[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sticking to original designs from the OT as much as possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16
File: nu-starwars.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
nu-starwars.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
>Worse, taking those designs and making them as streamlined and "gritty" as possible
>No crazy alien creatures for fear of muh Jar Jar
>No crazy alien monsters
>No lush alien landscapes
>No crazy new alien planets
>Instead, rehashes of aliens and planets we've already seen

Honestly the SJW stuff that people bitch about isn't even on my radar. What the fuck is the point of watching the new movies if it's all going to be stuff I've seen before? Lucas was right.
>>
>>68134234
if they did the opposite a whole side of /tv/ would be moaning about it being too much like the prequels

If they did a balance of OT and PT there'd be a side of /tv/ who moan about it being too much like the prequels or original trilogy
>>
Yup. Taking the Star Wars feel out of Star Wars.
>>
its almost like they're motivated solely by profit and not by trying to tell an interesting story
>>
>>68134768
It's all about SJW propaganda now, people are sick of it.

Kasdan said in an interview that he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when jewish SJW Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing propaganda in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
File: face off.gif (2 MB, 332x215) Image search: [Google]
face off.gif
2 MB, 332x215
>>68134234
>Lucas was right.
>>
File: EDL.jpg (48 KB, 511x341) Image search: [Google]
EDL.jpg
48 KB, 511x341
>>68134893
>>
Does anyone else think Rogue One will be even worse in this aspect?

Rogue One has even more obligation to be similar in tone to the OT.
>>
>>68135030
Nothing from the new trailer makes me think this won't be the case. In fact, it looks worse than even TFA in this aspect.
>>
>>68134893
I've read this 50x now you boring cunt.
>>
>>68135030
This new chick will be responsible for creating or changing the Death Star plans and will get the credit for it's eventual destruction.
You know this shit is going to happen.
>>
>>68135030
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Aliens-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-More-Realistic-106357.html

You whiny neckbeards are incorrect about TFA (almost exclusively had new alien and creature designs) and you will be wrong about Rogue One when we see the alien characters that weren't in the 1 minute of footage we have seen (reminder that Tudyk and Mads may be playing aliens)

See also the Episode 8 set photos that seem quite fresh and unexpected in terms of environment, costumes, aliens and creatures
>>
>>68134234
>"Star Wars 7 is too much like a Star Wars film!"
This has to be the dumbest complaint ever made.
>>
>>68134929
Anyone who hates Lucas because the prequels were "boring" is an enemy of creativity and probably loves generic capeshit.
>>
File: Maz_castle_cross_section.jpg (406 KB, 1440x593) Image search: [Google]
Maz_castle_cross_section.jpg
406 KB, 1440x593
>>68134234
>>No crazy alien monsters
TFA has more crazy alien creatures than the OT

>rehashed of aliens and planets already seen
Nearly every alien and planet is new.

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>68135249
>recoiling
>>
>>68134234
They're holding back. The creature shop Mace more aliens for Rogue One than all other 7 combined.
>>
>>68134234
at least it was better than a new hope
>>
>>68135381
I like new original stuff that can wow me. I'm not simply satisfied with being patted on the back because I remember something from a better movie.

It's a completely valid complaint.
>>
>>68135451
*made
>>
you could just watch star trek 2009 anon
>>
File: Neal-Scanlan.jpg (114 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Neal-Scanlan.jpg
114 KB, 1024x576
>>68134234
>No crazy alien creatures
TFA has more original aliens than A New Hope.
>>
This "more realistic" meme is fucking retarded and people are actually buying it.
TFA had aliens that literally look like a CGI character or a guy in a Hallowe'en costume.
>>
File: eating.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
eating.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>68134234
TFA was the Star Wars we needed after years of embarrassment
>>
>>68135479
Most of the design in TFA is original. It's inspired by the OT aesthetic, but it's not directed lifted from it. Nearly all the aliens were new, and all of the planets - while inspired by older planets - were new.
>>
>>68135547
The practical effects were meant to recall the OT. Many of them looked like puppets and men and suits because that's exactly what the Cantina scene felt like.
>>
>>68134234
>NO CRAZYYYY THINGIES

are you fucking 12, can't you articulate properly
>>
>>68135610
But the designs were boring, and as you stated, based on stuff we've already seen.

Jakku is just Tattoine. Maz Katana's place is just the Cantina, new rebel planet is just Yavin IV, new Death Star, etc.

