[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls don't like comedy scifi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: phoca_thumb_l_officer rimmer.jpg (41 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
phoca_thumb_l_officer rimmer.jpg
41 KB, 640x452
Or sci fi
>>
>>68129475
My 11th grade geography teacher was obsessed with science fiction movies. I'm also pretty sure she had autism.

from my experience, geography teachers are always weird
>>
Red Dwarf is absolute cringe material.
>>
>>68129475
Virgin detected. My ex got me into this.
>>
>>68129618
you're dick is cringe materiaul
>>
>>68129594
my geography teacher went full blown autism at me cause i hated school so she gave me lunchtime detention every week, or day, i cant remember, for the term

fuck you mrs lahey or whatever your name was you red haired fuck

the worst part is you grow up and youre way smarter than the kids who got teaching degrees and you realise you were smarter than the teachers and they just hated your know it all attitude
>>
>>68129594
My geography teacher was some white girl in her mid 20s with a phat ass
>>
>>68129475
Red Dwarf has quite a good female fanbase.
>>
>>68129594
My geography teacher was maybe a bit eccentric but she's also probably the most intimidatingly intelligent person I've ever met.

She knew all her stuff backwards and forwards, helped write all of the end of school exams for the subjects she worked on and was amazingly well-travelled and read. Also she was incredibly nice but could be fucking fierce if she thought you weren't doing good enough. Probably the only reason I didn't totally fuck up high school.

All the geography teachers I had were actually fairly based. Humanities in general seems to attract cool teachers who know their stuff. English is where I seemed to notice the weirdos and hippies. I don't think I ever had an English teacher who didn't hate me.
>>
>>68129670
My sci fi loving teacher was like 23 or 25 and told extremely vague stories about some boyfriend that later turned out to not exist.
>>
>>68129752
My senior year English teacher had a crush on me, and quite noticeably so. Admitting to it during my graduation didn't make things better.

she was absolutely terrifying and I hope I'll never meet her again
>>
File: American Gigolo.jpg (20 KB, 336x480) Image search: [Google]
American Gigolo.jpg
20 KB, 336x480
>>68129826
So, are you handsome as fuck or what?
>>
>>68129656
You're so smart right? That's why so spend 6 hours a day on the dedicated meme board on 4chan.
>>
>>68129922
yeah im doing a law degree which is objectively harder to get into/do that a teaching degree

im on here before bed to unwind

you sad you were too stupid to get a real degree? i guess those holidays make up the money you cant earn and the shit environment where nobody respects you but children
>>
>>68129863
I g-guess...

Seriously, though, I talked to her about literature quite often and that might've both gotten her interested and have given her the wrong impression.
>>
>>68129594
>>68129755
Was she hot?
>>
>>68129826
Uggo?
>>
>>68129475
I like sci fi.
I read a shit ton of Ursula K Leguin as a child.
>>
>>68129826
did she give you an "A"?
>>
>family friend is your teacher
>youre a bad student
>decide to just not goto class out of respect of family friend

and thats how i fucked up in english
>>
File: 9780312890209.jpg (289 KB, 651x1000) Image search: [Google]
9780312890209.jpg
289 KB, 651x1000
>>68130017
Not him, I'm studying law and I'm not a smart person. In some countries it's not bad, but if you're American you might be being played. Legal industry doesn't need as many people as are being churned out by the system, more people are admitted than there should be to bleed you of money.

>>68130039
>talking to english teacher about literature
You know, I never once tried this despite being probably the most well read student in every English class I had. Might have been a good idea, make them hate me less.

This is getting off topic, post GOAT science-fiction.

>>68130086
Your hero acknowledges the superiority of mine, how does it feel?
>>
I had a really cool history teacher from colorado. Got married the year before. Lucky bastard.

