[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the better film? Terminator is more iconic, that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1064x812) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107 KB, 1064x812
Which is the better film?

Terminator is more iconic, that's a given. But which do yo personally prefer?
>>
RoboCop is my personal fav but it's about equal to T2.

Both beat Terminator 1.
>>
robocop because it has that verhoeven feel to it, like total recall and starship troopers.

they're both great films, but not really the same.
>>
>>68107735
Do you even have to ask, CREEP?!
>>
>Which is the better film?
Super difficult, they're both fantastic and arguably perfect
>Personal Preference
Robocop
>>
File: robocop vs terminator.jpg (448 KB, 1285x1920) Image search: [Google]
robocop vs terminator.jpg
448 KB, 1285x1920
>>68107735
Robocop vs. Terminator when?
>>
File: mad.png (40 KB, 201x208) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
40 KB, 201x208
>>68107820
>there are people who prefer Terminator 2: One Liner Edition to the glory that was 1
>>
Terminator imo
>>
T1 has some nice moments but the first Robocop is fucking fire. Both series go to shit after the second installments.
>>
I'll give RoboCop fire the edge for his GOAT theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_AkU8wJ1ZA
>>
>>68107860
yeah i like it robocop hoover feels.
>>
>>68108891
RoboCop 2 theme song is great too. Like a fanfare. Glory
>>
I believe Robocop is a better movie and it works both as a simple plot driven picture or as satire.
Terminator is still great though, and I like the first one better than the second.
>>
>>68107735
Robocop>T1>Terminator 2>Robocop 2

Robocop is a perfect movie. There's not one thing it does wrong other than maybe Dick Jones turning into a Breezy Geezer when he falls out the window at the end, and I'll give that a pass due to 80's effects technology.

T1 is a damn good movie but it lags around the end of the second act and you can clearly tell where the 'let's blow up Cyberdyne' plot was edited out of it once you've seen the deleted scenes. It's imperfect in its conception.
>>
Movie: Robocop > The Terminator > Terminator 2> Robocop 2

Soundtrack: Robocop > Terminator 2 > The Terminator > Robocop 2
>>
>>68108995
I really don't get people who dislike Robocop 2's score, or Robocop 2 in general. It's not as incendiary as the first film, but on its own merits it's amazing. People seem to forget it's by Irvin 'I directed the best Star Wars film ever' Kershner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79zctMZ2dY

I don't like this quite as much as Poledouris' score but it's still pretty amazing. The choral recitation of Robocop's name adds a veneer of religious frenzy to proceedings, in line with Verhoeven's intention he should be the 'modern American Jesus'.

I'd put Robocop 2 on level pegging with T2, thinking about it. People love to suck T2's dick but that film has some serious pacing issues at points, and lacks the oppressive, bleak, neon-soaked atmosphere of the first - whereas Robocop 2 almost perfectly recaptures and builds on the dystopian future-80's of the first film.
>>
Robocop is better than T1, but T2 beats it. Everyone else is objectively wrong.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.