They played it as safe as they possibly could. Honestly we might have to wait for Avatar 2 to see some actual original sci-fi designs.
>>
>>68134893
The part that makes this pasta really autistic is that the guy who wrote it was thinking "I'm not just making a pasta I'm really explaining my views in an adult and comprehensive manner" that's the little bit of autism that elevates this into an autistic masterpiece
>>
You guys really care this much? Do you watch real movies ever? You know like an actual film from time to time?
>>
>>68135848
The design of the planets recalls the OT, but the aliens were all original. And the purpose of TFA wasn't to create an entire new aesthetic like the prequels did, it was to make something new that recalls the look and feel of the old. The movie is entirely about the past, both aesthetically and thematically.
>>
>>68134893
Mental illness general?
>>
>>68135969
Which makes it shit.
>>
>>68134929
GEORGE DINDU NOTHIN
>>
>>68136018
It doesn't, actually. The OT is aesthetically consistent with itself, and TFA wants to feel part of that. TFA doesn't have to feel like JJ's Trek.
>>
>>68135533
>>68135442

Why are you posting pictures from Hellboy 2?
>>
>>68136097
Wait, how is it THAT much aesthetically different from Abrams Trek? It's practically the same shit. Abrams Trek just wanted to be Star Wars.
>>
>>68134234
>Lucas was right.
ahahahaha no.
not being made by lucas boost the movie a 500%
>>
>>68135407
Fuck off George
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 573x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 573x432
>>68136014
I know, his points are completely crazy, right?

He should literally be in a mental asylum.
>>
>>68135610

That's the problem though, it felt like they just took old sets from the OT and gave them new names.
Maz' place is literally just a Yavin temple with a cantina in it.

The new aliens feel uninspired and look like they could come from any scifi movie or tv show of the 00's. Where are the Rodian gangs and the Gran mercenaries?
>>
>>68136235
You first asshat.
>>
>>68135969
And fiscally. Let's stop pretending they went for the old but a bit changed designs for any reason but trying to cash on nostalgia. Worse yet is they changed things that were perfectly fine and didn't need changing like blaster and laser sounds. This is the worst kind of laziness, changing the old a bit to say you added something new instead of adding something new along the old.

Hell, I could almost list all the shots that were stolen from the OT without any of the impact they had back there.
>>
>>68134234
Nothing wrong with that.

>Worse, taking those designs and making them as streamlined and "gritty" as possible
"worn-out" is not the same as "gritty"

There were enough new creatures at Maz's Cantina and in the Resistance.

>No crazy alien monsters
The Rathtars. inb4 "but i didn't like their design!" Doesn't change the fact they had crazy alien monsters.

Takodana looked great

>No crazy new alien planets
Those points i partially agree with
>>
>>68136262
Being stupid isn't a mental illness anon
>>
>>68134234
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAH I NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS FANTASY MOVIE FOR CHILDREN AT EVERY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY REEEEE I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD EVEN THOUGH I'M A GROWN ADULT
suck helium asap
>>
>>68136398
You're completely inconsistent. You complain when they change the sound, but you deride it for being too similar. There's no way they could have possibly won.
>>
>>68136489
Are you really complaining about someone talking about a movie on /tv/?
>>
>>68135741
Absolutely desperate rationalisation of shit effects.
>>
File: Starcucks.jpg (187 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Starcucks.jpg
187 KB, 960x640
can't wait to pay my 20$ ticket to get cucked

hope you do too
>>
>>68136695
ILM is the best effects studio in the world you faggot. If they wanted to make flawless CG creatures they could've.
>>
>>68135364
Tudyk is the droid you see running with the group.
>>
>>68136287
>The new aliens feel uninspired and look like they could come from any scifi movie or tv show of the 00's
Nice subjective non-critique. The cantina aliens are iconic to you not because of great design, but because they're in such an iconic scene and movie.
>>
>>68136585
>there's no way they could've possibly won

Yes, there is. Don't change. Add. Don't change the design of the Stormtroopers and their E-11 just to alibize that you did something new. The old design is good enough. But you can add new troopers, new vehicles (which you can easily lift off the EU). Hell, you can even show how the old tactics don't work anymore so they roll out something new. TFA feels like a Chinese knock-off. Just enough changes to avoid a copyright suit but fully intended to be sold to the fans of the real stuff.
>>
>>68137095
The changes to the stormtrooper outfits and weaponry are due to the fact that it takes place nearly 40 years after the OT. Modern soldiers don't use the same armor and weaponry that they did during the Vietnam war, do they? Again, it's absurd to complain abut some changes while simultaneously reviling the film for its lack of changes.
>>
We're not going to get any new content until 10 years later when we've got all the phase one Star Wars movies and everyone is ready to branch out into new shit. Honestly, nostalgiafags and OT worshipers are the bane of cinema, at least The Phantom Menace tried to do new and bold things.
>>
>>68137507
>at least The Phantom Menace tried to do new and bold things.
By copying its story from A New Hope and including main characters that are just younger versions of old characters? TPM is less original than TFA.
>>
>>68134234
These don't bother me as much as the fact that the story was a shameless retread of IV with pieces of V thrown into the mix. The movie is seriously at least 95% copied shit. The emotion in Han's death was gone because you could tell it was just the "obi-wan death" scene of IV. The movie implies that the death of the New Republic was supposedly this tremendous thing that everyone could feel and that the audience should feel bad about, but they literally never showed the New Republic at all besides that single scene. That's just shitty film making, fuck JJ cuckrams. At least in IV it was Leia's home being destroyed, that is something the audience could actually relate to.