She was one of the rare blondes who had big tits and a great ass, and not an ounce of extra fat on her; literally perfect body.
Knew her fucking facts, too. She only told us to get out our books to point out why they were full of shit.
>>
>>68129475
i only liked season 1. most of the jokes are just generic sitcom quips set against a sci fi backdrop.
>>
>>68130148
I read a shit ton of gene wolf as an adult
>>
>>68130246
I just picked up the Book of the New Sun. Liking it so far. Is all of his stuff good? Should I read the other Sun series?
>>
>>68130075
>>68130062
She was kind of terrifying. She was really tall (6'5"or something) and skinny and had broad shoulders, which made her somewhat look like a trap. Piercing blue eyes of a psycopath. Not a very nice person, but she liked me anyway.

>>68130100
Whenever a subjective perspective was needed (essay grading, oral tests) I'd get a perfect score.
I just realized my French teacher did the same thing, despite me only being able to read French; speaking it is very difficult for me. thinking about it now she treated me much better than most students and wanted to hug after graduation oh god
>>
>>68130276
>6'5
>husky eyes

You must be pretty fucking handsome because you are a dumb fuck. Those would have been great genes for your children.
>>
>>68130246
No shame, Wolfe is the god-king of genre fiction. Most 'adult' fiction hasn't got shit on him.

>>68130273
His entire Solar Saga is fairly consistently good, and his other work is also top-tier.

Two of his early novels 'The Fifth Head of Cerberus' and 'Peace' are probably his best standalone works and I just started reading his short fiction today after finding some in my university library by chance, it's amazing.

'The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories' would be a good start to Wolfe's short fiction if that interests you.

>>68130276
I think that >>68130317 is onto the right idea here anon, you goofed. Should have married her, she's already got a steady job for while you finish your studies and she's got them 10/10 warrior genetics.

Stupid.
>>
>>68130317
>implying she was even young enough to bear children

I'm guessing she was at least in her mid-40s, anon?
>>
File: hulk.gif (207 KB, 237x200) Image search: [Google]
hulk.gif
207 KB, 237x200
>>68130276
>6'5"
>Piercing blue eyes
>trap
Sounds pretty hot anon
>>
>>68130273
No, book of the new sun is his best work. I really liked some other stuff too, tho. never read the other suns.
>>
>>68130374
>'The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories' would be a good start to Wolfe's short fiction if that interests you.

I'll stick with the Solar Saga for now. Really liking how Severian's narrative includes the memories he was having at the time, like he just can't help himself. The introduction was also a hell of an establishing shot of just how foreign this world is.
>>
>>68130446
If you like strongly cerebral narration and alien worlds You'll probably like pretty much all of Wolfe's work. Even his stuff that isn't science-fiction tends to have a strange otherwordly feel to it.
>>
>>68130377
Yep.

>>68130317
She was in her 40s, married, and had 2 or 3 kids. She was also a terrible person and I'd rather not associate with her too much.
>>
>>68130494
>terrible person
explain?
>>
>>68130589
Shit teacher
>>
>>68130589
Extremely selfish (which as a teacher is an absolute no go) and arrogant despite being completely incompetent. Mean to kids (would make fun of students for no reason). Generally off putting appearance and way of talking.
>>
>>68129656
where are you now mr genius?
>>
>>68130132
Couldn't he/she make you a good student?
>>
I like sci-fi, but I don't usually like comedies. Exceptions are action comedies.
>>
>>68129475

i got news for you

no normal people like british television, you really have to the be a total loser to watch doctor who or whatever
>>
>>68129475
daily reminder everybody's dead dave
>>
File: dave.jpg (12 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
dave.jpg
12 KB, 200x176
>mfw all these crypto-fascists
>>
>>68129653
oh snap
>>
>>68130276
She sounds like she has a hormonal imbalance or is intersex.
>>
>>68129475
I know more women who like Star Trek and Firefly than men.
>>
>>68132486
your anecdote trumps data

congrats
>>
>>68132427
She played sports a lot. Maybe she was intersex.
>>
>>68129475
Girls like anything they are told to like. They are literally programmable robots without any own thoughts.
>>
>>68132647
>Data
Where?
>>
>>68132856
>Girls like anything they are told to like
Why don't they like you, then?

I mean, you send them so many messages, and they never respond.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.