14.
>>
>>68145740
will be 17 on 11-MAY
>>
>>68137250

That's what happens every time someone dies, gets up and bites someone. Millions of people die every second. Society would go to ratshit in 2 days.
>>
>>68145678
I would let her bite me if you know what I mean.
>>
>>68146238
so

you could wait until you find the perfect girl
let her get bit
chisel her teeth out
>perfect loli never gets old
>>
Shouldn't they not have had smartphones that advanced? I was watching S1 over the weekend and that bugged me a little considering The Walking Dead timeline takes place in the early 00s around 2002-2003 or so with the current issue being around 2007/2008 I believe.
>>
>>68140468
TWD is run by morons.

I watch the short commentary videos that come with buying it from iTunes, and the producers literally don't know what the fuck they are talking about. I actually question if they watch the show, or are too busy eating cavier in their air conditioned trailer while the actors literally improv the entire show.

I'm looking at you Gail Hurd.
>>
how did they go from that mansion to the city getting bombed randomly

felt like they missed an episode
>>
>>68147111
>buying it
>from iTunes
familia...
>>
>>68146176
>Millions of people die every second.
kekd That would make for a good black science man quote
>>
>>68147111
Most of the actors don't know what is going on either. This is why "death of the author" analysis got so popular. Or maybe it just explains emergence theory.
>>
this show is fucking garbage
>>
Was that part with the street thugs going wild which led to the apocalypse? What about the other countries with less criminals
>>
How do they manage to make literally none of the main characters likeable? Aside from Nick, at best. It's painful to watch these idiots
>>
>>68136140
That's when I pull out the candy
>>
>>68137825
Found a fedora fag. I bet you never tried to use a sword, otherwise you would realize how fucking slow and exhausting it is
>>
>>68149253
>zombie apocalypse in canada
>the zombie asks if it can bite you
can't make this up
>>
>>68149253
There are only 3 kinds of countries:
Overfilled, full of criminals or cucked beyond belief. You can imagine what happened to countries like Sweden where no one has a gun and everyone is effiminate.
>>
Why the fuck is 50% of this show in slow motion when nothing is happening? The first season seemed like it wasn't going to have the same pacing problems as TWD, but this first ep is not giving me a lot of hope for S2. Same problems that caused me to drop TWD, nothing happens, writing is bad, and half the characters are unlikeable retards
>>
I loved it

Not sure how the girl was retarded enough to not know the radio could be triangulated though. Also not sure why nobody fucking took it away from her.

I don't even operate radios and I know that shit can be triangulated easily. People who are into that shit are autistic as fuck and will track you down and report you for not having a proper license.
>>
>>68144816
exczly this happend a few months ago in berlin, though it were mostly sandniggers
>>
>>68150110
Yeah I was waiting for someone to take the radio away from her the whole episode. I hate how everyone acts like Strand is just some guy being rude to them when he literally saved all their worthless lives
>>
File: 1415384443619.jpg (54 KB, 560x370) Image search: [Google]
1415384443619.jpg
54 KB, 560x370
>>68136167

>would society really break down like this

Yes.

It is impossible for our technocratic society to sustain itself without power, water, fuel, or information delivery. There is simply no way to produce enough food or water or medicine for everyone. And no way to distribute it, either.

In the natural world, when there is not enough resources to support an existing population then that population will be reduced down to the point where it can sustain itself. Without fertilizers or electric grids or fuel production etc etc, you are looking at a carrying capacity of maybe 30 million people on the North American continent.

And it doesn't matter if the zombies are shambling or weak or retarded. They just merely need to exist to destroy the system. It is a 100% fatal virus that is airborne and infects every single person that dies from it by any means. Rather than fighting a virus, it is like fighting a decentralized enemy force that knows no hunger, pain, thirst, or tiredness. It is active 24/7/365, it attacks on a thousand fronts, and its recruitment mechanism is 100% effective.

Additionally:
>9.3% of the population is diabetic
>10% of the population has a sub-85 IQ
>20% of the population is disabled
>35% of the population is dependent on welfare

All of the above groups make up over 100 million people who could potentially fill the ranks of this enemy within the first week.
>>
>>68136541

>Premieres and finales draw more viewers than normal episodes
Wow! You cracked the code, good job anon!
>>
>>68136853

>TWD just aired it's 6th season's finale
>No new episodes until October
What the fuck do you think? What else are we gonna watch? Z-Nation? Season 3 isn't even out yet.
>>
>>68140008

You literally just described Z-Nation. That show is the definition of villain/adventure of the week plots and they're constantly moving.

I actually watched both seasons while waiting for the second half of TWD season 6 and was pleasantly surprised.

It's nowhere near perfect and the acting is somewhat shoddy(it's insufferable in the early episodes) and the sounds the zombies make are quite stupid since they sound more like pigs than anything. Aside from that, it's a good little show that doesn't take itself too seriously and manages to keep you involved.

Murphy's an interesting character though I don't like the angle they took with him but whatever, Addy's hot as fuck and 10K's a beast.
>>
>>68137121
Society wouldint fall if something like that happened the most realistic outcome would probably be resident evil 2 and 3 and that had more than just zombies.
>>
>>68145199

Is that the girl who played Sophia or Lizzie?
>>
>>68147111

>Gale Anne Hurd
I hate her and everything about her. She is the definition of smug, Hollywood, jew-rat. She's a literal cancer that needs to be erased, I can't fucking stand her.
>>
>>68136167
Did you miss the part where a massive city wide riot happened because some people saw cops shoot some "hobos"? They didn't even know there WAS zombies yet and people were killing and looting and destroying.
>>
>>68151673
Also

152,000 ppl die everyday worldwide...
Everyone is already infected...
152,000 more zombies EVERY DAY regardless
Then compound bites and violence related deaths

Gg
>>
>>68136167
I guess you haven't spent much time in Los Angeles, nor know any of its history.

it's a powder keg, always has been, always will be.
>>
>>68136728
What kind of collapse were you wanting to see? I think the riots, schools closing, military presence and loss of containment was pretty much what would happen. Did you want episodes inside the mayors office or 911 dispatch centers?

how long do you expect society (inside Los Angeles) to hold on? The sheer number of people and spread of the disease would be unimaginable. I'm inclined to believe it would happen as quickly as it was portrayed, there.
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.