We joke about George Lucas thinking he was some kind of poet, but compared to someone like JJ who just tries to force the "poetry" by literally copying the source material, George is fucking Shakespeare.
>>
>>68137095
>>68137435
How about
>don't have stormtroopers
>don't have a Death Star
>don't have a bitchboy in a scary mask

Try making an original Star Wars film with an inspired plot and enemies and don't just make A New Hope Revisited -OR- go all out with fanboy shit like Rogue One. But don't make a bunch of stormtroopers with sleeker helmets and a fuckhuge Death Star and praise it as revolutionary.
>>
File: image.jpg (731 KB, 1712x1338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
731 KB, 1712x1338
Good goys:^)
>>
>>68137734
No one is praising it as revolutionary.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 594x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 594x404
>>68134893
>>
>>68137812
most of this is just straight up wrong so stop posting it
>>
>>68137812
You're like one of these people that thinks that the reason black people don't do well is that white people are deliberately keeping them down.
>>
>>68137435
>Modern soldiers don't use the same armor and weaponry that they did during the Vietnam war

Funny you should say that. The US army is still using the M2 Browning, along with the M1911. AKs from that war are probably still around somewhere shooting. Same for Vz58s. Not to mention the grandaddy of all guns, the good old Mosin.

The changes are stupid because they serve no purpose. Do the new helmets protect Stormtroopers better because they look tad bit different? Are the E-11 more accurate because they have that white bit of plastic and red light? If you want to show change then change. But this halfway shit where it's supposed to look both old and new is just wrong.
>>
>>68138117
Did Vietnam soldiers use M4s?

>Are the E-11 more accurate because they have that white bit of plastic and red light?
Internal changes often come with aesthetic changes. What makes you think that the only changes would come in casing? You're assuming that they serve no function despite not knowing the lore behind those changes.

>Do the new helmets protect Stormtroopers better because they look tad bit different?
Aesthetic changes in uniforms come every generation, despite no difference in protection. This is a retarded thing to complain about.
>>
>>68136262
>I'm a paranoid fuck
>>
>>68136748
absolutely desperate rationalisation of shitty effects, again.

We have been constantly told "practical effects are better and more realistic" in almost every JJ interview.
Exactly the opposite of the "b... but they made them shit and retro on purpose" shit you just came up with.
>>
>>68135442

>all of them were used in establishing shots only
>all the important characters were generic human with the exception of Orange Yoda of No Explanations
>>
>>68138544
If you didn't get it you didn't get it. But if you look at JJ's previous work and the effects ILM is known for you'd realize that the retro look of them was absolutely deliberate.
>>
>>68135030
it's looks like a group of rpg players wrote a story treatment. just riffing off of ideas they've seen before.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x329
>>68135407
It's true... all of it. This comment times 1000!
>>
>>68135407
Its a good thing that being boring isn't one of the bigger problems with the prequels. What really irked me was the bad writing and wooden acting, the cringe inducing dialogue, and the lazy shooting.
>>
>>68139555
Cinematography was base... fuck off!
>>
>>68139555
Yeah, the world building was top teir. Entire world's and governments and people groups were brilliantly realized. So once Lucas had an amazing universe, he populated it with characters blander than planks of wood and with nonsense motivations.
>>
>>68139650
>Cinematography was base
Are you kidding? It was some of the most standard, cookie-cutter cinematography i've ever seen.
>>
>>68138395
Yep. He should be put away. Or at least silenced.
>>
>>68136398
It was a losing bet for the filmmakers vs the fans. Try to do something too original and they'll get compared to the prequels. Try to do something too similar to the old movies and they'll get complaints that it's not original.

Fact is, they couldn't please everyone and I'm pretty sure they all knew it when going in. Rather than taking a risk and betting on all new shit, they hedged their bets and took the safe pay out. However, they also set things up to take Episode VIII in a different direction, which they hopefully will.

Could TFA have been a better movie? Absolutely, but it was still pretty good for what it was. And it got a lot of people who were jaded about the prequels excited about Star Wars again, myself included. Not to mention getting a whole new generation hooked on the franchise.

Bitch and whine all you want, the Force Awakens is exactly what Star Wars needed for a resurgence.
>>
>>68134234
Can lucas buy back star wars? Like what if sales plummet maybe they woukd sell it back?
>>
>>68137944
I know right? These guys are, like, just as bad as the SJWs they complain about! I wish they'd stop pointing out basic facts and go away.
>>
If they are going to give it a pretentious subtitle such as 'A Star Wars Story', then I want to see some classic, throwback shit; designs and props that are included because they can help flesh out a familiar and potent universe.
>>
>>68138721
Right, because I clearly remember all those main characters who were crazy aliens in the OT.

Wait.
>>
>>68138117
The clone troopers changed uniforms more times in like 10 years than the stormtroopers did in 30. What the fuck are you even complaining about?
>>
>>68140376
I don't think its fair to say that the Clone Wars era Republic was realized solely in the movies. The cartoon, and audiobooks and novels based off of it added much needed depth to what would have otherwise been pretty much background for the characters to carry out their roles in.
>>
>>68135533

Most of those designs were the same brown amd covered in dusty rags which make them lost in the background, it doesnt help that the nostalgia practical effects weren t done well to begin with.

Everyhing in TFA is pretty much made to invoke nostalgia without instilling all the wonder or emotion. Even worse despite trying to fap to the OT so much they didnt even add any of the iconic races in it save for two connected to memes.
>>
>>68138117
>Do the new helmets protect storm troopers better because they look a bit different?
Actually, they offer worse protection than the original models. Finn states that the First Order helmets only filter out smoke but cannot provide any protection against toxic gasses, whereas legends (the only time we're ever given any specifics about stormtrooper armor from the OT) stated that the armor offered full NBC protection and contained its own internal air supply, and with only minimal modification could offer prolonged protection against extremely hostile environments and atmospheres.
As to the E-11 versus the F11-D, the only thing I could find with a quick search was that the standard E-11 has a x2 magnification scope, while the F11-D offers up to x8 magnification.
In all other respects it appears to be identical to the E-11, sharing the same shot capacity and range.
>>
>>68140386
>>68140386
>It was some of the most standard, cookie-cutter cinematography i've ever seen.
If you only watch 1950-60 films, sure.
>>
>>68136097
>TFA doesn't have to feel like JJ's Trek
You can't be this delusional
>>
>>68140989
>These guys are, like, just as bad as the SJWs they complain about!

yeah, pretty much!
>>
>>68138334
>Did Vietnam soldiers use M4s
The M4 is a simple carbine variant of the M16 family. There were many experimental carbines used by the MACSOG like the CAR-15

The E-11 rifles are based off the DC-15carbines which itself is based of the DC-15. The whole point is it has a story, it's not a new modern weapon for no reason. There was a gradual progression like the ARC-170 turning into the X-Wing or V-Wing and Eta-2 turning to TIE fighters
>>
>>68137675
Eh, nah. TPM had a lot of flaws. Being a "copy of ANH" isn't one of them.
>>
>>68134893
There is literally nothing wrong with being jewish
>>
>>68139555
>bad writing and wooden acting, the cringe inducing dialogue, and the lazy shooting
I will never understand these complaints when it's identical for the OT. It's filled with horrible dialogue found only in old serials. It's what gives Star Wars it's charm. The dialogue is so bizarre you don't find it anywhere else. This is the major problem with TFA. It's modern.
>>
>>68141249
True. It's really impossible for me to judge the movie in a vaccuum since I played all the games and media related to the clone wars Era while growing up.
>republic commando
>clone wars for GameCube
>battlefront 2
>>
>>68142671
The big difference between OT and PT is that the OT characters don't deliver it so cold and stiff. Everyone in the PT seems uncomfortable and humorless because George didn't give the actors fuckall to work with.
Characters in TFA do sound different than in the OT, but do better than the PT because at least they don't sound uncomfortable or wooden saying them.
>>
>>68142597
Post modern jews gave birth and sustain the SJW movement. Post modern jews also control Hollywood. This is well documented. Look into it for yourself.
>>
>>68142705
>Those Republic Commando feels.
Don't remind me Anon, it still hurts.
>>
File: CfjJm66UIAAUxzP.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
CfjJm66UIAAUxzP.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>68142854
>OT characters don't deliver it so cold and stiff. Everyone in the PT seems uncomfortable and humorless
I disagree. It was a good contrast for the Jedi to be stuffy compared to the passionate regulars like Padme and Bail. It's what makes Anakin work well because he's not acting like a traditional Jedi. He's being emotionally charged compared to someone like Windu or Yoda. I feel like that was the big point that went over people's head.

>George didn't give the actors fuckall to work with
Of course, he hates working with actors and directors. Hamill and Ford use to fuck with him all the time about it. All he wanted was Spielberg and Kasdan to direct the prequels. I wonder how Filoni would've directed the prequels considering how much of a good team they made during TCW.
>>
>>68142955
>you will never look into sev's bloody faceplate again
>you'll never kill separatist scum alongside him again
Why live?
>>
>>68143184
But Padme and Bail are only emotional compared to the Jedi, they're still pretty reserved most of the time. Anakin is emotional to a severe fault, he's a mass murderer with anger issues. I get what they were going for with Anakin being a black sheep among the Jedi in a similar manner to Dooku. I just think it didn't work as well as it could have.
>>
File: cory.jpg (38 KB, 547x692) Image search: [Google]
cory.jpg
38 KB, 547x692
> April 2016
> Star Wars shitposting STILL hasn't ended.
>>
>>68135030
No, they're already pushing new vehicle concepts in the character trailer. It won't play on nostalgia.
>>
>>68135364
They were almost all shitty designs. The cantina scene was bad because it was a literal copy and paste from the cantina scene in ANH and the aliens were unoriginal despite being new.

That's one of the few things had going for him, his stuff was always original even the bad stuff. And his world was consistent not this blatant fan service of "hey remember this???" every scene.
>>
>>68144138
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
>Vader
>Boba Fett
>Tarkin
>Death Star
>Mon Mothma

Won't play on nostalgia.... fuck off haha!
>>
>>68143753
There's a new trailer nigger.
>>
>>68136262
That's a quote from some neo-nazi, not Voltaire.
>>
>>68144249
Yeah, they're developing half of those characters further. Only real nostalgia thing is tech, and they might explain Death Star
>>
>>68135442
This is them trying to replicate OT aliens that have already been made in a cantina that's trying to replicate the OT cantina scene that's already been made.

Its like trying to feed someone wax or plastic fruit and insisting it's the same as real fruit because it looks just like it.
>>
>>68140989
>basic facts

Yeah, followed by implausible conclusions.
>>
>>68144249
I don't think this will have any scene to imitate/plagiarize from the originals, a harsh criticism of TFA.
>>
>>68135549
Daisy Ridley is so ugly
>hehe she put on helmet and chew with mouth open! so cute!
>>
File: 1402514155443.jpg (43 KB, 214x250) Image search: [Google]
1402514155443.jpg
43 KB, 214x250
>>68137894

Jew Jew is such a stereotypical presentation of his race that you cannot be snicker.
>>
>>68137921

Name three mistakes.
>>
>>68144620
yeah but that is not what nostalgia means
>>
>>68134234
What rehashed aliens?

No Rodians
No Ithorians
No Gungans
No whatever yoda was
No Mon Cal except Ackbaar

Just a bunch of Dr Who/Star Trek left over background aliens.
>>
>>68135364
YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG!!!!

Jesus, stop being a faggot, and citing some bigger faggots only makes you more AIDS enriched.

Faggot.
>>
File: 567px-Secura_and_Sing.jpg (95 KB, 567x600) Image search: [Google]
567px-Secura_and_Sing.jpg
95 KB, 567x600
are there any twi'leks in TFA? because if not, it definitely is worse than the prequels
>>
>>68134234
Are you talking about the Rogue One teaser or TFA?

That's a positive.
>No crazy alien monsters
There's quite a few in TFA. And in the RO teaser, there aren't any in a few rebel bases and high command areas. Weren't really many crazy alien monsters outside of the bar in ANH, and the bases on both sides where overwhelmingly populated by human-types.
Rogue One trailer is literally in a lush, tropical landscape with palm trees and sand shrubs and shit. It's basically the only biome they hadn't done yet.
And what "lush alien landscape" shots where in the OT really? Are you a prequel babby?

Most the aliens in TFA hadn't been seen before. None of the planets in TFA where planets we'd seen before.

>What the fuck is the point of watching the new movies if it's all going to be stuff I've seen before?
Do you get upset every time James Bond gets a Q gadget or bangs a woman or drinks a martini too?

>Lucas was right.
About what? For one thing, the prequels were belligerent rehashes of shit we'd seen before, but with shitty cgi because Lucas was trying to turn ILM into an industry standard, and shitty "crazy alien monster" characters shoehorned in to sell new toys.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.